Windows 10: My keyboard is stuck in a different language

Discus and support My keyboard is stuck in a different language in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought my laptop 6 months ago in Vietnam. They changed the operating system to English and everything was fine until a few days ago when Vietnamese... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/knewcraaz, Dec 16, 2020.

1. My keyboard is stuck in a different language

I bought my laptop 6 months ago in Vietnam. They changed the operating system to English and everything was fine until a few days ago when Vietnamese letters started appear when I type certain words. For example, when I type "is," it changes the i to í. Or when I type "or" it changes it to "ỏ." I checked that English is the default language in the keyboard settings and the date and time settings. Is this a communist takeover?

submitted by /u/knewcraaz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/knewcraaz, Dec 16, 2020
  2. tenmen Win User

Can't add different languages keyboard layouts to Win 10 Pro

My keyboard is stuck in a different language [​IMG]

tenmen, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Can I keep the Windows system in English but the keyboard in a different language?

Since it didn't work, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Time & language.
    • Go to the Region & language tab.
    • Click on English (United States).
    • Click on Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard.
    • Choose Icelandic.
    • Click on US.
    • Select Remove.

The steps above will let you add a keyboard for Icelandic.

Once done, kindly check if you can now type using the language that you want.

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Charianne Per, Dec 16, 2020
  4. My keyboard is stuck in a different language

Unable to set keyboard language as default differently from Windows 10 language

Hello,

You can configure your keyboard language by adding it on the default language set on the system. For instructions, follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Open Time & language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Click on the default language, and click Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard, and select the language that you want to add.

We'll wait for the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

My keyboard is stuck in a different language

1. My keyboard is stuck in a different language - Similar Threads - keyboard stuck different

2. Different display language and keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different display language and keyboard layout: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  3. Different display language and keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different display language and keyboard layout: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  4. Different language for Win and keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different language for Win and keyboard layout?: Hi all, I need to set my windows in english, and have my kwyboard in a different language. How can I do this? I don't see a separate setting for system and keyboard. Thanks....
  5. Different language for Win and keyboard layout?

Different language for Win and keyboard layout?: Hi all, I need to set my windows in english, and have my kwyboard in a different language. How can I do this? I don't see a separate setting for system and keyboard. Thanks....
  6. my windows is stuck in a different language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows is stuck in a different language: my windows XP Russian edition won't change to English it came with itwhy do I have windows XP it's my test bench all thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-is-stuck-in-a-different-language/741f9669-6950-4777-bdda-2eccee9bebdd
  7. my windows is stuck in a different language

my windows is stuck in a different language: my windows XP Russian edition won't change to English it came with itwhy do I have windows XP it's my test bench all thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-is-stuck-in-a-different-language/741f9669-6950-4777-bdda-2eccee9bebdd
  8. Latin keyboard/language stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latin keyboard/language stuck: Hello,I have a problem with a language. I had added Latin by mistake, but now it's stuck. I've deleted it from my languages, but it's still there down-right on the bar. Could somebody help me remove it completely?...
  9. Stuck Keyboard languages

Stuck Keyboard languages: Hello! I'm a new user of Win10 and I'm not used to this layout and everything, so here's my problem: When I first started up my notebook all the starting Win10 menu/settings were in czech language and in those settings i set english language. Later I added slovak language...
  10. Different Keyboard and Display Language

Different Keyboard and Display Language: Hello there. I am deperately trying to keep my english display language, but changing the default keyboard layout to german or french. I did everything described in the web, including Time & Language settings, advanced keyboard settings etc. For the solution with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck with language bar windows 10