Windows 10: My keyboard starts typing random letters when I open large PDFs - random letters are in...

Discus and support My keyboard starts typing random letters when I open large PDFs - random letters are in... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; running windows 10 on a Dell Precision laptopWhen I have larger PDF docs open my keyboard appears to start typing random letters. After several times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gina Richard, May 6, 2021.

1. My keyboard starts typing random letters when I open large PDFs - random letters are in...

running windows 10 on a Dell Precision laptopWhen I have larger PDF docs open my keyboard appears to start typing random letters. After several times of this happening and rebooting to clear the issue, I've come to realize this only happens when I have a pdf documents open and only when it's a multipage document, If I close the PDF, my keyboard returns to typing normally. This issue happens to both my laptop and my Bluetooth keyboard at the same time, which makes me think it's a windows issue. Also what appears to be random letters isn't so random. It appears random when I

:)

Gina Richard, May 6, 2021

2. Keyboard typing random letters

I am running Windows 10 build 18945 and random applications (most of them) are getting typed in random letters. I have found many things saying check your input language but i only have one that is English (US).

And the random letter a key will type is not always the same. I can hold down 'a' for instance and it'll type a series of numbers and letters. So it is not consistent

Example, copy and pasted holding down 'a'

One of the only applications that correctly recognizes the input is Firefox

Pretty sure it isn't a hardware issue, because it is not in all applications.

This is an integrated keyboard in the Lenovo ThinkPad T430s

It also seems to be intermittent

EDIT If i remember right, this started around disabling credential and device guard (I can't use any emulator/virtualization with them on because the virtualization is then exclsuively used by Hyper-V, and i needed to run Intel HAXM)

linuxandria, May 6, 2021
  3. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original
    English settings and nothing has changed. The odd thing is that it works on some programs and not others.

It works on:

Chrome, File Explorer, Internet Passwords, Steam, Spotify, iTunes

Doesn't work on:

Microsoft Settings, Cortana, Microsoft Store, OneNote, Sticky Notes, Calendar, Audible, Mail

The trend is that it doesn't work on most Microsoft Applications but it does on the other Apps

JonathanMerry, May 6, 2021
  4. My keyboard starts typing random letters when I open large PDFs - random letters are in...

Random letter gets stuck and continuously types in all applications

At random times when I am typing in whatever application or document I am in it suddenly gets stuck and continuously very rapidly types the same letter. I can't stop it and even if I switch to something else it just carries on typing wherever it can (including
    in the Windows search box) The only way to stop it is to shut down and restart the PC. I thought it was a faulty keyboard and so bought a new keyboard but the same thing is happening with the brand new keyboard. It is not the same letter each time so is not
    a sticking key. I have run a full virus check and nothing showing. I am on a Lenovo desktop, using a logitech wireless keyboard, Windows 10. Can anyone help?

YvonneB_160, May 6, 2021
Thema:

My keyboard starts typing random letters when I open large PDFs - random letters are in...

1. My keyboard starts typing random letters when I open large PDFs - random letters are in... - Similar Threads - keyboard starts typing

2. My KEYBOaRd KeePs RANDOmLy TYpInG IN CAPITaL LETters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My KEYBOaRd KeePs RANDOmLy TYpInG IN CAPITaL LETters.: SHIFT KEY ISSUeTRIEd rEStARTIng cOmPuTeR aND UNINStALLING COMpUtER KEyboaRD DRIVER, AND tHAT DIDN"T WORKCURRENTLY USING A WIreLESS KeYBOArD. KEYBoARD THaT caME wiTh THE COmpUTER IS The ONe CaUsING tHE PrOBleMs, As I uNPLUggEd THE wIRElesS AND TYpeD on ThE ORigINaL keybOaRd...
  3. My KEYBOaRd KeePs RANDOmLy TYpInG IN CAPITaL LETters.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My KEYBOaRd KeePs RANDOmLy TYpInG IN CAPITaL LETters.: SHIFT KEY ISSUeTRIEd rEStARTIng cOmPuTeR aND UNINStALLING COMpUtER KEyboaRD DRIVER, AND tHAT DIDN"T WORKCURRENTLY USING A WIreLESS KeYBOArD. KEYBoARD THaT caME wiTh THE COmpUTER IS The ONe CaUsING tHE PrOBleMs, As I uNPLUggEd THE wIRElesS AND TYpeD on ThE ORigINaL keybOaRd...
  4. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  5. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  6. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard typing random letters and numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing random letters and numbers: Accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it types random letters and numbers whenever you press certain keys.Also on my lock screen so I can’t get to device manager from my keyboard Because I can’t type in my password. Please help...
  8. Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters.: I've been having this issue where I'd type in a letter on the keyboard and it'd start typing randomly and with that the mouse pad doesn't work. I do not believe this is an issue with the hardware, it was working just fine and Windows doesn't detect any issues at all with the...
  9. My Surface keyboard started typing random letters when I input one key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Surface keyboard started typing random letters when I input one key: Since this morning, my surface keyboard is not working right. For example, when I type the letter a, what appears is apb When I type the number 1, what appears is x1 When I type the number 3, what appears is v3 When I type the letter p, what appears is pb When I type...
  10. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing Random Letters: Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original English settings and...