Windows 10: My keyboard is all mixed up

Discus and support My keyboard is all mixed up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I didn't use my computer for 2 days now and when I turned it on thr keyboard started acting weird, when I click the letter "e", "e+" appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ssomeone, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Ssomeone Win User

My keyboard is all mixed up

Hello! I didn't use my computer for 2 days now and when I turned it on thr keyboard started acting weird, when I click the letter "e", "e+" appears instead and when I click number 3 on the numberpad, it activates CapsLock and also when I click space, it creates a space then "-" appears along with it.

I tried safe mode and same thing happened and also tried scanning my computer for viruses with Avast but also nothing and uninstalled keyboard drivers and restarted my computer.

Nothing workded, I hope you have a solution for this.

Thank you so much Microsoft Support.

:)

Ssomeone, Mar 1, 2020

2. @ and " are mixed up on my keyboard

Hi John,

To resolve your issue with keyboard, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start Menu>Settings>Time & language>Region & language.
    • Click on Languages>Options>Add a keyboard.
    • Click on US Qwerty.
    • Close to Save.
    Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Mar 1, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 1, 2020
  4. My keyboard is all mixed up

Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

My keyboard is all mixed up

1. My keyboard is all mixed up - Similar Threads - keyboard mixed

2. my USB keyboard keys mixed up, when i press space, num lock also get pressed. when i press...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my USB keyboard keys mixed up, when i press space, num lock also get pressed. when i press...: When i open key tester, i pressed space, key tester showed me space, menu and num lock. And when i pressed ALT it showed me ALT and num 4. Some other keys are also like that except Alphabets, numbers and function keys. If anyone can help then pls do something. This problem is...
  3. my USB keyboard keys mixed up, when i press space, num lock also get pressed. when i press...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my USB keyboard keys mixed up, when i press space, num lock also get pressed. when i press...: When i open key tester, i pressed space, key tester showed me space, menu and num lock. And when i pressed ALT it showed me ALT and num 4. Some other keys are also like that except Alphabets, numbers and function keys. If anyone can help then pls do something. This problem is...
  4. my USB keyboard keys mixed up, when i press space, num lock also get pressed. when i press...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can't see new notifications; settings all mixed up; can't remove enus intl keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't see new notifications; settings all mixed up; can't remove enus intl keyboard layout: so three questions here:first, can't open notification center if i click it, also can't see my new notifications on screen.second question, most important is my settings is all mixed up for some reason after i restarted my pc once after only changing language settings. here's...
  6. can't see new notifications; settings all mixed up; can't remove enus intl keyboard layout

can't see new notifications; settings all mixed up; can't remove enus intl keyboard layout: so three questions here:first, can't open notification center if i click it, also can't see my new notifications on screen.second question, most important is my settings is all mixed up for some reason after i restarted my pc once after only changing language settings. here's...
  7. When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...: When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing the ‘j’ key displays ‘‘jm’' Such an error undermines the functionality of the keyboard. When I use on screen keyboard or virtual keyboard. it's works ..it doesn't pressing extra keys...
  8. When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...

When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...: When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing the ‘j’ key displays ‘‘jm’' Such an error undermines the functionality of the keyboard. When I use on screen keyboard or virtual keyboard. it's works ..it doesn't pressing extra keys...
  9. When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows Mixed Reality virtual keyboard pops up even after disabling touch keyboard services...

Windows Mixed Reality virtual keyboard pops up even after disabling touch keyboard services...: I am using mouse and keyboard in Windows Mixed Reality. When my keyboard gains focus of a text field, the virtual keyboard pops up. I am trying to disable it completely but there is no setting to do so. I have tried searching in registry, checking with on-screen keyboard...