Windows 10: my keyboard typing wrong characters after updated KB5004945 update

Discus and support my keyboard typing wrong characters after updated KB5004945 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am struggling while typing this. after I updated KB5004945 my laptop keyboard typing wrong chars. for inst. I push capslock it shows E or e. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by me_adar, Jul 9, 2021.

1. me_adar Win User

my keyboard typing wrong characters after updated KB5004945 update

Hi, I am struggling while typing this. after I updated KB5004945 my laptop keyboard typing wrong chars. for inst. I push capslock it shows E or e. I am completly don't know what is going on but I need to fix this immediately. please help.

:)

me_adar, Jul 9, 2021

2. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jul 9, 2021
  3. keyboard types wrong characters

keyboard types wrong characters

TusharKhobragade1, Jul 9, 2021
  4. HannahXYZ Win User

Keyboard types wrong characters

I just installed win10 on my Alienware17.

When I using the default laptop keyboard, most of the keys doesn't work. Some of the keys type wrong characters. For example, when I type C it comes out Z.

My default trackpad doesn't work as well.

However...

When I connect a USB keyboard and mouse to my laptop, everything goes on well.

So what I can do to fix that? I tried the method on "change language in control panel" and I updated all my drivers to most recent version.

HannahXYZ, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

1. my keyboard typing wrong characters after updated KB5004945 update - Similar Threads - keyboard typing wrong

2. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: Hello, to the people who can help.My laptop keyboard typing keeps going wrong after I cleaned it with spray.The characters that were incorrect"a" as "da""c" as "cz" or "zc""d" as "ad""e" as "qe"space as ",""k" as "/k", "k/" and enter"q" as "eq""z" as "cz" or "zc"enter as "k/"...
  3. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: Hello, to the people who can help.My laptop keyboard typing keeps going wrong after I cleaned it with spray.The characters that were incorrect"a" as "da""c" as "cz" or "zc""d" as "ad""e" as "qe"space as ",""k" as "/k", "k/" and enter"q" as "eq""z" as "cz" or "zc"enter as "k/"...
  4. My computer's keyboard keys are typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer's keyboard keys are typing wrong characters: Several keys on my laptop are functioning incorrectly, and it's not a hardware related issue. -Backspace key is replacing the previous character with asterisks instead of deleting them -Spacebar is acting as the down key and moves the text after it down a margin while putting...
  5. My computer's keyboard keys are typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer's keyboard keys are typing wrong characters: Several keys on my laptop are functioning incorrectly, and it's not a hardware related issue. -Backspace key is replacing the previous character with asterisks instead of deleting them -Spacebar is acting as the down key and moves the text after it down a margin while putting...
  6. My computer's keyboard keys are typing wrong characters

7. keyboard types wrong characters in windows 11

keyboard types wrong characters in windows 11: My keyboard types wrong characters and the wrong symbols in windows 11I have checked the input language and all other settings which are all correctI have tried Troubleshooting Hardware not listed used keyboard no problems foundAlso un-installing and Installing Keyboard...
  8. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: My keyboard is typing wrong characters, when I press altgr+Q for bring the @ symbol it always shows @ plus another ramdom character. How I can fix this?...
  9. keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard typing wrong characters: My keyboard enters " when I type @ I choose UK English for the keyboard, and now can't find a way to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-wrong-characters/420ea5db-768d-4f4e-aef2-a2e992376ba2
  10. Keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing wrong characters: Win 10- up to date -Asus desktop-recently began typing the wrong letters when I am trying to find a file in my documents, pictures etc..this has been asked before but the reply from 2016 doesn't apply to my Settings topics..why is this suddenly happening ? This is the only...