Windows 10: my labtop keep closing my application and asking me if i want to shut down restart or sleep

Discus and support my labtop keep closing my application and asking me if i want to shut down restart or sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; it happen after a while and it say what would you want your computer to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by davidrockQV, Mar 17, 2019.

1. my labtop keep closing my application and asking me if i want to shut down restart or sleep

it happen after a while and it say what would you want your computer to do

:)

davidrockQV, Mar 17, 2019
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused my labtop keep closing my application and asking me if i want to shut down restart or sleep :confused:*Mad my labtop keep closing my application and asking me if i want to shut down restart or sleep :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Sleep closes applications

Hi Gonzo,

Improper power configuration or outdated BIOS are some of the factors that can prevent the sleep function to work properly. As an initial step to prevent the programs/applications from closing upon wake up, we suggest that you reset
    the power settings to default. To do this follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Under Preferred plans, click the Change plan settings link for the plan that you're currently using.
    • Click the Restore default settings for this plan link. Click
      Yes if prompted.
    • Click the Save changes button.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

In the event that you encounter the same issue, our next option is to check if
    BIOS is updated. To do this, we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer or check their support site on how to properly update it.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
    Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Mar 17, 2019
  4. {ph}. Win User

my labtop keep closing my application and asking me if i want to shut down restart or sleep

should not wake from sleep, should ask before closing my applications and restarting

As usual I locked my laptop running Windows 10 and closed the lid to put it to sleep. When I came to use it again I found it was already running even though the lid was still closed. It had closed all my applications and *lost* work in progress. It took
    considerable time before it was ready to use again.

This did not happen with earlier Windows versions. Before Windows 10 I had Windows 8.1 set to *ask me* before applying any updates at all, let alone those that require terminating work in progress and rendering the computer completely unavailable. When I
    put it to sleep it stayed asleep.

[Windows 10 ignored my Windows 8.1 setting. I don't regard keeping control of restarts as an "advanced" option. Why should waking a computer that I specifically put to sleep and closing all my open applications be "recommended"? By what stretch of the imagination
    is disrupting my work and preventing me from using my computer for such long periods keeping it "running smoothly"?]

This is a real issue, I am not the only one to complain about it:

Slashdot

see comment about "automatic reboot".

{ph}., Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

my labtop keep closing my application and asking me if i want to shut down restart or sleep

1. my labtop keep closing my application and asking me if i want to shut down restart or sleep - Similar Threads - labtop keep closing

2. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  3. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver...
  4. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver...
  5. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. An application is preventing me from shutting down/restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    An application is preventing me from shutting down/restarting: [IMG]I just got this computer and every time I go to shut down or restart, an application/process is preventing it from shutting down automaticlly. It doesnt have an icon or a name. I have went through Task Manager, System Check, and Virus Scan and nothing seems to work![IMG]...
  7. Labtop starting up then shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Labtop starting up then shutting down: Every time I try to turn on my computer it starts up but when I try to install Windows 10 on it it keeps its at 64% and then it shuts down and then it goes over the same process what should I do about this...
  8. My computer will randomly INAPPROPRIATELY shut down itself, when I want it to sleep or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer will randomly INAPPROPRIATELY shut down itself, when I want it to sleep or...: These are the error code that I get from the reliability history log. Source: Windows Summary: Hardware error Date: ‎19/‎10/‎2019 12:52 PM Status: Not reported Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature...
  9. My laptop keeps shutting down instead of going to sleep

My laptop keeps shutting down instead of going to sleep: Hi, I have a question. Instead of going to sleep mode i.e. when I close the lid on my laptop, the screen goes off but the computer keeps running for several minutes and then shuts down. It does the same when I choose shutdown, instead of shutting down in 10 seconds or so as...
  10. I can't shut down my labtop

I can't shut down my labtop: everytime I shutdown my labtob it makes restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-shut-down-my-labtop/6dbaf4ce-7d85-44a9-b49b-fe989a319856