Windows 10: My keyboard isn’t working correctly

Discus and support My keyboard isn’t working correctly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Well I noticed that my function key wasn’t working and I thought that I had num lock on I didn’t then my caps lock and a key also stopped working and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavillePhillips, Oct 9, 2021.

1. My keyboard isn’t working correctly

Well I noticed that my function key wasn’t working and I thought that I had num lock on I didn’t then my caps lock and a key also stopped working and now when I press my a key my laptop shuts off. Does anyone know what’s going on?

:)

DavillePhillips, Oct 9, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 9, 2021
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Oct 9, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

My keyboard isn’t working correctly

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

My keyboard isn’t working correctly

1. My keyboard isn’t working correctly - Similar Threads - keyboard isn’t working

2. the keyboard on my Gateway Laptop is not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the keyboard on my Gateway Laptop is not working correctly.: I have tried the fixes mentioned in other questions similar to mine. When I start up the laptop, then keyboard does not work. I just get beeps when pressing keys. when I use the touch pad to navigate to "I forgot my pin" it loads up the sign in for Microsoft. I close that...
  3. the keyboard on my Gateway Laptop is not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the keyboard on my Gateway Laptop is not working correctly.: I have tried the fixes mentioned in other questions similar to mine. When I start up the laptop, then keyboard does not work. I just get beeps when pressing keys. when I use the touch pad to navigate to "I forgot my pin" it loads up the sign in for Microsoft. I close that...
  4. Keyboard not working correctly

Keyboard not working correctly: Whenever I press W on my keyboard it writes "qw" instead of "w" and whenever I press A it opens up a calculator. If I press D it writes "gd". F writes "ftg" and etc. Does anyone know how to fix this or is the keyboard broken? Btw I'm on a laptop and the laptop's keyboard...
  5. Keyboard not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working correctly: Whenever I press W on my keyboard it writes "qw" instead of "w" and whenever I press A it opens up a calculator. If I press D it writes "gd". F writes "ftg" and etc. Does anyone know how to fix this or is the keyboard broken? Btw I'm on a laptop and the laptop's keyboard...
  6. My keyboard isn’t working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard isn’t working correctly: Well I noticed that my function key wasn’t working and I thought that I had num lock on I didn’t then my caps lock and a key also stopped working and now when I press my a key my laptop shuts off. Does anyone know what’s going on?...
  7. My keyboard isn’t working correctly

My keyboard isn’t working correctly: Well I noticed that my function key wasn’t working and I thought that I had num lock on I didn’t then my caps lock and a key also stopped working and now when I press my a key my laptop shuts off. Does anyone know what’s going on?...
  8. My volume isn’t working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My volume isn’t working: My volume isnt working ive tryed the icons but its not doing anything so i went to settings to look at the volume and its all the way down and it wont let me turn it up from there and the same thing with my mic its not working so i tryed clicking the trubleshoot and it just...
  9. Keyboard isn’t working in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard isn’t working in windows: So i was switching between one game to another and my pc crashed then when i booted it back up my keyboard wasnt working so i looked up stuff and tried all i think i could with what they told me and i went in to the device manager went to properties and it tells me i have a...
  10. The keyboard does not work correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The keyboard does not work correctly.: Hi, Windows 10 was updated and I could not find a solution to configure the keyboard. I already tried with FN + num and the other possible combinations plus add language but nothing helps me....