Windows 10: My language bar is missing in the taskbar of the computer

Discus and support My language bar is missing in the taskbar of the computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This morning I tried to on my computer and the language bar wasn't showing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BryanFng, Nov 22, 2020.

1. BryanFng Win User

My language bar is missing in the taskbar of the computer

This morning I tried to on my computer and the language bar wasn't showing.

:)

BryanFng, Nov 22, 2020
  2. boyshawn Win User

Missing language bar in Windows 10 2004

Hi all, I have noticed that my language bar has gone missing. This has happened without me doing anything significant. I changed my windows setting due to work, but AFAIK, I don't make any major change when the issue occurs. I check my system restore point, and there isn't anything obvious.

Below is my language bar setting:

My language bar is missing in the taskbar of the computer [​IMG]

This is my task bar setting:

Windows version: Windows 10 Pro
    Windows Version number: 2004
    OS build: 19041.508
    Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.310

I prefer not to do a clean boot of my Windows, as I understand that my program and feature, i.e installed program will not be on the start menu, and my registry keys will be reset as well.

Things which I have tried, but do not work:

boyshawn, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared in the taskbar:

This wastes space on the taskbar. I would rather use that space to display other things. I only want the floating language bar, but I can't find settings anywhere to remove the taskbar langage display.
    If I minimize the floating language bar, I end up with both language bars on the taskbar:

Any suggestions?

This is Windows 10 64-bit. I just installed Cumulative Update 1803, but this problem has existed for at least a few weeks.

ChochoYubi, Nov 22, 2020
  4. My language bar is missing in the taskbar of the computer

Language bar is missing

I did a clean install of Windows 10 not long ago and now my language bar is missing. In addition, the alt-shift shortcut for changing keyboard layouts does not work. I have checked all my control panel settings and also added a registry entry to launch ctfmon.exe, as per the instructions here, but I still have the problem. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks!

Edit: The problem only occurs with one account. When logged into my troubleshooting account I can see the language bar.

ricecrispies, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

My language bar is missing in the taskbar of the computer

1. My language bar is missing in the taskbar of the computer - Similar Threads - language bar missing

2. Missing language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing language bar: I have installed English and Nepali languages in my laptop. after restarting the laptop 1st I could not see the language bar, 2nd Windows search goes in Nepali language and others work like typing, and the browser search goes in English. how to solve it??...
  3. Missing language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing language bar: I have installed English and Nepali languages in my laptop. after restarting the laptop 1st I could not see the language bar, 2nd Windows search goes in Nepali language and others work like typing, and the browser search goes in English. how to solve it??...
  4. Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar: I just upgraded to Win 11 from Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron 15 notebook through a Win Update prompt.The language bar automatically appeared in the top right corner - floating. I failed to dock it in the taskbar; on checking in Settings -> Time & Language -> Typing -> Advanced...
  5. language bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    language bar missing: language bar missing ,use to have choice but not showing on the task bar . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-bar-missing/4aa5266a-e154-4567-9728-6ebbf77e4336
  6. Language bar missing for only one language

Language bar missing for only one language: I have two languages in the system: Japanese and Russian. Japanese does not displays in the old language bar, Russian does not displays on the default Language taskbar indicator. sfc /scannow was done. All upgrades installed. A lot of reboots. This happened after...
  7. My language bar is missing from the task bar.

My language bar is missing from the task bar.: I had microsoft people shared my computer to see what's wrong and yet after 3 checks with screen sharing and phone conversation, problem still remains, what is the next step please?...
  8. Language bar missing

Language bar missing: I know this has been asked a million times before and honestly as an IT professional I am almost embarrased to ask, but I have tried every solution I have been able to google and nothing has worked for me. My problem is simple - I dont have a language bar in my taskbar and...
  9. Japanese is missing in language bar

Japanese is missing in language bar: Although in the "Region and language" menu I can see Japanese among others, in the language bar (in tray) I cannot see it. So I don’t have any chance to select Japanese. How can I get it?...
  10. Language bar is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Language bar is missing: I did a clean install of Windows 10 not long ago and now my language bar is missing. In addition, the alt-shift shortcut for changing keyboard layouts does not work. I have checked all my control panel settings and also added a registry entry to launch ctfmon.exe, as per the...