Windows 10: my keyboard is not working - mouse and arrow work-how do i fix keyboard

Discus and support my keyboard is not working - mouse and arrow work-how do i fix keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my keyboard is not working - mouse and arrow work-how do i fix keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomHauser, Dec 2, 2020.

1. TomHauser Win User

my keyboard is not working - mouse and arrow work-how do i fix keyboard

:)

TomHauser, Dec 2, 2020

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Built in keyboard not working

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL553VD Notebook Computer and a few weeks ago the keyboard stopped working. After a few restarts it worked again, but today the problem came back, and was not fixed by any amount of restarting. Several people on past posts said to reinstall they Keyboard driver, but there was no Keyboard section in the Device Manager. I am currently resetting the laptop to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DanielJH99, Dec 2, 2020
  4. my keyboard is not working - mouse and arrow work-how do i fix keyboard

Mouse/Keyboard work in BIOS, they do not work once computer boots

I have been using computers for over 25 years now, and I have never run across a problem like this. Backstory: I built my current PC about a year ago. Everything worked perfectly until about 5 days ago. At that point, it needed to restart. I restarted it, and upon boot neither the mouse or keyboard would respond. I tried a different mouse and keyboard, they did not work either. I tried both of the mice and keyboards with another PC, and they worked fine. This absolutely rules out the problem being the inputs.Then, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS. However, after exiting BIOS and booting, they stop responding altogether. I have gone into system recovery countless times and tried literally every recovery option listed, to no avail. Any suggestions to help would be GREATLY appreciated. For the past 5 days I have literally had a $3000 paperweight.

JamesKBoyd, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

1. my keyboard is not working - mouse and arrow work-how do i fix keyboard - Similar Threads - keyboard working mouse

2. my left keyboard arrow is not working norrmally

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my left keyboard arrow is not working norrmally: so when i start my laptop it works fine for like 15 minutes and after that it just stops working i already tried removing it and clean it but nothing has changed...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working: After activation in my laptop keyboard and mouse not working windows11 version is 22h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working/9bb6a3de-2736-4d43-8af0-685715c574e9
  4. Keyboard and Mouse do not work in safemode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse do not work in safemode: I told Windows 7 to boot into safe mode. Now the keyboard and mouse are not working. Because the keyboard and mouse are not working, I cannot login to tell Windows to boot normally. Thus I'm stuck in a loop. If I hit the reboot button on the PC and then choose start Windows...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse do not work in safemode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse do not work in safemode: I told Windows 7 to boot into safe mode. Now the keyboard and mouse are not working. Because the keyboard and mouse are not working, I cannot login to tell Windows to boot normally. Thus I'm stuck in a loop. If I hit the reboot button on the PC and then choose start Windows...
  6. Mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and keyboard not working: I have reset my PC and keyboard and mouse is not working so what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-not-working/1e5714be-a98d-48b9-821f-7e41f2e47b4d
  7. Mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard not working: I have reset my PC and keyboard and mouse is not working so what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboard-not-working/1e5714be-a98d-48b9-821f-7e41f2e47b4d
  8. Keyboard and mouse doesn't work. How can i fix this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse doesn't work. How can i fix this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/loltrol12312 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f09k1h/keyboard_and_mouse_doesnt_work_how_can_i_fix_this/
  9. Mouse and keyboard not working

Mouse and keyboard not working: I sent my Envy pc to HP and have the fan replaced, when I got it back my mouse and keyboard did not work. I called HP and they sent me a mouse and keyboard, The mouse and keyboard I have is not the cheap junk that HP sent me. I don't know what to do about getting my mouse and...
  10. My keyboard and mouse is not working what do I do?

My keyboard and mouse is not working what do I do?: What do I do because I need to know ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-keyboard-and-mouse-is-not-working-what-do-i-do/85e44515-f169-472e-a887-c513e6651225