Windows 10: My keyboard writes different characters

Discus and support My keyboard writes different characters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! good day everoyne I have a laptop to which i cleaned the keyboard, since it had a lot of dust accumulated and stuck. After that, i turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VaneBarboza, Aug 12, 2019.

1. My keyboard writes different characters

Hello!

good day everoyne

I have a laptop to which i cleaned the keyboard, since it had a lot of dust accumulated and stuck.

After that, i turned on the computer and te OS did not enter, which was resolved with a startup repair.

After repair, i start the computer, however the keyboard does not work.

now, when i writing, other characters are written. For Example, if the "A" key is pressed, the characters around which it is pressed appear (Caps Lock is activated, the letter"q", the letter "z" and the "1" key).

i need help!.

thanks!

:)

VaneBarboza, Aug 12, 2019

2. Character Map

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Does this issue occur on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, or any other browser?
    3. Once the text disappears, are you able to undo that by press the 'Ctrl' key and the 'Z' key from your keyboard?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Check if your Windows is Up-to-date.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Method 2: Use a different browser

Use a different browser to access Gmail and see if you are facing the same issue.

Method 3: Adding the characters manually from Character Map.

Step 1: Click on the
    Start Menu and search for Character Map and hit
    Enter.

Step 2: Once the
    Character Map launches, look for the character that you want to add >
    Select that character and click on Copy.

Step 3: Go to the email that
    you want to add the character and paste the character by pressing the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘V’ key from your keyboard and see if the characters are disappearing.

​Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 12, 2019
  3. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 12, 2019
  4. My keyboard writes different characters

double characters

Hi Jay, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check if your keyboard is faulty. Connect the keyboard to a different USB port (if it is a USB keyboard) or a different computer.

If your keyboard is not a culprit, perform the steps below to disable Num Lock:

- Go to the Start menu to find On-Screen Keyboard, open the On-Screen Keyboard and check if characters are doubled when typing

- If the characters are doubled when typing, type a character to check if the Fn + Num Lock keys are highlighted while typing

- If yes, press Fn + Num Lock keys together on the keyboard to disable the active Num Lock and check if it helps.

If Num Lock key is active, it results in characters being typed twice.

Max Newman, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

My keyboard writes different characters

1. My keyboard writes different characters - Similar Threads - keyboard writes different

2. my keyboard is typing different characters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is typing different characters.: I have a Fantech K611gaming keyboard. And every time I try to type, some of the letters/numbers type weird things. For example: 2 is x2, 4 doesn't even show, backspace is t, but it deletes it instantly, E works, but T doesn't. 1 is z1 3 is c3 5 is v5. I've tried everything...
  3. my keyboard is typing different characters.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard is typing different characters.: I have a Fantech K611gaming keyboard. And every time I try to type, some of the letters/numbers type weird things. For example: 2 is x2, 4 doesn't even show, backspace is t, but it deletes it instantly, E works, but T doesn't. 1 is z1 3 is c3 5 is v5. I've tried everything...
  4. my keyboard is typing different characters.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard characters: why is my surface laptop keyboard suddenly typing incorrect keys eg. @ is typing " visa versa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-characters/0649b96f-33d7-40a7-bfc7-9c6c564b6b2b
  6. Keyboard writes double characters after update of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard writes double characters after update of windows 10: After windows 10 update my Keyboard writes double characters on my Medion E3222 notebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-writes-double-characters-after-update-of/4cef90db-0a59-47df-8196-6ee08dd5dc6c
  7. How to Setup a Keyboard Key for a Different Special Character

How to Setup a Keyboard Key for a Different Special Character: Hello, I have tried to find the answer without much luck. Or perhaps I'm not understanding the information I am finding. I'd really like to set up a key on my keyboard to be able to enter the symbol for pi. I end up copying and pasting it A LOT because of my online...
  8. My pc is writing those two characters with no keyboard connected, even uninstalled keyboard...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc is writing those two characters with no keyboard connected, even uninstalled keyboard...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DrOgoxd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2ckv0/my_pc_is_writing_those_two_characters_with_no/
  9. Windows 10: Keyboard typing different characters

Windows 10: Keyboard typing different characters: Currently using a wired keyboard to type this, as my laptop's built-in keyboard is having some bloody issues trying to type. Some of the keys I type aren't what I want at all. For example, I type 'k' and it types out 'ykl', for 'p' its 'jpu-', for'l' its 'kl['.] Doesn't...
  10. Windows 10 keyboard either not writing at all or writing wrong characters - CANNOT GET PAST...

Windows 10 keyboard either not writing at all or writing wrong characters - CANNOT GET PAST...: I have 64 bit Minix Neo Z83-4 Pro with Windows 10. I am using an external keyboard. My keyboard will either type the wrong letters / numbers or not type at all. I cannot login to change any setting as I can't write my password / pin correctly, or now write the...