Windows 10: My keys stopped working

Discus and support My keys stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was eating and a minimal amount of oil got on the keyboard.i cleaned it up and it was working for a few minutes until it started acting up.it began... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OlaoluwaOyeleke, Nov 2, 2022.

1. My keys stopped working

I was eating and a minimal amount of oil got on the keyboard.i cleaned it up and it was working for a few minutes until it started acting up.it began to type wrong characters,but strangely,all the keys work on a different user like number 1 is typing number 8,and the onscreen keyboard also was acting up a bit,but it stopped. Please i need help

:)

OlaoluwaOyeleke, Nov 2, 2022

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Nov 2, 2022
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    random keyboard keys stop working?

i went out today and everything was fine, i come home and three random keys stopped working, maybe more i havent noticed yet. the three key on the left side of the keyboard not working, the left shift stopped working, and the enter key stopped working, but the one on the numpad works fine. no one was home to use it, nothing spilled on it, i tried it on another computer and same deal. im gonna go buy a new one tomorrow but it makes me sad cause i loved this keyboard lol, microsoft ergonomic 4000. ill probably buy the same exact one if its in stock tomorrow, this one lasted or 4 years about. im just confused why three random keys spread out stopped working at the same time...seems very weird

OrbitzXT, Nov 2, 2022
  4. Mohan B P Win User

My keys stopped working

Email, contacts, store etc... stops to work

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands in the given order and press Enter
      key after each command.

1. net stop wuauserv

2. rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old

3. net start wuauserv

• Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

After performing the above steps, I suggest you to try installing all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 2, 2022
Thema:

My keys stopped working

1. My keys stopped working - Similar Threads - keys stopped working

2. My "F" key stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My "F" key stops working.: I've been having an issue with my laptop and I am unsure if it is a Windows error or what. My "F" key stops working after a few seconds of restarting my laptop. It is definitely not a physical problem as I can't get that key to work on neither the laptop keyboard, a separate...
  3. My "F" key stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My "F" key stops working.: I've been having an issue with my laptop and I am unsure if it is a Windows error or what. My "F" key stops working after a few seconds of restarting my laptop. It is definitely not a physical problem as I can't get that key to work on neither the laptop keyboard, a separate...
  4. My keys stopped working

My keys stopped working: I was eating and a minimal amount of oil got on the keyboard.i cleaned it up and it was working for a few minutes until it started acting up.it began to type wrong characters,but strangely,all the keys work on a different user like number 1 is typing number 8,and the onscreen...
  5. My keys stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keys stopped working: I was eating and a minimal amount of oil got on the keyboard.i cleaned it up and it was working for a few minutes until it started acting up.it began to type wrong characters,but strangely,all the keys work on a different user like number 1 is typing number 8,and the onscreen...
  6. My Shift key suddenly stop working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Shift key suddenly stop working.: I updated to Windows 11 a day before yesterday and I noticed that my shift key is not working for some specific keys like I can't press 'T' by holding left shift key also I cannot use some number row keys i.e; '%', '^', '_', '+'. All the settings like sticky keys and key...
  7. My Shift key suddenly stop working.

My Shift key suddenly stop working.: I updated to Windows 11 a day before yesterday and I noticed that my shift key is not working for some specific keys like I can't press 'T' by holding left shift key also I cannot use some number row keys i.e; '%', '^', '_', '+'. All the settings like sticky keys and key...
  8. Some of my keys randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some of my keys randomly stop working: I'm just typing normally when my A key suddenly doesn't react to being pressed, likewise when I try to press Alt + Tab or Ctrl + Shift + Tab. This has happened for a while now. It happens for around 2 - 10 minutes. More recently today, I've noticed more and more keys not...
  9. Some keys on my keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys on my keyboard stopped working: A few keys C, N, alt, space, backspace, etc. stopped working and at first i thought it might just be a broken keyboard so i bought a new one but the problem happened again. I managed to fix it for a day by updating my pc but then a day later the problem starts happening...
  10. My function keys stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My function keys stopped working: After the windows update on Saturday June 20, my keyboards function keys stopped working/ got rebound. I have the Razer Hunstman te. submitted by /u/chuk552 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdb2iv/my_function_keys_stopped_working/