Windows 10: My keyboard is broken/glitching.

Discus and support My keyboard is broken/glitching. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently, while I was making my school project, my Laptop's keyboard was freaking out. If I pressed Backspace it would type something random, Enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OkayNC, Apr 13, 2021.

1. OkayNC Win User

My keyboard is broken/glitching.

So recently, while I was making my school project, my Laptop's keyboard was freaking out. If I pressed Backspace it would type something random, Enter would open a new tab, and any other key would either Enter or just type random letters. I need help as fast as I could get it as I need to finish my project.

:)

OkayNC, Apr 13, 2021

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Apr 13, 2021
  3. External USB Keyboard Glitches & Hibernate Issue

Hi Aman,

Usually, a corrupted power plan can cause strange issues with power and sleep settings. If you are using a custom power plan which you have created, delete it and use one of the built-in standard power plans. See if it resolves the issue. If
    the issue persists, the problem could be related to the display drivers. We suggest installing the latest version of the display drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Regarding the issue with your external keyboard, have you tried to isolate the issue by using a different keyboard? Also, have you tried running the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter? If you haven't done so, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically. You may refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. My keyboard is broken/glitching. - Similar Threads - keyboard broken glitching

2. Keyboard glitch cauSEs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard glitch cauSEs: u//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// driverS REINstalled, reset pc. backspace key runs slashes. the qwerty set looks like this :qwertfyjuiop the a presses tab, etc.randomly fixed itself two months ago but started up again yesterday. Is it a virus?...
  3. My keyboard is broken???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is broken???: Today I went on my computer.. for some reason my keyboard wasn't working... So I reconnected it. My laptop is one of those attachable keyboard and screen with the yellow things in the middle, so I just took the screen out, then put it back in, I could log on on my computer...
  4. My keyboard is broken???

My keyboard is broken???: Today I went on my computer.. for some reason my keyboard wasn't working... So I reconnected it. My laptop is one of those attachable keyboard and screen with the yellow things in the middle, so I just took the screen out, then put it back in, I could log on on my computer...
  5. Windows defender glitched/broken

Windows defender glitched/broken: Dear Windows Forum Community,I am reaching out to seek assistance with a concerning issue I encountered while using Windows Defender on my computer. Upon opening Windows Defender, I was immediately met with an error message that read "Unexpected error, sorry we ran into a...
  6. Windows defender glitched/broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender glitched/broken: Dear Windows Forum Community,I am reaching out to seek assistance with a concerning issue I encountered while using Windows Defender on my computer. Upon opening Windows Defender, I was immediately met with an error message that read "Unexpected error, sorry we ran into a...
  7. Keyboard glitching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard glitching: TOPIC about this question is about keyboardHelloIf you see this, please help methe problem am having with my pc is that every time i type addition letter will be typed. for example when typed ] keyboard it will type to ]\. it also happens to some of my keys. addition the...
  8. Keyboard glitching

Keyboard glitching: TOPIC about this question is about keyboardHelloIf you see this, please help methe problem am having with my pc is that every time i type addition letter will be typed. for example when typed ] keyboard it will type to ]\. it also happens to some of my keys. addition the...
  9. My new keyboard is broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My new keyboard is broken: Sorry for my bad englishSo i got my new keyboard its a gaming keyboard and other keys are hard to press but when i play any game and press the walk or running it stops and i have to repeat it again. Even though i hold the keys it still the same*Update*So i had to hold too...
  10. Keyboard Glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Glitch: Hi there! I’m currently having a problem with the keyboard on my laptop. Whenever I open any sort of browser, the CTRL+F search bar always comes up and every time I try to type into the URL bar, it all of a sudden types into the search bar from CTRL+F and sometimes rapidly...