Windows 10: My Kraken V3 X Headset microphone is not working with my device on Windows 11

Discus and support My Kraken V3 X Headset microphone is not working with my device on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried restarting my computer, updating the drivers, checking my privacy settings, looking at device manager, turning my personal computer off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tyrin Weidert, Feb 21, 2024.

1. My Kraken V3 X Headset microphone is not working with my device on Windows 11

I have tried restarting my computer, updating the drivers, checking my privacy settings, looking at device manager, turning my personal computer off, checking the connection, checking if its muted, but still nothing has changed. My headphones work perfectly fine but the microphone wont give any audio. My computer shows that there is a microphone connected to my computer but for some reason it still wont work. I have also noticed when I go, Settings>Sound>Microphone Razer Kraken V3 X>Input settings and try to turn the Input volume up the volume

:)

Tyrin Weidert, Feb 21, 2024

2. Windows 11 not detecting headset microphone

I have tried absolutely everything at this point. Updating drivers, checking privacy settings, what have you. My Razer Kraken X headset's microphone is not even being recognized as an input device by my Windows 11 PC. Audio still comes through, it's specifically the microphone. The headset still works fine on other devices, just not this.

This machine is rather new, and I have never gotten the microphone to work on it.

Abigail_R_M, Feb 21, 2024
  3. HI5-O Win User
    Headset Microphone Not Working on Windows via Xbox Elite Controller

I have my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller plugged into my PC running Windows 11 via USB. I use a Razer Kraken X Lite headset plugged into that controller via the 3.5mm TRRS audio jack. I am able to hear audio but cannot get the microphone to work. Windows shows both the "Headphones (Xbox Controller)" and "Headset Microphone (Xbox Controller)" under the Audio inputs, as well as the "Xbox One Controller" under the Xbox Peripherals section of the Device Manager. All drivers were automatically installed and show as correct.

I have tried:

• Resetting my computer
    • Deleting the devices in Device Manager and reconnecting
    • Making sure Windows and the Xbox controller is up-to-date
    • Testing the headset, which works when plugged into the controller on my Xbox console
    • Plugging in the headset to a splitter directly to the computer, which works but is VERY soft and unusable (even at full audio strength)
    Hoping someone has some idea what I can try besides the things I've already found listed above. Thanks in advance for your help!

HI5-O, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Aceman.au Win User

My Kraken V3 X Headset microphone is not working with my device on Windows 11

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

My Kraken V3 X Headset microphone is not working with my device on Windows 11

1. My Kraken V3 X Headset microphone is not working with my device on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Kraken Headset microphone

2. Headset microphone not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone not working in Windows 11: Hi,My Razer Blackshark V2 Pro with Razer usb sound card doesn't work on my new PC. I have tried it on my old Win10 PC and it worked just fine. The mic is selected in settings and I get a signal from it and the test states it works. However if I want to use any app like...
  3. Headset microphone not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset microphone not working in Windows 11: Hi,My Razer Blackshark V2 Pro with Razer usb sound card doesn't work on my new PC. I have tried it on my old Win10 PC and it worked just fine. The mic is selected in settings and I get a signal from it and the test states it works. However if I want to use any app like...
  4. My Kraken V3 X Headset microphone is not working with my device on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Kraken V3 X Headset microphone is not working with my device on Windows 11: I have tried restarting my computer, updating the drivers, checking my privacy settings, looking at device manager, turning my personal computer off, checking the connection, checking if its muted, but still nothing has changed. My headphones work perfectly fine but the...
  5. My microphone for my headset isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone for my headset isn't working.: So my headphones are Rig 400 gaming headset. The microphone and the headset work perfectly on other devices, but not on my pc HP AMD Ryzen 5000. I have had this issue before and fixed it by rolling back some driver, but now the same solution isn't working. The issue came up...
  6. My microphone for my headset isn't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone for my headset isn't working.: So my headphones are Rig 400 gaming headset. The microphone and the headset work perfectly on other devices, but not on my pc HP AMD Ryzen 5000. I have had this issue before and fixed it by rolling back some driver, but now the same solution isn't working. The issue came up...
  7. How to fix Razer Kraken headset working with only either microphone or headset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix Razer Kraken headset working with only either microphone or headset?: How to fix Razer Kraken headset working with only either microphone or headset?Hello. I have bought a Razer Kraken Tournament Edition gaming headset about a year ago. Recently yesterday, my microphone suddenly stopped working. It was weird because earlier that day everything...
  8. My microphone of headset not detectingNor working.

My microphone of headset not detectingNor working.: Hello, everyone!! I bought a new gaming headset for my Laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. I did hear the sound but I couldn't record anything. Later on, I checked the sound settings and found out that my headset wasn't showing up. I also used that unhide but nothing...
  9. My headset microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headset microphone is not working: I'm having a problem with my USB headset microphone (HyperX Cloud II), idk what's wrong i checked device manager to see if it was disabled for some reason or if it needed a driver update, I checked windows sound settings to see if anyone was weird about the microphone, I...
  10. The microphone on my headset isn't working.

The microphone on my headset isn't working.: I have turtle beach headphones that I plug into my acer computer with an audio jack. Sound goes through the headset fine but my computer doesn't recognize the microphone on my headset therefore using the default microphone on the computer. When I go to troubleshoot the...