Windows 10: My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ?

Discus and support My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday, some strange things happened to my keyboard that, whenever I tried to type either / or ? I was keep getting the e or E instead, and it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by {victorvance}, Oct 20, 2019.

1. My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ?

Yesterday, some strange things happened to my keyboard that, whenever I tried to type either / or ? I was keep getting the e or E instead, and it's very annoying.

I've tried to find some tutorials online on how to undo it back, but most of them are for the French "é" or "É" and mine they are just regular "e" or "E", and I don't know if that's a different issue or not? I've tried to do Ctr+Shift, Alt+Shift and all kind of stuffs, and they didn't do anything.

The problem is, on my PC there's only one language pack installed, that's English US. So there's no ways I could switch my keyboard layout to any other languages, since they don't even exist.

After that, I've tried to do all sort of other methods like installing a different language pack or even restoring the system to last week's restore point, but still nothing helped. At this point, I really don't understand what is going on and I'm seeking for helps.

:)

{victorvance}, Oct 20, 2019
  2. Marty2b Win User

keyboard is not typing letters e, i, w

My keyboard is not typing these letters, e, i and w. I've tried both a wireless keyboard and standard keyboard (USB). I'm running Windows 7 Professional. Please help!

Marty2b, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Reserve System E

I checked the recycle bin there is no system reserved E listed. I was on a page that showed me the stuff in my system ( please know that I don't know what words to write ). The menu listed reserved system E. I right clicked on it and got another menu with several options. One of them was to "unallocate" it. Since I had previously seen a solid red line on system reserved E and kept getting pop up messages that system reserved E was full and no more space was available, I decided to "unallocate" it thinking that would free up space. Instead the action , I guess, Uninstalled it.

agoodphoto, Oct 20, 2019
  4. My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ?

Windows Birthday Edition not talking to E-reader

Hi Carmel,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Did you try connecting the E- reader to different USB ports and different computer to check whether its working?
    • Do you hear any sort of sound when you insert the E-reader?
    We suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the
      search option.
    • Click on Hardware troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ?

1. My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ? - Similar Threads - keyboard typing instead

2. winsetupmon e adobe type manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    winsetupmon e adobe type manager: oi,eu estou tentando ativar integridade de memória,mas aparece que tem drivers incompativeis mesmo não tendo,então eu fui no autorun,coloquei em drivers e achei esses dois drivers em amareloalguem pode me falar se é seguro deletar eles?...
  3. winsetupmon e adobe type manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    winsetupmon e adobe type manager: oi,eu estou tentando ativar integridade de memória,mas aparece que tem drivers incompativeis mesmo não tendo,então eu fui no autorun,coloquei em drivers e achei esses dois drivers em amareloalguem pode me falar se é seguro deletar eles?...
  4. What setting do I need to change for typing ' + e to become é instead of 'e?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What setting do I need to change for typing ' + e to become é instead of 'e?: On all computers I ever used, typing '+e would automatically become é. On my new laptop however, this does not happen. I tried researching how to change this, but get to many answers to similar, but not identical questions. So here I am. Can you please help me?...
  5. What setting do I need to change for typing ' + e to become é instead of 'e?

What setting do I need to change for typing ' + e to become é instead of 'e?: On all computers I ever used, typing '+e would automatically become é. On my new laptop however, this does not happen. I tried researching how to change this, but get to many answers to similar, but not identical questions. So here I am. Can you please help me?...
  6. Change of e-mail and chance of Microsoft account to be associated with e-mail instead of phone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change of e-mail and chance of Microsoft account to be associated with e-mail instead of phone.: Hi,I have two problems I need help with:1. I need to change the e-mail address of my Microsoft account. Normally this would be easy, but I seem to already have created a Microsoft account with this e-mail address. I don't remember it and I don't use it. This e-mail address,...
  7. Change of e-mail and chance of Microsoft account to be associated with e-mail instead of phone.

Change of e-mail and chance of Microsoft account to be associated with e-mail instead of phone.: Hi,I have two problems I need help with:1. I need to change the e-mail address of my Microsoft account. Normally this would be easy, but I seem to already have created a Microsoft account with this e-mail address. I don't remember it and I don't use it. This e-mail address,...
  8. Can't type lower case E on laptop Keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't type lower case E on laptop Keyboard.: The lowercase E doesn't work on my regular keyboard. I have to use an external one. I additionally, cannot use 3, capslock, or the numpad's enter without pressing shift or using an external keyboard. Some people with a similar issue noted that they had some gaming software...
  9. my brother will not type my e mails

my brother will not type my e mails: my brother printer will not type my e mails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brother-will-not-type-my-e-mails/be15da1a-d9cf-4c59-82da-774ec6ef1bd2
  10. Keyboard types " instead of @. Why?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard types " instead of @. Why?: Everytime I type @, " appears and vice versa. How do I rectify this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-types-instead-of-why/aa79e885-14f0-4559-9c06-23d6f7628a89