Windows 10: My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key

Discus and support My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every once in a while it acts like I'm holding down the windows key and so when I'm playing games and use W to move forward it tabs out and the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StrudleboyXPD8, Mar 18, 2019.

1. My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key

Every once in a while it acts like I'm holding down the windows key and so when I'm playing games and use W to move forward it tabs out and the only way I have been able to fix this is by fully shutting down and rebooting. I cannot recreate it so I can't call support. It doesn't happen with specific programs I have had it happen when running steam games and also while just using chrome. I have turned sticky keys on and off and my windows key does not stick. I have swapped keyboards with 3 different brands (logitech, razr, and some other one) while the problem was occurring and it did not fix it. It does fix when I restart my computer but that doesn't help when I am in the middle of a game. I also made sure all of my drivers are updated. And it happens randomly sometimes it will happen 4 times in a day sometimes it won't happen for months. I cannot find a way to fix this using the basic tech stuff I know and I do not want to delete everything on my computer to re-install windows. I have updated windows multiple times through this process and an update has not randomly fixed it.

:)

StrudleboyXPD8, Mar 18, 2019

2. Keyboard acts like i'm holding down CTRL key

My pc about a week ago started acting like I was holding down my CTRL key. I went and bought another keyboard, it didn't work, I also tried to reseting my computer, it didn't work, I also tried an anti virus, it didn't work, I tried contacting Microsoft
    and they didn't help me.

Also sometimes my pc types 'cv' randomly

Please HELP

Restarting the computer works but for 30 minutes or so only

AlexisDelgado1, Mar 18, 2019
  3. shift key acting like it's stuck, ctrl and num keys don't work

Hi janieneh,

There's a possibility that the keyboard issue that you're experiencing may be due to having an outdated driver or could be a software conflict. However, there's also a chance that sticky keys may have been enabled on your laptop. Before we try to troubleshoot
    the software side, please try the following workarounds and see if one on the list addresses the problem:

• Turning off Sticky Keys.
      • If this feature is turned on, then have it turned off. Just navigate to
        Settings > Ease of access > Keyboard > Sticky Keys
        , then toggle it
        Off
    • Holding down both Shift keys.
      • Press and hold down both Shift keys at the same time for 4 to 5 seconds.
    • Perform full shutdown
      • To perform a full shutdown, click the Windows key > Power Icon > Shutdown. Once computer is off, press the power button to boot it up.
    Please let me know if the issue persists after performing the steps above by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 18, 2019
  4. My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key

My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.

Ok, so just yesterday my computer started acting like I was holding the down the down arrow key. I naturally thought this was just a faulty keyboard problem, so I unplugged my keyboard, and it still did it. I tried turning off sticky keys, it was already
    off. I don't know if I need to reset my computer or something. If you could tell me that would be great.

Derpy_Man_in_a_Can, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key

1. My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key - Similar Threads - keys randomly act

2. Keyboard acting as a am holding keys until I press again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard acting as a am holding keys until I press again: It's not my keyboard being dirty but it doesn't recognize that I let go the key go and never will until I press it again I think I happens more often when my computer is under stress I think but I might be wrong and I recently found out I can cause it to happen on demand by...
  3. Keyboard acting as a am holding keys until I press again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard acting as a am holding keys until I press again: It's not my keyboard being dirty but it doesn't recognize that I let go the key go and never will until I press it again I think I happens more often when my computer is under stress I think but I might be wrong and I recently found out I can cause it to happen on demand by...
  4. Control key acts like windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control key acts like windows key: Whenever I press the control key on my keyboard, it acts like the windows key. This makes me unable to do any shortcuts like copy/paste/new-tab/etc.I've tried 3 different keyboards and they all have the same issue which makes me believe that it is a software issue on my...
  5. Control key acts like windows key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control key acts like windows key: Whenever I press the control key on my keyboard, it acts like the windows key. This makes me unable to do any shortcuts like copy/paste/new-tab/etc.I've tried 3 different keyboards and they all have the same issue which makes me believe that it is a software issue on my...
  6. w key acting like windows key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    w key acting like windows key: I have a Laptop Keyboard and now whenever i press the w key it brings up the windows start menu when i use the on screen keyboard and when i hit "w" it shows me that im pressing the windows key how can i fix this? please reach out, i need to fix this by tonight submitted by...
  7. w key acting like windows key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    w key acting like windows key: I have a Laptop Keyboard and now whenever i press the w key it brings up the windows start menu when i use the on screen keyboard and when i hit "w" it shows me that im pressing the windows key how can i fix this? please reach out, i need to fix this by tonight...
  8. Windows acting like I’m holding keys.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows acting like I’m holding keys.: First, when I’m trying to login, I will type my password and about every three keys my pc acts like I’m holding that key down, even though I’m not and I cannot get into my pc. It also just doesn’t recognize some keys. When I’m in my pc, yesterday when I was able to access it,...
  9. Windows acts like Windows Key is held down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows acts like Windows Key is held down: As the topic says. My Win 10 sometimes thinks that the Windows Key is pressed permanently and starts to open APPS and Functions when i press the key that is bound to it, like s for search function. Tried many things in the last couple of days. Disconnecting and then...
  10. My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.: Ok, so just yesterday my computer started acting like I was holding the down the down arrow key. I naturally thought this was just a faulty keyboard problem, so I unplugged my keyboard, and it still did it. I tried turning sticky keys, it was already off. I don't no if I need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. like im holding down windows key

2. Windows act S if I was holding windows key