Windows 10: My Keyboard isn't Working properly

Discus and support My Keyboard isn't Working properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I hold a key down on my keyboard it doesn't repeat quickly, but instead it does about one character per second. This isn't really a problem except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DawsonThe CheddaLee, Aug 3, 2020.

1. My Keyboard isn't Working properly

When I hold a key down on my keyboard it doesn't repeat quickly, but instead it does about one character per second. This isn't really a problem except when I try to press backspace, since when I do press backspace it takes forever to erase a sentence, unless I press it really fast. The closest I've come to fixing this is turning on Filter Keys and then turning on repeat keys at .3 seconds but it still seems relatively slow, if someone could help that would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

:)

DawsonThe CheddaLee, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

My Keyboard Drivers Are Not Working Properly

Then do the tests that have been suggested - post #20 & earlier

Denis

Try3, Aug 3, 2020
  3. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 3, 2020
  4. My Keyboard isn't Working properly

Keyboard not working properly

Hi Yvan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand you are facing difficulties as your keyboard is not working properly. I will assist you with this issue.

First of all, I would suggest you to install all the latest updates released by Microsoft from Windows Updates and check if that helps or not. And to update your drivers, please follow the steps and let us know if it helps fixing the issue or not:

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on
    Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.

• Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate Keyboard and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.

Let us know if this fixes your issue or not, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

My Keyboard isn't Working properly

1. My Keyboard isn't Working properly - Similar Threads - Keyboard isn't Working

2. My keyboard isn't working properly....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard isn't working properly....: Hello, some of the letters on my keyboard are not working, when I want to type the letters q,w,e,r,u,i,o,p, I have to use spacebar at the same time to type the letters. When I press capslock this happens QEWRUIOP------------------------------------------------ ------. And...
  3. My keyboard isn't working properly....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard isn't working properly....: Hello, some of the letters on my keyboard are not working, when I want to type the letters q,w,e,r,u,i,o,p, I have to use spacebar at the same time to type the letters. When I press capslock this happens QEWRUIOP------------------------------------------------ ------. And...
  4. My language keyboard isn't working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My language keyboard isn't working properly.: Normally, I turn on the suggestion/auto-correct. I reset my computer completely a few weeks ago since it was all weird and stuff. It was working at that time, But now when I use my language like Chinese, It'll say it's not ready, or for Portuguese, It just won't give me the...
  5. My language keyboard isn't working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My language keyboard isn't working properly.: Normally, I turn on the suggestion/auto-correct. I reset my computer completely a few weeks ago since it was all weird and stuff. It was working at that time, But now when I use my language like Chinese, It'll say it's not ready, or for Portuguese, It just won't give me the...
  6. My keyboard isn't working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My keyboard isn't working: I was cleaning my keyboard and I think I pressed a combination of keys and now escape up until f2 and down don't work so escape f1,f2,2,w s, x and behind those keys all don't work if I press w it does qw and if I press s it does sa what do I do?...
  7. my keyboard isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my keyboard isn't working properly: if I hold a button down it doesn't run smoothly it just presses it repeatedly but is somehow works when i hold down another button at the same time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-isnt-working-properly/085ad080-4eba-4f20-9ff4-e6b1f40c49fb
  8. My microphone isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone isn't working properly: Hello, a few days ago my microphone started acting strange. I've tried multiple things to fix it, but none seem to work. When I go to settings it looks as if though my microphone is picking up sound all the time. Is there any way I can fix this? I'm currently having distance...
  9. My Keyboard isn't working!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Keyboard isn't working!: Okay, I need some help. For context, I have a preloaded Windows 7 laptop that I switched to Windows 10 installed W10 and now the keyboard isn't working. I did try to refurbish it/clean it and I think the chemicals messed it up. I am trying to use the on-screen keyboard until...
  10. My PC isn't working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC isn't working properly: My PC [Operating System: Windows 10] has been acting weird lately, it gets stuck a lot. A few days ago, it had a startup problem, but I fixed it using startup repair. It worked alright for a while. But two days ago, a new problem showed up. My PC boots, even my desktop shows...