Windows 10: My keyboard has been unresponsive to most of my keystrokes, pretty sure its an OS issue.

Discus and support My keyboard has been unresponsive to most of my keystrokes, pretty sure its an OS issue. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been dealing with keyboard issues ever since 3 days ago, I mostly play rhythm games on my PC so these keystroke problems are hitting me really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by topnotchleader ., Jun 10, 2023.

1. My keyboard has been unresponsive to most of my keystrokes, pretty sure its an OS issue.

I've been dealing with keyboard issues ever since 3 days ago, I mostly play rhythm games on my PC so these keystroke problems are hitting me really hard. I reset my keyboard, i replaced my keyboards usb port, i plugged in the keyboard into another usb port on my pc, i uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my keyboard, I checked if i was on the latest software on everything, and checked if it was only mainly affecting that singular keyboard, which it sadly isn't. I've just basically nailed it down onto an OS issue, being because i'm on a windows insider canary beta channel i'm pretty sure

:)

topnotchleader ., Jun 10, 2023
  2. John Vil Win User

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jun 10, 2023
  3. Unresponsive keyboard issue

Hi everyone,

Have a bit of an issue with Windows 10. Occasionally after an update something will go wrong and the PC will boot into the automatic repair. However when I get to the choose keyboard input screen, the keyboard and mouse are totally unresponsive.

Usually this goes a away after a couple of restarts, but it seems quite stuck now. The keyboard works fine to get me into Bios but after that goes back to the same unresponsive state.

If anyone had any idea of a possible fix I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,
    Ricky

musket the dog, Jun 10, 2023
  4. My keyboard has been unresponsive to most of my keystrokes, pretty sure its an OS issue.

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - 1st Keystroke no working

It appears that the latest all black Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - has a firmware issue and only after a few minutes it goes to sleep,

the first keystroke wakes the power save feature embedded - which means that first keystroke does not appear on screen.

Rendering this keyboard as useless for data input or typing - all other bluetooth keyboards I have tried work fine, its only this one that has the issue, any suggestions - No its not a windows power setting or driver issue or Bluetooth issue with PC, this
    IS a Keyboard Hardware Issue only.

dasher310154, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

My keyboard has been unresponsive to most of my keystrokes, pretty sure its an OS issue.

1. My keyboard has been unresponsive to most of my keystrokes, pretty sure its an OS issue. - Similar Threads - keyboard has been

2. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.: Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware issue plus I already did resetting and resetting drivers and I want to know if there is a quick fix/troubleshoot I could do...
  3. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.: Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware issue plus I already did resetting and resetting drivers and I want to know if there is a quick fix/troubleshoot I could do...
  4. My keyboard has been unresponsive to most of my keystrokes, pretty sure its an OS issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard has been unresponsive to most of my keystrokes, pretty sure its an OS issue.: I've been dealing with keyboard issues ever since 3 days ago, I mostly play rhythm games on my PC so these keystroke problems are hitting me really hard. I reset my keyboard, i replaced my keyboards usb port, i plugged in the keyboard into another usb port on my pc, i...
  5. I’m very confused. My computer has been extremely slow lately and this I’m pretty sure is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m very confused. My computer has been extremely slow lately and this I’m pretty sure is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheColorDown [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuvofw/im_very_confused_my_computer_has_been_extremely/
  6. I'm pretty sure I just bricked my computer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm pretty sure I just bricked my computer...: So, I had an issue for a while on my computer. I finally looked it up, and the issue could be fixed by a chkdsk. It failed, and then I was in a recovery loop. I looked through the cmd prompt (which was the only thing I could use), and found that the boot had an issue. The...
  7. My computer registers keystrokes on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer registers keystrokes on its own: Hey! I recently bought a hp gaming laptop with Win10. But recently i have been facing some problens with the computer. The system eandomly regosters keystroke especially the key "a" and the down navigation key. But when i want to use the key it wont work. I tried...
  8. Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard: As above however I don't know the scale of the problem, but there sure is no way I can press the windows button and search for programs, Neither does it work with the "search icon". I recently had a friend come over and fix a problem with a "ctfmon.exe" file that made my c...
  9. Unresponsive keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unresponsive keyboard issue: Hi everyone, Have a bit of an issue with Windows 10. Occasionally after an update something will go wrong and the PC will boot into the automatic repair. However when I get to the choose keyboard input screen, the keyboard and mouse are totally unresponsive. Usually...
  10. has my 64bit os not been using all my RAM??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    has my 64bit os not been using all my RAM??: I have a 32bit cpu core 2 duo e7500 2.93Ghz, but in windows 10 32bit I couldn't use over 4GB of RAM. so I did what anyone would do and downloaded windows 10 64bit! For months I have been enjoying games and the new experience with 6 GB of usable RAM, or so I thought! I read...