Windows 10: My keyboard input method (language) sometimes changes itself

Discus and support My keyboard input method (language) sometimes changes itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've disabled shift+alt, which works, since it doesn't change the keyboard input method when I press it. It might be Win+space, but I never get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sympatoo, Mar 21, 2021.

1. My keyboard input method (language) sometimes changes itself

I've disabled shift+alt, which works, since it doesn't change the keyboard input method when I press it.

It might be Win+space, but I never get the popup, and I doubt I accidental press those keys. But can I disable this, just to make sure?

Keysequence are all set to none.

What else can it be? Is there a way to simply lock the keyboard method, and never have it change no matter what?

This is driving me nuts!

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/Sympatoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sympatoo, Mar 21, 2021
  2. nadeaujf Win User

Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing

Great! I found it by searching Input method as you suggested (full path is Settings -> Typing -> Advanced keyboard settings).
    - I've set "Override for default input language" to "French (Canada)" instead of "Use language list".
    - "Let me use a different input method for each app" was already unchecked
    - I've disabled the key sequence to switch between input languages in (Language bar options -> Advanced key settings)

I hope it did the trick, I'll mark this as solved if the keyboard does not change back by tomorrow.

Thank you!

nadeaujf, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Mohan B P Win User

My keyboard input method (language) sometimes changes itself

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

My keyboard input method (language) sometimes changes itself

1. My keyboard input method (language) sometimes changes itself - Similar Threads - keyboard input method

2. Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself: Hello,Some of our users are encountering an annoying issues with their keyboard layout since ~ Mars I would say. I suspect Windows Update to be the source of the problem. We have two keyboard layouts :- Swiss french- Swiss germanThe issue is that some of our French users have...
  3. Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself: Hello,Some of our users are encountering an annoying issues with their keyboard layout since ~ Mars I would say. I suspect Windows Update to be the source of the problem. We have two keyboard layouts :- Swiss french- Swiss germanThe issue is that some of our French users have...
  4. To remove unwanted language input methods.

in Windows 10 Customization
    To remove unwanted language input methods.: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Home, version 20H2. I've seen similar problems on the posts that posted 2 years ago on older version of Windows 10. There's still nothing I can do to remove the extra input languages. My question is how to remove those extra input methods?...
  5. Problem with language bar and input method

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with language bar and input method: Hi everyone, I have a little problem that is driving me nut, and I have no idea where to search to find solutions about it. First here is my "winver" window: [ATTACH] When I do Windows key + Space key, I got this menu that shows up: [ATTACH] As you probably know, that's...
  6. Superfluous input method in language bar

Superfluous input method in language bar: Hello! I've just installed Windows 10 May 2019 Update and encountered the following problem: 3 languages are displayed in the language bar instead of 2 (see the picture below - United Kingdom keyboard is unnecessary). On the other hand I see only 2 languages in the "Language"...
  7. Keyboard language changing itself

Keyboard language changing itself: I've been getting an issue for a long time on windows 10 now, I've found numerous threads with the same issue but no resolution. However my issue now is slightly different, but I think I know what may be causing it. Firstly, at times my language bar will bug out. I have US...
  8. Automatic Keyboard input language change

Automatic Keyboard input language change: Hello, I'm using surface pro 4 in Korea which was bought directly from America. So, English, (United States) US Keyboard and Korean IME are both on language preference. When I write something, I start with Korean IME and shift Korean to English and vice versa with simple...
  9. Automatic Keyboard input language change

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Keyboard input language change: Hello, I'm using surface pro 4 in Korea which was bought directly from America. So, English, (United States) US Keyboard and Korean IME are both on language preference. When I write something, I start with Korean IME and shift Korean to English and vice versa with simple...
  10. 1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages?

in Windows 10 Support
    1803: Cannot change/remove input methods/languages?: Hello everyone, I have 4 languages installed, but only want 2 of them as input methods (keyboard). In previous Windows 10 versions, there was a Language section in the Control Panel where input methods could be removed. This section has been removed in 1803, and there's...