Windows 10: My keys are typing the wrong keys

Discus and support My keys are typing the wrong keys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I went to get on my school computer EliteBook and found that, somehow over the weekend while it was shut and turned off all weekend, my keys have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rubix63940, Feb 6, 2023.

1. My keys are typing the wrong keys

I went to get on my school computer EliteBook and found that, somehow over the weekend while it was shut and turned off all weekend, my keys have switched. M is caps lock, 1 is U, 2 is A, 3 is L, etc. It's like this for all the keys except N. I found a similar post, and the help person said to click the windows key and x, but the "HP Software Framework is not installed or not running" I don't know how to fix this, and I can't type commands because the letters are scrambled. Please help

:)

Rubix63940, Feb 6, 2023

2. at sign in my keyboard keys are typing the wrong letters

Hi Darrell,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We would require some more information to assist you better:

• Are you facing issues while typing the password?
    • Have you clicked on the eye next to password field and checked?
    • As you've mentioned that keyboard keys are typing the wrong letters at sign in screen, kindly let us know how are you able to sign in to desktop? Have you used any external keyboard?
    You may try installing the keyboard drivers in compatibility mode and check for the issue status. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and reply with the information and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Feb 6, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to revoke GTA IV key

It's a very long key on the booklet, so you are saying thats the issue?

P4-630, Feb 6, 2023
  4. My keys are typing the wrong keys

SSD key type?

Well, that makes it even more confusing, the bottom image showing the drives and listing the protocols they use seems to show the right hand most drive as a M-keyed PCIe x4, which is the same config as my drive, however you can clearly see from my picture the small connector (which should be the 5 pin) only has 3 pins. Also when compared to the image of connector layouts it should be B-keyed.
    The drive I have installed is definitely working at PCIe x4 speeds, CrystalDiskMark confirms that so does copying a large file across (50Gb file) copies at approx. 2Gb's.
    Also HWInfo64 tells me the PCIe version is 3.0, maximum link width is x4, current link width is x4.
    It is very confusing to me as to why HWInfo64 reports the port as "mechanical key B" but all other evidence would suggest it is M-key.
    That's the reason for the question, it seems the information is very contradictory.

Pejole2165, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

My keys are typing the wrong keys

1. My keys are typing the wrong keys - Similar Threads - keys are typing

2. Keys are typing the wrong characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys are typing the wrong characters: Ive been having an issue in which when I press keys that have two symbols that require shift to type, such as the AT symbol or the brackets, it types a completely different character. For example, pressing shift and 2 produces ", pressing shift and 0 produces = instead of the...
  3. Keys are typing the wrong characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keys are typing the wrong characters: Ive been having an issue in which when I press keys that have two symbols that require shift to type, such as the AT symbol or the brackets, it types a completely different character. For example, pressing shift and 2 produces ", pressing shift and 0 produces = instead of the...
  4. My keys are typing the wrong keys

My keys are typing the wrong keys: I went to get on my school computer EliteBook and found that, somehow over the weekend while it was shut and turned off all weekend, my keys have switched. M is caps lock, 1 is U, 2 is A, 3 is L, etc. It's like this for all the keys except N. I found a similar post, and the...
  5. My keys are typing the wrong keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keys are typing the wrong keys: I went to get on my school computer EliteBook and found that, somehow over the weekend while it was shut and turned off all weekend, my keys have switched. M is caps lock, 1 is U, 2 is A, 3 is L, etc. It's like this for all the keys except N. I found a similar post, and the...
  6. My registry key seems to be wrong type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My registry key seems to be wrong type: Hello,I'm trying to fix some bug that is my old games always minimize when choose full screen option.There is a solution is to change the value of registry key "ForegroundLockTimeout".I realize that in all the tutorials I watch the type of that key are always "REG_DWORD". I...
  7. My registry key seems to be wrong type

My registry key seems to be wrong type: Hello,I'm trying to fix some bug that is my old games always minimize when choose full screen option.There is a solution is to change the value of registry key "ForegroundLockTimeout".I realize that in all the tutorials I watch the type of that key are always "REG_DWORD". I...
  8. why my keyboard is typing wrong keys

why my keyboard is typing wrong keys: Hi , I hope I can get good solution .I have tried the updating driver issue for keyboard but my problem is still there. The following keys are not working.yh , m , n , x, y 6 , Backspace , / , Enter backspace is doing minimize work :/This issue is encountered from yesterday I...
  9. My keyboard types the wrong keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My keyboard types the wrong keys: It all started when I replaced my laptop battery. After that, I realized that some of my keys like the b, s, or spacebar key didn't work. I used a keyboard tester after that, and it turns out those keys got rebinded. My s key turned into F12, my spacebar turned into the pause...
  10. Keyboard typing wrong keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing wrong keys: When i type the numbers 2 3 4 5 it shows up as 6 7 8 9, and when i type the numbers 6 7 8 9 it shows as 2 3 4 5. How to fix ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-typing-wrong-keys/0fdf1785-918a-4570-8181-686cf43c3830