Windows 10: my keyboard keeps shutting off

Discus and support my keyboard keeps shutting off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; alright SO my keyboard keeps turning off mid use. id be doing something important or just start playing a game that i had just waited 30 mintues for it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by connor.m_3223, Mar 2, 2022.

1. my keyboard keeps shutting off

alright SO my keyboard keeps turning off mid use. id be doing something important or just start playing a game that i had just waited 30 mintues for it to load true story and it would just. turn off. i know its a windows problem for 2 reasons1. the power button still works fine. its just EVERY other key that shuts down2. the keyboard still lights up when i press the button3. it works fine after i restart it

:)

connor.m_3223, Mar 2, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 2, 2022
  3. Microsoft wired Keyboard 600 keeps connecting and disconnecting each time I press a button.

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As you have installed the latest drivers for the keyboard and are still facing the issue, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to unplug and plug the keyboard and check if the issue is with the keyboard connection.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 2, 2022
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

my keyboard keeps shutting off

Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

my keyboard keeps shutting off

1. my keyboard keeps shutting off - Similar Threads - keyboard keeps shutting

2. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  3. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  4. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my keyboard keeps shutting off

in Windows 10 Customization
    my keyboard keeps shutting off: alright SO my keyboard keeps turning off mid use. id be doing something important or just start playing a game that i had just waited 30 mintues for it to load true story and it would just. turn off. i know its a windows problem for 2 reasons1. the power button still works...
  6. my keyboard keeps shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard keeps shutting off: alright SO my keyboard keeps turning off mid use. id be doing something important or just start playing a game that i had just waited 30 mintues for it to load true story and it would just. turn off. i know its a windows problem for 2 reasons1. the power button still works...
  7. my keyboard keeps shutting off

8. my keyboard keeps shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. my keyboard keeps shutting off

10. My PC will keep shutting off randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC will keep shutting off randomly: I built my PC during the summer and it just keeps hsutting down randomly. I tried going to event viewer but as soon as I click on it to open, it just restarts. Even when I try to reset it, it restarts again. I have tried doing a clean install with a usb drive. Anyone faced...