Windows 10: My language on my Windows 10 surface keeps automaticlly changing to french

Discus and support My language on my Windows 10 surface keeps automaticlly changing to french in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of the sudden a few months ago, my language on my surface would change from English to French. I'd go into the region and language setting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Phil J W, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Phil J W Win User

My language on my Windows 10 surface keeps automaticlly changing to french

All of the sudden a few months ago, my language on my surface would change from English to French. I'd go into the region and language setting and French would be the new default. I remove it and ensure English is the only one, but sure enough a few days later it happens all over again. The Microsoft store, replaced my surface and its continuing to happen. I thought it might be a setting in my Microsoft account, which is weird because like i said, this happened all of the sudden. But i don't see any settings for language on the Microsoft account profile. Please help.

:)

Phil J W, Dec 18, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Shirls_15 Win User
    change the language on surface

i need to change the language on the Surface Tablet...from French to English

Shirls_15, Dec 18, 2018
  4. My language on my Windows 10 surface keeps automaticlly changing to french

Widows 10 - french Canada language pack mix 50% with english....

Hi Lemire,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with language in your system.

Follow the below suggestions and check if it helps:

Step 1:Change Clock, Language and region.

Follow the steps to select default language:

• In the search box, type
        Control Panel

• Select Clock, Language and Region.

• Select French.
    If French is not available in the list then Click on
    Add Language and select French from the list and make it your preferred language.

Step 2: Also To confirm the settings are set correctly:

1. Open Settings. Select Time& language, and then
    Region & Language.

2. Check the Language (set as default)
    setting for your Windows display language. If your desired language is not available, add your desired language:

• Click Add Language.
    • Select your desired language from the list.
    • Select the desired locale, which is the language/country combination.
    • Click on the newly selected locale and select
      Options
    • Under Download language pack, click
      Download.
    • Under Speech, click Download.
    • After the downloads are complete (this could take several minutes), return to the
      Time & Language settings.
    • Click on your new language and select Set as Default.
    • NOTE: IF you changed languages, you must sign out of your account and back in for the new setting to take effect.
    3. Check the Country or region setting.
    Make sure the country selected corresponds with the Windows display language set in the Language setting.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

My language on my Windows 10 surface keeps automaticlly changing to french

1. My language on my Windows 10 surface keeps automaticlly changing to french - Similar Threads - language surface keeps

2. After installing French as an additional language my Microsoft 365 apps are in French.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing French as an additional language my Microsoft 365 apps are in French.: After installing French as an additional language on top of English UK, all the MS365 apps Word, Excel, Outlook etc now are in French. Ho do I get them back to English? I still want to keep French as a second language for spellchecking and the French keyboard....
  3. After installing French as an additional language my Microsoft 365 apps are in French.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After installing French as an additional language my Microsoft 365 apps are in French.: After installing French as an additional language on top of English UK, all the MS365 apps Word, Excel, Outlook etc now are in French. Ho do I get them back to English? I still want to keep French as a second language for spellchecking and the French keyboard....
  4. Microsoft word keeps randomly switching the language to French when it obviously isn't French.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft word keeps randomly switching the language to French when it obviously isn't French.: This has happened on a few occasions, when the randomly detected language has abruptly, randomly been switched from English to French without a change in the keyboard or even an apparent change in the lexicon. As a result I get most of the words in a sentence underlined with...
  5. Why windows keeps on installing french-belgian basic language?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why windows keeps on installing french-belgian basic language?: Hello everybody, windows, after each clean install, keeps on installing with a notification the basic language for french belgium. Why is it like that? is it because of my keyboard? it is true that i m living in belgium but i thought that with the french france basic...
  6. windows keeps on installing french belgian basic language

windows keeps on installing french belgian basic language: Hello everyone, what windows keeps on installing on my system is the same as running this command prompt: Dism /Online /Add-Capability /Capabilityname: Language.Basic~~~fr-BE~0.0.1.0 i really wonder what that behaviour all the time. if i remove it using cmd ten minutes...
  7. My Windows 10 display language is weirdly mixed between French and English

My Windows 10 display language is weirdly mixed between French and English: [ATTACH] There are several other places where the displayed language is not the one configured asWindows display language English. To give a little bit of context, my computer initially came with Windows 10 Home 64bit French RESTRICTED TO AFRICA ONLY I then switched...
  8. Automaticlly language install

Automaticlly language install: Hi. I've installed sometime ago Russian keyboard, and after it I wanted to delete it. Since then the Russian language is downloading automatically. How do I make it stop? thanks,...
  9. Languages on my computer keep changing.

Languages on my computer keep changing.: The two preferred languages I use to type on my computer are English and Chinese but I prefer to keep everything on my computer in English. Sometimes the names of all Windows 10 default apps and the language of some other apps such as Speedtest that I downloaded from...
  10. Please french language

Please french language: Please french language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/please-french-language/90582942-427e-46e6-a856-9aca6078467e