Windows 10: My keyboard language keeps switching

Discus and support My keyboard language keeps switching in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am a 3D designer so I use shortcuts that contain ctrl/alt/shift realy often and because of that I am probably unintentionally hitting some shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ToXicShadow, Mar 25, 2020.

1. My keyboard language keeps switching

I am a 3D designer so I use shortcuts that contain ctrl/alt/shift realy often and because of that I am probably unintentionally hitting some shortcut that is switching my language because it changes a lot and that is realy inconvinient. For switching language I usually use windows key + spacebar. How do I deactivate all other shortcuts so I don't accidentally use them anymore?

:)

ToXicShadow, Mar 25, 2020
  2. nadeaujf Win User

Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing

Great! I found it by searching Input method as you suggested (full path is Settings -> Typing -> Advanced keyboard settings).
    - I've set "Override for default input language" to "French (Canada)" instead of "Use language list".
    - "Let me use a different input method for each app" was already unchecked
    - I've disabled the key sequence to switch between input languages in (Language bar options -> Advanced key settings)

I hope it did the trick, I'll mark this as solved if the keyboard does not change back by tomorrow.

Thank you!

nadeaujf, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu

Hi Jugan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The default keyboard shortcut to switch between system language is by pressing the
    Windows and Spacebar keys.

So, if you don't want the language menu to appear while playing the game, then I suggest you to change keyboard shortcut by following the below steps and change the keyboard shortcuts for changing the system language or keyboard language.

1. Go to Settings > Click on Devices > Click on
      Typing from the left pane.
    2. Scroll down and click on Advanced keyboard settings and click on
      Input language hot keys.
    3. In the Advanced Key Settings tab, you will find the key sequences for the input languages that you can change as your preference.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

My keyboard language keeps switching

Norwegian keyboard showing up when switching input language

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand that you see Norwegian keyboard when you switch between the input languages. As you have checked the installed keyboard languages using PowerShell and didn’t find the keyboard language, I suggest you to
    refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if you are able to find the keyboard language:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type lpksetup and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Uninstall display languages.
    4. If you find Norwegian keyboard listed, click on it and click on
      Next.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the language pack.

Let us know how it goes. If the issue persists, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

My keyboard language keeps switching

1. My keyboard language keeps switching - Similar Threads - keyboard language keeps

2. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  3. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  4. Switch Keyboard Languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch Keyboard Languages: Hi all,Had this issue in the past, now again with Windows 11 even when Windows 11 is fresh installed. My old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-languages/64a40c2c-73a6-420e-a0df-33062d2b31ce4 Languages are shown in the Keyboard Languages...
  5. Switch Keyboard Languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Keyboard Languages: Hi all,Had this issue in the past, now again with Windows 11 even when Windows 11 is fresh installed. My old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-languages/64a40c2c-73a6-420e-a0df-33062d2b31ce4 Languages are shown in the Keyboard Languages...
  6. Language keyboard layout switching issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, Since a few weeks, I have some troubles with the language preferences : I'm a french user of a qwerty keyboard because qwerty is the best<3 but obviously, I need to switch to the french layout when I want to type the accented letters. For more than a year I had no...
  7. Keyboard language when switching accounts

Keyboard language when switching accounts: My wife and I share the same Windows 10 laptop however she is French speaking and prefers a French keyboard and I prefer an English keyboard. Whenever we switch accounts, the keyboard language follows. So meaning if I set the keyboard to English in my account and then she...
  8. Keyboard language switching/behaviour

Keyboard language switching/behaviour: Hi, I'm sorry if this was asked before. Tried to find such question but search wasn't very helpful... Can someone tell me please when it is planned to get in Windows 10 keyboard switching experience from Windows 7 and earlier i.e. keyboard language setting per application,...
  9. Switching keyboards/languages

Switching keyboards/languages: I have only one language and two layouts of keyboard defined in Windows 10. But in panel when switching there are 4 possibilities! WHY? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-keyboardslanguages/ab4a9a40-1fc3-4580-b082-29ffc83b3b44
  10. Keyboard switching languages

Keyboard switching languages: Sometimes, when I type in English my keyboard turns in the German mode but the indicator shows that it is English. It is really a problem, because keyboard layout is different. I have Surface pro 4 with Windows 10....