Windows 10: My Keyboard Won't Let Me Type a Letter Until I Type Several Times, and Then it Works

Discus and support My Keyboard Won't Let Me Type a Letter Until I Type Several Times, and Then it Works in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open a new tab, for example, and I click on the search bar, and I start typing, letters won't show up until I tap my keyboard multiple times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by troddcheeseburger, Mar 18, 2023.

1. My Keyboard Won't Let Me Type a Letter Until I Type Several Times, and Then it Works

When I open a new tab, for example, and I click on the search bar, and I start typing, letters won't show up until I tap my keyboard multiple times. For example, if I went to Google "college basketball scores" and typed it how I normally would, it would probably say "lege basketball scores," like it doesn't even register I'm typing until I get to the fourth character. Or, I could hit the "C" button two or three times, then the c would appear as desired, and I'd be able to type out the entire phrase.This also happens with things like documents. It's even happened multiple times with typing this

:)

troddcheeseburger, Mar 18, 2023

2. Keyboard stopped typing letters

Hi,

Tap each Ctrl, Alt and Shift key briskly a few times. If that doesn't resolve the issue, restart the computer.

Don

Don Varnau, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Keyboard not typing letters

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I would suggest you to try the Onscreen keyboard and check if it helps.

Please have a look at this article and check if it helps. Even though the article is for Windows 8.1, the option to enable the onscreen keyboard is the same.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

After you are able to log in, I would suggest you to change the log in option or you may follow the steps provided by Neha Gupta to update the drivers and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, Mar 18, 2023
  4. BobNU Win User

My Keyboard Won't Let Me Type a Letter Until I Type Several Times, and Then it Works

Keyboard not typing letters

My PC keyboard will only type numerals. No letter keys are working. Since my password is all letters I cannot sign in.

I have been running Windows 10 since its release.

<Original Title: Keyboard>

BobNU, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

My Keyboard Won't Let Me Type a Letter Until I Type Several Times, and Then it Works

1. My Keyboard Won't Let Me Type a Letter Until I Type Several Times, and Then it Works - Similar Threads - Keyboard Won't Let

2. My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it...: ive tried to install drivers ive tried to disable keyboard in device manager ive tried everything online an it just wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-inbuilt-and-external-keyboard-both-wont-let-me/dd81c86c-f0cc-45b2-bcc6-8c160a5e7ff7
  3. My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it...

in Cortana
    My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it...: ive tried to install drivers ive tried to disable keyboard in device manager ive tried everything online an it just wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-inbuilt-and-external-keyboard-both-wont-let-me/dd81c86c-f0cc-45b2-bcc6-8c160a5e7ff7
  4. My inbuilt and external keyboard both wont let me type the letter d but im able to type it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My Keyboard Won't Let Me Type a Letter Until I Type Several Times, and Then it Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Keyboard Won't Let Me Type a Letter Until I Type Several Times, and Then it Works: When I open a new tab, for example, and I click on the search bar, and I start typing, letters won't show up until I tap my keyboard multiple times. For example, if I went to Google "college basketball scores" and typed it how I normally would, it would probably say "lege...
  6. My Keyboard Won't Let Me Type a Letter Until I Type Several Times, and Then it Works

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Keyboard Won't Let Me Type a Letter Until I Type Several Times, and Then it Works: When I open a new tab, for example, and I click on the search bar, and I start typing, letters won't show up until I tap my keyboard multiple times. For example, if I went to Google "college basketball scores" and typed it how I normally would, it would probably say "lege...
  7. I spilled water on my laptop and there's certain letters that won't let me type anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I spilled water on my laptop and there's certain letters that won't let me type anymore.: I accidently spilled water on my laptop a week ago and there's a few letters that's won't let me press. I already tried to restart my computer and let my laptop dry but it still won't work. I can only use those words for touch screen. I have the samsung notebook 7 spin....
  8. Keyboard works but won't type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard works but won't type: Hey! So my laptop keyboard stopped working so I rebooted and now I'm locked out lol. I already have an extra keyboard plugged in via bluetooth. The thing is, the ctrl+alt keys work on both the laptop and the extra keyboard, but I can't actually type! Probably activated some...
  9. Chinese Keyboard Won't Type Certain Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese Keyboard Won't Type Certain Letters: The Chinese Keyboard in language settings won't let me type certain letters such as X, I, U, V so I'm not able to type out certain words such as "xia"...
  10. Keyboard not letting me type consecutive letters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not letting me type consecutive letters: My keyboard was fine a few hours ago, however now whenever I try to type, it won't register 2 consecutive letters together. For example if I tried to type "Google", only "Gogle" would show up. Also after each letter I type, I hear this ticking noise coming from the computer....