Windows 10: My keystokes are not the same as the keyboard, ie, my " button is actually @ and my @ is...

Discus and support My keystokes are not the same as the keyboard, ie, my " button is actually @ and my @ is... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am on Windows 10 and installed Windows on my HP laptop. Being in Australia I used the UK keyboard because that's what relates more to Australian... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KazSimpso4, Jan 27, 2019.

1. My keystokes are not the same as the keyboard, ie, my " button is actually @ and my @ is...

Hi, I am on Windows 10 and installed Windows on my HP laptop. Being in Australia I used the UK keyboard because that's what relates more to Australian language. So now my symbols appear to be all over the place, ie, what I think I'm typing is not the same, eg, when I try and put in an email address with a @domain address, I actually have to use the " key instead of the @ key. I know I can change the keyboard to US instead of UK but this seems like a whole lot of **** that I shouldn't have to do each and every time I want to use the symbols on my keyboard. Which one needs changing, Microsoft Windows 10 or the HP laptop?

Anyway around this?

:)

KazSimpso4, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Jorge Tan Win User

Keyboard Not working in Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to update your keyboard driver. To update your keyboard driver, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Keyboards and then double-click it.
    • Click on the Keyboard tab and choose Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Jan 27, 2019
  3. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 27, 2019
  4. My keystokes are not the same as the keyboard, ie, my " button is actually @ and my @ is...

Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

My keystokes are not the same as the keyboard, ie, my " button is actually @ and my @ is...

1. My keystokes are not the same as the keyboard, ie, my " button is actually @ and my @ is... - Similar Threads - keystokes are same

2. The USB for my keyboard and my mouse is the same one; my keyboard is connected to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The USB for my keyboard and my mouse is the same one; my keyboard is connected to my...: The USB for my keyboard and my mouse is the same one; my keyboard is connected to my computer but the mouse is not recognized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-usb-for-my-keyboard-and-my-mouse-is-the-same/00b5800f-9c35-4308-a31d-348b48d1669b
  3. The USB for my keyboard and my mouse is the same one; my keyboard is connected to my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The USB for my keyboard and my mouse is the same one; my keyboard is connected to my...: The USB for my keyboard and my mouse is the same one; my keyboard is connected to my computer but the mouse is not recognized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-usb-for-my-keyboard-and-my-mouse-is-the-same/00b5800f-9c35-4308-a31d-348b48d1669b
  4. My keyboard button ~two~ is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard button ~two~ is not working.: I m trying to type two but is not working.the thing that i don t understand is that i can type @ with the help of the button shift. does anyone know how to resolve this problem because it s very annoying....
  5. My keyboard button ~two~ is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard button ~two~ is not working.: I m trying to type two but is not working.the thing that i don t understand is that i can type @ with the help of the button shift. does anyone know how to resolve this problem because it s very annoying....
  6. my keyboard keeps spamming - button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard keeps spamming - button: And when I check keyboard tester it shows that the button - is spamming in the num pad but my laptop doesn’t actually have num pad and I don’t use external keyboard with num pad...
  7. Window button on my keyboard not working

Window button on my keyboard not working: Hello, recently I was playing a game and I was trying to take a screenshot using windows + s, but it would not do anything. The windows button no longer works on my keyboard, and on my old one it did the same so I bought the one I have now but it has now started to not work....
  8. Window button on my keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window button on my keyboard not working: Hello, recently I was playing a game and I was trying to take a screenshot using windows + s, but it would not do anything. The windows button no longer works on my keyboard, and on my old one it did the same so I bought the one I have now but it has now started to not work....
  9. my shift button in keyboard not working

my shift button in keyboard not working: Hello, shift button in my keyboard is not working.Please try to fix my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shift-button-in-keyboard-not-working/2ee82820-4f16-4146-8f1e-6a871b3e9220
  10. My keyboards and buttons not workıng properly,

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboards and buttons not workıng properly,: Hello, my brand new Mıcrosoft keyboard ıs not workıng correctly, sometımes some keys not workıng but sometımes they do, I also notıced my ps/2 keyboard suddenly stopped workıng as well I cannot type certaın keys on my keyboard, I rebooted my computer dozens tımes dıd not...