Windows 10: My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts

Discus and support My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have a very frustrating issue that I need resolved. My keyboard locks every. single. time. my computer shuts down, restarts, and sleeps. By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarisaD1, Mar 28, 2019.

1. MarisaD1 Win User

My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts

Hello. I have a very frustrating issue that I need resolved. My keyboard locks every. single. time. my computer shuts down, restarts, and sleeps. By this I mean the keyboard clearly works, it lights up and the enter & esc keys work... but all the other keys are locked.This happens with EVERY keyboard I have tried. I cannot log into my computer without use of the keyboard...

What I have been doing is borrowing someone else's keyboard on the log in screen, then I hit ctrl+alt+del. This, for some reason, unlocks the keyboard. But only that ONE keyboard! It is a logitech gaming keyboard, the exact same model as the one I use, but for some reason that one can be unlocked at the log in screen.

Once I am able to enter my PIN and log in, I plug in my own keyboard again. Then, I hit Ctrl+alt+del again, then hit cancel. Now my keyboard works. This is no way to use a computer! I think I am starting to annoy the person who I am borrowing the keyboard from.

I think I know what 1 issue is... my left ctrl key is stuck. As i am typing this it is highlighting words and typing over what I have already typed. However, that does not explain why every keyboard that I plug in gets locked up.

Please help. I can provide additional details where needed.

P.S. holding down right shift for 8 secs is not the solution.

:)

MarisaD1, Mar 28, 2019

2. Keyboard settings change every time I restart my computer

Hi G,

It's really odd that the keyboard settings on your computer keeps on changing every time you restart your computer since Windows Updates should enhance the performance of your computer. However, Let's see if these steps will resolve your concern:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Choose Language.
    • Look for Advance settings at the left pane.
    • Under Switching input methods, tick the box for "Let me set a different input method for each app window".
    • Once done, click Save and restart your computer.

Note: Make sure that you set up the language to your preferred keyboard settings before following the steps given above.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 28, 2019
  4. My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts

little cat, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts

1. My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts - Similar Threads - Keyboard Locks Every

2. after restarting the computer, every time it bans account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after restarting the computer, every time it bans account: after restarting the computer, every time it bans the account every day for 3 months. I don’t commit anything that violates the terms of the agreement, but I just watch YouTube and play minecraft....
  3. after restarting the computer, every time it bans account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    after restarting the computer, every time it bans account: after restarting the computer, every time it bans the account every day for 3 months. I don’t commit anything that violates the terms of the agreement, but I just watch YouTube and play minecraft....
  4. I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.: Hi, I just got one problem here.In short: I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.In Long: I click on Start Menu, and then click on the Account icon, the "Lock" option is available. I click it. It did lock my computer. But...
  5. I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.

I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.: Hi, I just got one problem here.In short: I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.In Long: I click on Start Menu, and then click on the Account icon, the "Lock" option is available. I click it. It did lock my computer. But...
  6. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  7. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  8. every time I restart my computer there is a file created

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    every time I restart my computer there is a file created: I try to delete those files but when I restart it again, it appears again, It created an Extention in every browser on my computer, is this a virus?the extension looks like this...
  9. keyboard and language keeps reverting to English UK every time I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard and language keeps reverting to English UK every time I restart my computer: How do I make the latest update of Windows 10 retain the keyboard and language options? Every time I restart my computer it reverts to English UK even though I have changed all the defaults for my system to English US....
  10. My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.: My computer had already been acting slower than usual and there were occasional freezes, but other than that it was totally fine. One day, I had pressed update and shut down on my computer as I was about to go to bed. When I woke up, my computer had lost all its file...