Windows 10: my keys dont work the way should

Discus and support my keys dont work the way should in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my @ key & several others don't work as they should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Microsoft.comOffice3, May 25, 2020.

1. my keys dont work the way should

my @ key & several others don't work as they should

:)

Microsoft.comOffice3, May 25, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 25, 2020
  4. my keys dont work the way should

Got windows 10 now some keys dont work on laptop

Hi Allyson,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make model of the Laptop?

• Have you tried using an external keyboard?

As an initial step, I suggest you to boot into Safe mode and check if the issue persist.

Follow the bellow steps:

• When the computer is booting, press and hold the Shift key, and tap the F8 key repeatedly until the Recovery screen appears.

• Click the See advanced repair options option on the Recovery screen.

• On the "Choose an option" screen, click the
      Troubleshoot
      option.

• On the "Troubleshoot" screen, click the Advanced options option.

• On the "Advanced options" screen, click the
      Windows Startup Settings
      option.

• On the "Windows Start Settings" screen, click the
      Restart
      option

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 25, 2020
Thema:

my keys dont work the way should

1. my keys dont work the way should - Similar Threads - keys dont should

2. USB ports dont work as they should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports dont work as they should: Hello,A few hours ago my pc froze and i needed to restart it via power button now every device that was connected while i did that stopped working on this pc. I tried them on other devices and they worked perfectly fine, also new devices that i connect to this pc work fine...
  3. USB ports dont work as they should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports dont work as they should: Hello,A few hours ago my pc froze and i needed to restart it via power button now every device that was connected while i did that stopped working on this pc. I tried them on other devices and they worked perfectly fine, also new devices that i connect to this pc work fine...
  4. USB ports dont work as they should

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my fn keys dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my fn keys dont work: when i press fn+f1 it opens google help, fn+f2 nothing happens fn+f3 it opens the searcherfn+esc dont work. how do i make it so my volume goes up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-fn-keys-dont-work/04b296da-a29b-4b54-b2ee-0dcbcd319321
  6. my fn keys dont work

my fn keys dont work: when i press fn+f1 it opens google help, fn+f2 nothing happens fn+f3 it opens the searcherfn+esc dont work. how do i make it so my volume goes up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-fn-keys-dont-work/04b296da-a29b-4b54-b2ee-0dcbcd319321
  7. my fn keys dont work

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My bitlocker recovery key dont work

My bitlocker recovery key dont work: The bitlocker recovery key dont work, I put in the code, it goes back to system restart, then the butlocker key comes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-recovery-key-dont-work/09fd7d88-7c68-46d1-82b5-a29c0b8f1e98
  9. some keys on my keyboard dont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    some keys on my keyboard dont work: some keys on my keyboard dont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-on-my-keyboard-dont-work/487e67ae-5226-4f19-b329-bbca140fd809
  10. PC not working the way it should

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC not working the way it should: Okay so I recently bought Forza Horizon 4 3 days ago off the Microsoft store and I couldn't download it since I had gotten an error code 0x80070005. I was looking online for answers and I can't remember what I wa doing but they told me to access my local files in AppData. I...