Windows 10: My keyboard won't type in the start box

Discus and support My keyboard won't type in the start box in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My keyboard wont type in the start box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by danamullaney, Jan 21, 2020.

1. My keyboard won't type in the start box

My keyboard wont type in the start box

:)

danamullaney, Jan 21, 2020

2. Can't type in Cortana search box

Hi Brendon,

Is you keyboard working normally on other apps such as Notepad? If not, run the built in troubleshooter for your keyboard. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and run the Keyboard troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you refer to the link below for actions that you can perform to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana:

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Jan 21, 2020
  3. keyboard does not work in search, can't type in windows search box.

If you already used your keyboard on different devices and the same issue happened, then basically, the main issue here is the keyboard itself. There's a possibility that the keyboard is defective or it has a bad driver.

We suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps:

Step 1: File Signature Verification Tool.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.l
    • Type sigverif.exe and press enter.
    • Check if you see a list of unsigned drivers.

Step 2: Scan for hardware changes.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand computer and highlight the extension.
    • There will be an icon to scan for hardware changes right below
      help.

Step 3: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

• Press the Windows + X, and click on Search.
    • Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 4: Update keyboard driver.

• Click the Start button and enter Windows Update.
    • In the left pane, click on Check for Updates.
    • On the Select the updates you want to install page, select the drivers you want to install.

Once done, check if the same issue persists and try using different keyboard on the same PC you used. If everything works fine using a different keyboard, it means that the first keyboard is defective.

If you need further help, please send us more information so we can assist you better.

Acelyn Alc, Jan 21, 2020
  4. My keyboard won't type in the start box

Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

My keyboard won't type in the start box

1. My keyboard won't type in the start box - Similar Threads - keyboard won't type

2. Laptop Keyboard Won't Type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Won't Type: Hello! I use a Dell Inspiron 13, which I got a little over a year ago. I was using it today to type up an email, and had to move, so I simply closed my laptop and headed out. When I opened it again and tried to use the keyboard on the laptop, it did not type anything. I went...
  3. Laptop Keyboard Won't Type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Won't Type: Hello! I use a Dell Inspiron 13, which I got a little over a year ago. I was using it today to type up an email, and had to move, so I simply closed my laptop and headed out. When I opened it again and tried to use the keyboard on the laptop, it did not type anything. I went...
  4. Keyboard won't stop typing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't stop typing.: I've deleted drivers, once done hard and soft resets. 3 trouble shooters, two support chats, 2 hours of research. I can not get my laptop to stop typing without input! If I touch e u or r all the come up, if I touch n,nb comes up, if I do nothing, it'll spam n for minutes on...
  5. Keyboard won't stop typing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard won't stop typing.: I've deleted drivers, once done hard and soft resets. 3 trouble shooters, two support chats, 2 hours of research. I can not get my laptop to stop typing without input! If I touch e u or r all the come up, if I touch n,nb comes up, if I do nothing, it'll spam n for minutes on...
  6. Keyboard won't stop typing.

7. Keyboard works but won't type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard works but won't type: Hey! So my laptop keyboard stopped working so I rebooted and now I'm locked out lol. I already have an extra keyboard plugged in via bluetooth. The thing is, the ctrl+alt keys work on both the laptop and the extra keyboard, but I can't actually type! Probably activated some...
  8. Keyboard works but won't type

Keyboard works but won't type: Hey! So my laptop keyboard stopped working so I rebooted and now I'm locked out lol. I already have an extra keyboard plugged in via bluetooth. The thing is, the ctrl+alt keys work on both the laptop and the extra keyboard, but I can't actually type! Probably activated some...
  9. Keyboard works but won't type

10. Keyboard won't type but turns on

Keyboard won't type but turns on: My keyboard suddenly stopped working. I have tried to fix it myself numerous times and nothing has fixed it. Something I noticed is that the "kbdhid" service won't start, and it gives out this error: Device HID\VID_046D&PID_C332&MI_01&Col01\7&28c6210e&0&0000 had a problem...