Windows 10: My labtop is deleting everything

Discus and support My labtop is deleting everything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everybodyMy name is Jack Cady, and I am currently suffering an error on my laptop where whenever I left click on anything, my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackCady, Sep 11, 2021.

1. JackCady Win User

My labtop is deleting everything

Hello everybodyMy name is Jack Cady, and I am currently suffering an error on my laptop where whenever I left click on anything, my computer automatically deletes the selected item. This includes anything from my files, my search results, and even past words on word documents. My family and I have tried multiple methods to attempt to deal with the issue none of which have been successful. We have 1 Shut off and turned back on the laptop2 We checked to see if windows were most likely up to date and updated3 We bought a wireless keyboard and mouse and plugged that into the laptop 4 We have tried

:)

JackCady, Sep 11, 2021

2. Extremely slow labtop

I have a dell labtop with windows 10, at least I think it has windows 10, it literally updated itself, and today I literally spent an hour and a half of my life waiting for it to load. It’s so slow that the taskbar icons don’t show up for about 5 mins.
    I tried to put it in safe mode but I can’t even access the security window thing by pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE. It poped up once, and when I tried to do the steps, it just froze... Any help? I had to post this from my phone because my labtop won’t load.

FreezingFire127, Sep 11, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 11, 2021
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

1. My labtop is deleting everything - Similar Threads - labtop deleting everything

2. BSOD in my labtop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in my labtop.: i always got BSOD while not my laptop charging the error is "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE", The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000039, 0xffff990f295174e0, 0xffff990f29517438, 0x0000000000000000. Please help with this the labtop is new not even complete 1 year, i got...
  3. BSOD in my labtop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD in my labtop.: i always got BSOD while not my laptop charging the error is "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE", The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000039, 0xffff990f295174e0, 0xffff990f29517438, 0x0000000000000000. Please help with this the labtop is new not even complete 1 year, i got...
  4. My labtop won’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My labtop won’t work: My windows labtop screen is frozen, the cursor is stuck on a loading icon, I can’t open task manager or safe mode. When I try to reboot it, it won’t work, I held down the power button and the screen turned black but instantly turned back on the exact same....
  5. My labtop won’t work

My labtop won’t work: My windows labtop screen is frozen, the cursor is stuck on a loading icon, I can’t open task manager or safe mode. When I try to reboot it, it won’t work, I held down the power button and the screen turned black but instantly turned back on the exact same....
  6. EVERYTHING DELETED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EVERYTHING DELETED: i accidentally deleted everything from my onedrive and emptied the recycle bin thinking it wouldnt affect my actual files in my computer. Everything is gone now and i cant find the second stage recycle bin to get everything back. Pls assist...
  7. MY ASUS LABTOP WILL NOT BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY ASUS LABTOP WILL NOT BOOT: MY ASUS LABTOP TURNS ON AS IF IT'S BOOTING UP.THEN,THE SCREEN GOES BLACK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-asus-labtop-will-not-boot/d197cbd0-224d-45a5-a0d8-0adaeb4024a8
  8. everything was deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    everything was deleted: please help me, today i was on my laptop as normal and it was very laggy so i turned it on and off. but then when i logged back in my whole laptop was wiped and i've tried to get everything back but it wont let me as i have a “temporary profile” which i never had before,...
  9. my labtop

in Windows 10 Customization
    my labtop: ok im am trying to watch my dvr on my labtop from the hdmi what do I did its not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-labtop/0893357a-ef68-4f08-9663-eee4502e39e0
  10. Deleted nearly everything on my computer.

Deleted nearly everything on my computer.: Hi! So the other day I decided to uninstall an app called Second Life on my PC .(Windows 10) I'm not sure but I think it was something I pressed made nearly everything delete on my computer. I managed to restore some document and apps from recently deleted but it wasn't...