Windows 10: my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

Discus and support my keyboard suddenly stopped working. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marge Tanner, Feb 24, 2024.

1. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works

:)

Marge Tanner, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Mark Isi Win User

keyboard stopped working after bootup in windows 10

Hi Thomas,

There may be a number of reasons why a keyboard would suddenly stop functioning properly. Kindly provide answers to the information listed below, so we could further assess on this issue:

• Are you getting any error messages that could pertain to your keyboard?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Are there any noticeable physical damages on the keyboard?
    • Is the keyboard connected to the PC wired or wireless?
    • Does this issue happen intermittently, or all the time?
    Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Feb 24, 2024
  3. DeepalM Win User
    Windows 10 Keyboard and mouse suddenly stopped working.

Windows 10 - Keyboard and mouse all of sudden stopped working.

The same keyboard and mouse works on 2 other laptops.

What I have tried so far to fix.

• Tried a different wireless keyboard and mouse. - no luck.
    • Ran the Troubleshooter - Hardware and Devices - It 'applied a fix' and rebooted. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the drivers under HID from device manager. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the USB drivers. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled the root hub. - still no luck.
    • Tried System Restore to the previous date before the last windows update today. - still no luck

Only strange thing is after rebooting the same drivers that I deleted shows up on device manager

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Enterprise - 1709 build 16299.248

DeepalM, Feb 24, 2024
  4. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

1. my keyboard suddenly stopped working. - Similar Threads - keyboard suddenly stopped

2. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  3. My keyboard is not working suddenly

My keyboard is not working suddenly: I have gone to the device manager settings, tried to update the drive but nothing happened. Please tell me what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-working-suddenly/6eaeac4e-9a2b-4c5b-8bc8-b4c6b034eb6e
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working

3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working: Hello everyone So i just encountered this problem I have a dell inspiron 3542 laptop the J,H,K letters stopped responding Last thing i remember is i had a blue screen when using SCP TOOLKIT to identify usb controllers. The odd thing is when i press the J and K...
  8. Keyboard on touchscreen laptop suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard on touchscreen laptop suddenly stopped working: How to get regular keyboard back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-on-touchscreen-laptop-suddenly-stopped/81d0b6d8-1d9a-4899-96ed-1adc2f024547
  9. touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working: the touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working a few seconds after the computer starts. i did a system restore and it worked well for a few hours before it stopped working again. im not sure if this is because of the windows 10 updates. i mean, do i need to perform system...
  10. Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS

Keyboard suddenly stopped working, even in BIOS: Hi everyone Today my keyboard stopped working, there was a usb error message pop up but i didn't realise what it was about, then then my k70 corsair keyboard stopped working, i tried restarting and doing an sfc scan but nothing changed, then i started looking into device...