Windows 10: My Keyboard Light Doesnt Turn on Even when Hard Reboot + unplug Battery.

Discus and support My Keyboard Light Doesnt Turn on Even when Hard Reboot + unplug Battery. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, This problem occurs usally when I hibernate. the only solution that seemed to work with me is to do incorrect shut down i.e. unplug without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by User_456, Dec 31, 2019.

1. User_456 Win User

My Keyboard Light Doesnt Turn on Even when Hard Reboot + unplug Battery.

Hello,

This problem occurs usally when I hibernate.

the only solution that seemed to work with me is to do incorrect shut down i.e. unplug without shut down + no battery

is there any better way to properly do it? Thanks

:)

User_456, Dec 31, 2019
  2. remolanot Win User

Keyboard lights

1. Did you mean the keyboard backlight or indicator lights (i.e. Num Lock)?
    2. If your problem is about indicator lights, are you using a external keyboard?

--KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT--

Consult your laptop's manual downloaded from the internet. You might want to install some drivers in order to use the backlight.

--INDICATOR LIGHT--

1. LAPTOP KEYBOARD
      • If indicator light, try pressing the Caps Lock key and see if the caps lock light turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num lock.
      • Some laptops may show the "Caps Lock ON" in your laptop screen.
    2. EXTERNAL KEYBOARD (EITHER USB OR BLUETOOTH)
      • When you use the external keyboard, locate the "Caps Lock" key indicator light. Try pressing the "Caps Lock" and make sure if it is turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num Lock.

If these are not working, try installing or updating the drivers. You'll need to restart after installing.

remolanot, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Keyboard backlight won't turn on

Yes I did that, no light! And I also did a hard reboot (removed battery etc) and now I have my light back on. I see now there is also a timer listed now which wasn't listed before. Thank for the Fn Z tip I didn't know about that.

Thank you.

patjoannie, Dec 31, 2019
  4. My Keyboard Light Doesnt Turn on Even when Hard Reboot + unplug Battery.

Question: Windows 10 October 2018 version 1809 Update installation appears to be in a reboot loop and does not progress

If your computer is in a reboot loop, there might be several factors at play. First, disconnect any non-essential peripherals you might have attached to the system that are powered on. For example: printers, joysticks, gaming controllers, scanners, external
    hard disks. Only keep your keyboard and mouse attached to see if it then progresses.

If that does not work…

Check to ensure there is disk activity (look at the hard disk LED light to confirm. If there is, keep waiting. If setup goes beyond 2 to 3 hours, try the following steps.

• Power down the computer. Unplug it, then wait 10 mins.
    • If you are using a laptop, remove the battery if the option is available.
    • Disconnect it from the Internet (unplug Ethernet and/or turn off Wi-Fi).
    • Plug it again, ensure it remains disconnected from the Internet then start computer.
    • See if it completes setup.
    • If setup completes and you see the desktop with the ability to click Start and launch programs, proceed to reconnect to the Internet.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

My Keyboard Light Doesnt Turn on Even when Hard Reboot + unplug Battery.

1. My Keyboard Light Doesnt Turn on Even when Hard Reboot + unplug Battery. - Similar Threads - Keyboard Light Doesnt

2. My laptop only turns on when charging and turns off immediately when unplugged even though...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop only turns on when charging and turns off immediately when unplugged even though...: Been working well for ages only just done this for the first time I couldn't turn it on even though it had been charging for ages so I plugged it in and it worked so I logged on and unplugged it and it instantly shut down....
  3. My laptop only turns on when charging and turns off immediately when unplugged even though...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop only turns on when charging and turns off immediately when unplugged even though...: Been working well for ages only just done this for the first time I couldn't turn it on even though it had been charging for ages so I plugged it in and it worked so I logged on and unplugged it and it instantly shut down....
  4. My monitor doesnt turn on when I reboot into Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My monitor doesnt turn on when I reboot into Safe Mode: I'm trying to install a new graphics card into my PC, but before I even do anything, I'd like to reboot my PC in safe mode to uninstall the driver for the old graphics card. I've tried rebooting to safe mode two different ways, but both methods results in my monitor not...
  5. My monitor doesnt turn on when I reboot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor doesnt turn on when I reboot into Safe Mode: I'm trying to install a new graphics card into my PC, but before I even do anything, I'd like to reboot my PC in safe mode to uninstall the driver for the old graphics card. I've tried rebooting to safe mode two different ways, but both methods results in my monitor not...
  6. My monitor doesnt turn on when I reboot into Safe Mode

7. Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged: Windows 11 task bar icons shows 100% charge. I did confirm this by generating battery report, it too showed 100% charge.But when I unplug the charge the laptop dies.The battery was replaced 1 and 1/2 months back. Before that I had a dead battery, I was using laptop plugged....
  8. Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged

Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged: Windows 11 task bar icons shows 100% charge. I did confirm this by generating battery report, it too showed 100% charge.But when I unplug the charge the laptop dies.The battery was replaced 1 and 1/2 months back. Before that I had a dead battery, I was using laptop plugged....
  9. Ctrl key stuck on even when keyboard unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl key stuck on even when keyboard unplugged: Hi there, I’m stumped. Two weeks ago, my computerstarting behaving odd: -my mouse wheel was zooming apps in and out -when working on text documents the last thing I had copiedwould suddenly paste infinitely -none of my letters worked to type -when I started to look on the...
  10. Lights And Hard Reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lights And Hard Reboot: After Hard-rebooting my case lights flash white... is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lights-and-hard-reboot/46b0032f-5c5b-447a-be5a-63c835ea6c2a