Windows 10: my keyboard keys shift cntrl fn alt not working

Discus and support my keyboard keys shift cntrl fn alt not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello ! I have looked for solutions on many different forums but all the suggestions are the same. I have no sticky keys, the keyboard drivers are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mouradaziz, Jun 4, 2020.

1. my keyboard keys shift cntrl fn alt not working

hello !

I have looked for solutions on many different forums but all the suggestions are the same.

I have no sticky keys, the keyboard drivers are up to date and I have configured only one language and region.

I tried everything but I have no idea why it doesn't work. I use the onscreen keyboard because of this.

my pc is hp elitbook 840 G2

thank you

:)

mouradaziz, Jun 4, 2020
  2. AmeliaELA Win User

CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work

So for a while now my CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys have not been working and i have no idea why.

I've looked for solutions on a lot of different forums but all the suggestions are the same.

I don't have sticky keys, the keyboard drivers are up to date and I only have one language and region set up.

I have tried everything but I have no idea why it doesn't work. I've been using the on screen keyboard because of this.

I have an HP Elitebook 6930p.

AmeliaELA, Jun 4, 2020
  3. KatJB Win User
    shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

my keyboard keys shift cntrl fn alt not working

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

my keyboard keys shift cntrl fn alt not working

1. my keyboard keys shift cntrl fn alt not working - Similar Threads - keyboard keys shift

2. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working: My ctrl, alt and fn keys suddenly stop working. I installed all windows updates, i factory reset the pc, i reinstalled the keyboard driver, i ran this commands in command prompt as administrator;REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode...
  3. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working: My ctrl, alt and fn keys suddenly stop working. I installed all windows updates, i factory reset the pc, i reinstalled the keyboard driver, i ran this commands in command prompt as administrator;REG DELETE "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout" /V "ScanCode...
  4. CTRL, FN & ALT Keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CNTRL Keys not working in win11

CNTRL Keys not working in win11: Im on a lenovo laptop, I have had this issue for a long time now. Dont know what causes it, but both of the keys are not working, sometimes the issue resolves itself for sometime, then it comes back. Tried many solutions i found here, none seemed to work. Does anyone know how...
  6. Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard: I'm running Windows 10. Left ALT and left Windows keys are swapped and I can't figure out how to swap them back. I do not have the Fn key on my keyboard. I have a Microsoft brand keyboard. Wired Keyboard 600. I have tried unplugging the keyboard and holding both...
  7. Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left ALT key and windows keys swapped - no FN key on my keyboard: I'm running Windows 10. Left ALT and left Windows keys are swapped and I can't figure out how to swap them back. I do not have the Fn key on my keyboard. I have a Microsoft brand keyboard. Wired Keyboard 600. I have tried unplugging the keyboard and holding both...
  8. Issue related to Cntrl and shift key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue related to Cntrl and shift key: whenever I press shift or ctrl button and when any music or video is being played in the background it pauses. Because of this i cant use any of the shortcuts related to shift and ctrl i have reinstalled windows and even reset my pc still the issue hasnt been fixed. Please...
  9. Issue related to Cntrl and shift key

Issue related to Cntrl and shift key: whenever I press shift or ctrl button and when any music or video is being played in the background it pauses. Because of this i cant use any of the shortcuts related to shift and ctrl i have reinstalled windows and even reset my pc still the issue hasnt been fixed. Please...
  10. CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys don't work: So for a while now my CTRL SHIFT ALT fn esc keys have not been working and i have no idea why. I've looked for solutions on a lot of different forums but all the suggestions are the same. I don't have sticky keys, the keyboard drivers are up to date and I only have one...