Windows 10: my keyboard randomly stops working unless i restart my computer

Discus and support my keyboard randomly stops working unless i restart my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have had this problem a few times now I go to sleep and leave my computer on when I wake up and go to it I usually wake it by pressing the spacebar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by turtleblue1, Aug 20, 2020.

1. my keyboard randomly stops working unless i restart my computer

i have had this problem a few times now I go to sleep and leave my computer on when I wake up and go to it I usually wake it by pressing the spacebar or some random letter but recently on several occasions when I try to wake it like that it doesn't wake so I jiggle the mouse and press left button and it wakes up but I can't use the keyboard I can use the mouse and left-click and drag up to get to the login page where I am supposed to enter my pin and I can't use my keyboard so I use the on-screen keyboard using my mouse and I can log in but my keyboard still won't work so I tell my computer to restart and it is fixed in can use my keyboard again till the problem happens again never happens while I'm using my computer only when I have left it for some hours and it falls asleep I have tried unplugging and plugging back in the keyboard doesn't fix it unplugged both mouse and keyboard and back in mouse still works but not keyboard the keyboard still has power because the rgbs still work fine if more info is needed just post what and I will try to give an answer this problem only started in like the last month or so after a win 10 update I think any help would be really appreciated

:)

turtleblue1, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Built in keyboard not working

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL553VD Notebook Computer and a few weeks ago the keyboard stopped working. After a few restarts it worked again, but today the problem came back, and was not fixed by any amount of restarting. Several people on past posts said to reinstall they Keyboard driver, but there was no Keyboard section in the Device Manager. I am currently resetting the laptop to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tenforo, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Magmaw Win User
    Keyboard randomly stopped working

My built in laptop keyboard stopped working after the computer randomly turned off by itself.

(Laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad).

I have tried:

Uninstalling drivers and scanning for hardware changes to reinstall them.

Entering safe mode (computer wouldn’t even start in safe mode).

Entering the BIOS to see if there were any changes I could make there (there weren’t).

Now I am getting Code 19 and Code 12 errors for the keyboard in Device Manager.

I’ve tried all troubleshooting steps on many websites, and nothing works.

External keyboards work when I plug them in.

Please help!!

Magmaw, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Geschi Win User

my keyboard randomly stops working unless i restart my computer

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems will never resolve themselves on their own, but as soon as I reset the computer everything works again - to me, that sounded like a driver crash, but nope! I checked the driver menu and it told me everything was running just fine. What's even more strange is that I have the backlight keyboard enabled so that when I type, it lights up. And strangely, the keys still light up when I press them, so I know it's registering my typing SOME how.

You would also think that this would be a software problem since it fixes immediately upon reset, but I've noticed that this issue seems to crop up a lot right after I have moved my computer... I'm lost and I've scoured the internet for clues, but no one else seems to have this problem. Please help!

In order to possibly do testing on what is causing this (via suggestions hopefully, I've tried everything I can think of) I am purposely not resetting my computer (thankfully this is a touch screen, but this on-screen keyboard typing is obnoxious). Currently, both keyboard and touchpad don't work, but a usb mouse I use does (the computer is also set so that using the usb mouse does not disable the touchpad).

Geschi, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

my keyboard randomly stops working unless i restart my computer

1. my keyboard randomly stops working unless i restart my computer - Similar Threads - keyboard randomly stops

2. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  3. Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly stops working until I restart my Laptop: Hi! so I saw a guide about this earlier but it was for Windows 10 I believe and couldn't really follow the instructions because I think there are now new and different things so I just wanted to ask about thisA bit more info I have the ASUS TUF A15 and this issue has happened...
  4. My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.: Running the troubleshooter says no issues were found, and if I try to give feedback, it says "An error occurred while troubleshooting. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue." Checking to update drivers says they're up to date....
  5. My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.

My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.: Running the troubleshooter says no issues were found, and if I try to give feedback, it says "An error occurred while troubleshooting. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue." Checking to update drivers says they're up to date....
  6. My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. keyboard stops working everytime i reboot my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard stops working everytime i reboot my computer: My steelseries keyboard stops working everytime i reboot my computer. It will instantly work if i manually plug it in and out of the USB port and work for that session....
  8. keyboard stops working everytime i reboot my computer

keyboard stops working everytime i reboot my computer: My steelseries keyboard stops working everytime i reboot my computer. It will instantly work if i manually plug it in and out of the USB port and work for that session....
  9. Parts of my Keyboard stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Parts of my Keyboard stops working randomly: Hi all,Parts of my keyboard stop working randomly and I have no idea what is causing it. Only the letters and numbers stop working. Esc, Num Lock keys are working fine.All USB drivers are up to date and the Keyboard does not turn off to save power....
  10. My laptop keyboard randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keyboard randomly stopped working: There were some glitches while I was using PowerPoint. A message telling me to use "Ctrl + T" kept popping up and the error sound with no error message. I restarted my computer a couple times. Things were back to normal. I left to go get something. When I returned the...