Windows 10: My Keyboard Wont Type

Discus and support My Keyboard Wont Type in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Today just a few minutes ago my keyboard was working fine but after a restart the keyboard stopped working, I thought that the keyboard had to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThunderSplash, Apr 16, 2020.

1. My Keyboard Wont Type

Hi,

Today just a few minutes ago my keyboard was working fine but after a restart the keyboard stopped working, I thought that the keyboard had to be replaced but all the shortcut keys are working perfectly fine, but I cant just type I cant even use the windows search tool and edge search, so to search for solution I turned on the on-screen keyboard but when I tried to type on it it wont type so when I opened a text document in notepad and tried to type it worked absolutely fine even my physical keyboard works fine in notepad, I tried restarting but that didnt do anything, I even tried uninstalling the keyboard driver and installing it both automatically and manually but that didnt help either.

:)

ThunderSplash, Apr 16, 2020

2. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, May 23, 2020
  3. How do I change the default keyboard from handwriting to typing on Windows 10

Hi Paul,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you enabled the tablet mode settings on Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn off on screen keyboard

• Open Start menu, type Settings in search bar and click on Settings.
    • Click on Ease of access and select keyboard.
    • Turn off the on screen keyboard.

Step 2: Turn off tablet mode

I suggest you to turn off tablet mode, as it may also be the cause for the issue.

• Open Start menu, type tablet mode settings in search bar and click on it.
    • Turn off the tablet mode option and check if it helps.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 23, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

My Keyboard Wont Type

Issue with typing using keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with typing using keyboard.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which web browser are you using?
    • Are you facing this issue on all the web browsers?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Damaged hardware.

2. Missing Windows Updates.

3. Corrupt keyboard driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists or not.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all available Windows Updates and devices drivers from the computer manufacturer website.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest keyboard driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 23, 2020
Thema:

My Keyboard Wont Type

1. My Keyboard Wont Type - Similar Threads - Keyboard Wont Type

2. Why wont my keyboard type properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my keyboard type properly?: i cant include any imageSometimes it works perfectly and others its glitchy, slow and very hard to type. Ive already tried restarting it, updating it and still very confused. The keys are clean and my laptop isn't that old. Ive been having to use the touch screen keyboard....
  3. Why wont my keyboard type properly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont my keyboard type properly?: i cant include any imageSometimes it works perfectly and others its glitchy, slow and very hard to type. Ive already tried restarting it, updating it and still very confused. The keys are clean and my laptop isn't that old. Ive been having to use the touch screen keyboard....
  4. On screen keyboard/normal keyboard wont type r PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On screen keyboard/normal keyboard wont type r PLEASE HELP: My R key suddenly stopped working when i press it nothing happens but when i use capital r it works and earlier it was opening a radeon software that is when it started and now its very annoying to use the r key i tried using the on screen key board but that also does not...
  5. On screen keyboard/normal keyboard wont type r PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On screen keyboard/normal keyboard wont type r PLEASE HELP: My R key suddenly stopped working when i press it nothing happens but when i use capital r it works and earlier it was opening a radeon software that is when it started and now its very annoying to use the r key i tried using the on screen key board but that also does not...
  6. Spilled water on my keyboard and now every keyboard I own wont type

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spilled water on my keyboard and now every keyboard I own wont type: I couldn't even enter my own pin,, I had to press 'forgot pin' and re type it. My keyboard works, all of them do, it's only when typing in my pin or when I'm actually in windows does it not, like legit nothing, no letters no numbers, . Not even on screen keyboard works. It's...
  7. keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar: my keyboard works perfectly in everything that isnt windows related the drivers are up to date too please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-wont-type-in-windows-10-search-bar/3ba10b5b-b647-4707-9904-8cc0af7767de
  8. Windows 10 Japanese Keyboard Wont Type.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Japanese Keyboard Wont Type.: I've added a Japanese keyboard to my Windows 10 Laptop OS is up to date. Ill activate it by pressing WIN+Spacebar, and it will switch. I'll go to type using it, but it inputs in English, underlined, then when I press Enter, it stays in the English format. Does anyone know...
  9. Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Usually, numbers keys are present on two spots on a keyboard. One is at the number pad and the other of above the letters. You might face an issue where your laptop keyboard won’t type numbers. This could be with [...] This post Keyboard wont type numbers OR...
  10. have to use on screen keyboard because keyboard wont type my PW

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    have to use on screen keyboard because keyboard wont type my PW: at startup...I try to sign in with my pass word but nothing comes up. I have to use the on screen keyboard to sign in...and then I can sign in fine....but once online....if I try to type in to search...nothing will come up again....I can click on things but I cannot type...