Windows 10: My labtop is freezing after like 5 seconds after booting up

Discus and support My labtop is freezing after like 5 seconds after booting up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello this happened to me this week and I tried sfc scan it didn’t do anything the screen freezes But sometimes the labtop boots to desktop and I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by solimanadel, Jun 13, 2021.

1. My labtop is freezing after like 5 seconds after booting up

Hello this happened to me this week and I tried sfc scan it didn’t do anything the screen freezes But sometimes the labtop boots to desktop and I can do thing but limited like if I open a program pc freezes help

:)

solimanadel, Jun 13, 2021
  2. zinou Win User

Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

Hi @Stev0 and welcome to Tenforums

Can you download Windows Performance Toolkit and record a trace to analyze what's may cause these freezes?

You can check this tutorials on how to install Windows Performance Toolkit and how to record a trace:
    How To Record Windows Boot Trace Using Windows Performance Recorder (WPR) - ZineTek

Take a trace with these parameters:

My labtop is freezing after like 5 seconds after booting up [​IMG]

My labtop is freezing after like 5 seconds after booting up [​IMG]

zinou, Jun 13, 2021
  3. MaxLampe Win User
    Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds

Hey dalchina,

thanks again for the tipp.

The freezing gets unbearable when running ProcMon. If I'm fast enough with the 5 seconds of normal usability, I can get it running with a filter. When it freezes with ProcMon running, it either crashes or freezes for 5-10 minutes. Only to run again for 5 seconds.

I tried that for an hour and I think, a Nvidia programm is always on the list (of the 5 minutes) after a crash.

When doing a clean boot, i.e. disable all services in msconfig, the issue remains, no matter which combination of services are enabled or disabled.

As I've already tried to use the latest Nvidia driver, do you have any idea, what I could do please?

I'm currently in the event viewer and it seems that there is an error related to an unknown describtion which occurs after all freezes with a short black screen. However, the entry reads something regarding a Video device.
    Event-ID 14
    Source nvlddmkm
    [...] \Device\Video3

Best regards
    Max

MaxLampe, Jun 13, 2021
  4. morsel93 Win User

My labtop is freezing after like 5 seconds after booting up

Windows 10 PC freezes for 5 seconds every 3 hours

Back in April I purchased a new Dell XPS 8930 with a 256 GB SSD boot drive and 1 TB HDD data drive. The system also has 16 GB RAM. I'm running Windows 10 Home (64-bit) English -- installed by Dell.

While I've been very happy with the system overall, I've had one issue consistently from the beginning: The entire machine will freeze completely for 5 seconds and then return to normal. Once this occurs, a subsequent freeze will occur 3 hours later --
    and 3 hours after that -- and so on. This pattern is fairly consistent. If I have task manager running when the freeze occurs, I can see very clearly that the CPU goes to 100% for that 5-second period and then returns to normal.

Having spent some time online, I found this conversation and found many similarities with my issue and my computer's configuration:

Windows 10 freezes for few seconds randomly

I turned off sleep but this did not resolve the problem. I also attempted to uninstall the Intel RST driver and let Windows install its own -- but Windows didn't install anything when I scanned for hardware changes. Upon restart the system couldn't boot
    up (couldn't find boot drive) and I ended up doing any emergency restore.

I have opened a ticket with Dell but the steps that they suggested (i.e., updating BIOS and chipset drivers, changing hard disk due to sleep to 80 minutes) did not resolve the issue.

Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

morsel93, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

My labtop is freezing after like 5 seconds after booting up

1. My labtop is freezing after like 5 seconds after booting up - Similar Threads - labtop freezing seconds

2. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  3. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  4. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Sceen gets Freeze for a 5 Second after startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Sceen gets Freeze for a 5 Second after startup.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Sir, This is Gavin Mathos. I am using Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version: 21H1 OS Build: 19043.1237. ** The Problem that i face with My Laptop **When i first start My Laptop Desktop Screen open up. After that i try to open any App for e.g. Microsoft...
  6. Windows taking 2+ minutes to boot up after a restart, but only 5 seconds after a shutdown.

Windows taking 2+ minutes to boot up after a restart, but only 5 seconds after a shutdown.: I've spent hours upon hours troubleshooting this issue, and came across a post somewhere about disconnecting secondary drives from the system and testing from there. My system is configured accordingly: Windows 10 installed on a 1TB SSD Secondary 500GB SSD for storage...
  7. Random freezes minutes/seconds after boot (1909)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezes minutes/seconds after boot (1909): I'm experiences random freezes. Sometimes it runs hours, sometimes only a few seconds. I could not find anything in the Event Viewer. I do not remember exactly, but I think it started mid December after a Windows update. Here is what I did so far. Made sure software,...
  8. Spyhunter 5 is freezing my laptop immediately after boot up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spyhunter 5 is freezing my laptop immediately after boot up: I downloaded spyhunter thinking I needed it but now evertime right after boot up my laptop freezes. It think it's caused by spyhunter because it's the only thing running. It just shows the startup of spyhunter and in small ‘loading definitions’ but I can’t do anything. The...
  9. windows 10 freezing after 5 seconds

windows 10 freezing after 5 seconds: i have just installed windows 10 on my computer and after about 5mins to 10 seconds it freezes and i even left it over night and it was still doing it i have no time or opportunity to do anything and it baffles me as it is a fresh install computer specs: H110 gigabyte...
  10. Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up

Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up: My PC freezes after 5 minutes of being logged in. (Windows 10) However I can still move the mouse, click on things but nothing will happen I sometimes also get a "Microsoft windows is not responding' popup, I cant interact with that either I checked task manager and it...