Windows 10: My l laptop won't connect to the internet

Discus and support My l laptop won't connect to the internet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like the title says, it fucking won't. Nitro 5. It was fine when I was playing Destiny 2. I close my laptop and go into my room from the living room,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Scallfor, Jul 16, 2020.

1. My l laptop won't connect to the internet

Like the title says, it fucking won't. Nitro 5. It was fine when I was playing Destiny 2. I close my laptop and go into my room from the living room, and my laptop refuses to fucking connect. It says "Secured". Right now, I disconnected and reconnected my wifi booster. My hand hurts from punching the wall. It's 1am. There's this globe icon with a crossed circle instead of the normal wifi icon. I restarted my laptop 3 times. 1st restart updated it. I don't want to fucking restart the router since I might fucking break the wifi and my parents will take away all my shit and beat me.

What do I do? All of our phones and consoles are connected just fine. My siblings' laptops are connected. Does closing my laptop fix the issue?

submitted by /u/Scallfor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Scallfor, Jul 16, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Jul 16, 2020
  3. akhlaq768 Win User
    Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Jul 16, 2020
  4. altae Win User

My l laptop won't connect to the internet

My internet keeps dropping out!

I suggest you connect your laptop to the router with a ethernet cable. If the wired connection is stable you know that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection itself and with your LAN. Next step would be to go to the website of your laptop manufacturer and look for the latest WLAN drivers. Install them and test whether it improves the reliability of your WLAN connection. Then post back the results.

altae, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

My l laptop won't connect to the internet

1. My l laptop won't connect to the internet - Similar Threads - laptop won't connect

2. My Laptop won't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop won't connect to the internet.: My Laptop will connect but have no internet. I do not have access to the router or ethernet. I am using a "public" wifi that I pay monthly for. I can connect with my phone no problem, everyone else on the building is fine too. My Laptop Katana GF76 12UE usually connects fine....
  3. My Laptop won't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop won't connect to the internet.: My Laptop will connect but have no internet. I do not have access to the router or ethernet. I am using a "public" wifi that I pay monthly for. I can connect with my phone no problem, everyone else on the building is fine too. My Laptop Katana GF76 12UE usually connects fine....
  4. Only my laptop won't connect to the Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only my laptop won't connect to the Internet.: HelloMy laptop says it is connected to the Internet, however it just loads and doesn't connect. My phone and other devices are connected, and interest works. Help. Also my memory integrity is off, it won't turn on, how to solve this issue? Thank you...
  5. Only my laptop won't connect to the Internet.

Only my laptop won't connect to the Internet.: HelloMy laptop says it is connected to the Internet, however it just loads and doesn't connect. My phone and other devices are connected, and interest works. Help. Also my memory integrity is off, it won't turn on, how to solve this issue? Thank you...
  6. My laptop won't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't connect to the internet: I tried everything but it doesn't work. The only thing I can get access to my internet is through a ethernet cable. I tried to rest my laptop. But on my device Manger it shows an yellow triangle intalR Wi-fi 6 AC201 170MHz...
  7. My laptop won't connect to the internet

My laptop won't connect to the internet: I tried everything but it doesn't work. The only thing I can get access to my internet is through a ethernet cable. I tried to rest my laptop. But on my device Manger it shows an yellow triangle intalR Wi-fi 6 AC201 170MHz...
  8. Laptop now won't connect to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop now won't connect to Internet: While away last week at a "lodge" I attempted to get on their local WiFi. Okay at first but them got the error that I couldn't connect to the Internet. Resetting a few things (I don't remember what) I was never able to connect my laptop to WiFi or to the Internet. I'm home...
  9. PC Laptop won't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Laptop won't connect to the internet: No idea why it's doing this, was working just fine yesterday. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting, restarting, shutting down, did that command prompt admin thing and still nothing. Ugh, any suggestions? It was saying how the wifi doesn't have a working IP or something...
  10. Laptop won't connect to Internet. Help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop won't connect to Internet. Help!: Laptop won't connect to Internet "can't connect" or "no Internet" messages. Other devices working fine. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-help/81ad70b4-bb2b-4aeb-a5c1-935e3c56349c