Windows 10: My laptop accesses my LAN wirelessly but File Explorer cannot find my WD My Cloud or my...

Discus and support My laptop accesses my LAN wirelessly but File Explorer cannot find my WD My Cloud or my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Can anyone help me? My laptop accesses my LAN wirelessly but Windows File Explorer cannot find my WD My Cloud or my Terramaster NAS devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeeSOliver, Jul 3, 2020.

1. My laptop accesses my LAN wirelessly but File Explorer cannot find my WD My Cloud or my...

Hi all,

Can anyone help me?

My laptop accesses my LAN wirelessly but Windows File Explorer cannot find my WD My Cloud or my Terramaster NAS devices when I try to map any folder on them. My main PC wired is working fine.

Thanks,

Lee.

:)

LeeSOliver, Jul 3, 2020

2. WD my cloud - connectivity issues after win10 update

Hi,

I have connectivity issues with my WD my cloud mirror 4TB after a regular windows 10 update - I previously had win10 installed in this computer and there were no problems. I have read many threads in the forum
    but I have not been able to see this exact issue.

Summary of the issue:

• When I try to access WD my cloud through windows explorer it shows that credentials entered are wrong

• When I try to access WD my cloud through my web browser using the static IP address asigned to the devided, it displays a message saying that website cannot be accessed

• When I try to access WD my cloud through the official app, it shows a message stating that device could not be found

• This problem only happens in my main computer. I can still access WD my cloud from other laptops either using win explorer, web browser or the app.
    Things I have tried and have not worked so far:

• Change my WDmycloud user and credentials (using another laptop)

• Delete network connection (Net Use * /delete)

• Delete WD credentials using windows credentials manager and rebooting

• Use RegEdit (1. Create a Dword called 'AllowInsecureGuestAuth' in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorks, 2. Set the new value to 1, 3. Then close Regedit and Reboot.)

Any suggestions are very welcommed
    My laptop accesses my LAN wirelessly but File Explorer cannot find my WD My Cloud or my... [​IMG]

Many thanks,

AndrésGuillot, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    WD my cloud - connectivity issues after win10 update

Hello Andres,

We would like to check if you're still encountering the issue.

Keep us posted.

Riel Alc, Jul 3, 2020
  4. harp0 Win User

My laptop accesses my LAN wirelessly but File Explorer cannot find my WD My Cloud or my...

WD my cloud missing files issue

I have a WD my cloud network drive 3tb. I store my music and movies and backup files on it. I just today got a new hp laptop with windows 10. When I use the WD my cloud software to view my files they all show up just fine about 600 albums. When I use the Microsoft software by going to the network drive my cloud in Microsoft file explorer only the first 200 files show up.

I really dislike the wd software and would like to just use the built in windows software if this is a fixable issue. Up till today I have been using windows 7 home and I have never had this issue with that OS.

harp0, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

My laptop accesses my LAN wirelessly but File Explorer cannot find my WD My Cloud or my...

1. My laptop accesses my LAN wirelessly but File Explorer cannot find my WD My Cloud or my... - Similar Threads - laptop accesses LAN

2. My laptop cannot find my usual hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop cannot find my usual hotspot: My laptop usually logs on to my phone's wifi hotspot instantly when I turn it on. I am using Windows 11 Home.3 weeks ago, it just suddenly stopped detecting and connecting to my phone's wifi hotspot.The laptop can detect and connect to all my neighbours' wifi. I have tried...
  3. My laptop cannot find my usual hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop cannot find my usual hotspot: My laptop usually logs on to my phone's wifi hotspot instantly when I turn it on. I am using Windows 11 Home.3 weeks ago, it just suddenly stopped detecting and connecting to my phone's wifi hotspot.The laptop can detect and connect to all my neighbours' wifi. I have tried...
  4. WD My Cloud Home risk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WD My Cloud Home risk management: Straight to the point: If I want a more reliable backup for my windows, and I decided to take cloud storage from WD for example. What happens if my cloud home storage gets damaged and doesn't work anymore? Do WD servers take backups of my data or is my cloud device is...
  5. WD my cloud as network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WD my cloud as network drive: [ATTACH] Hello, how can I set WD my cloud as network drive? Currently I can see it with its name - WDC. Double click on it opens wd my cloud login page, but even if I log it is still same. I have no idea what I did but on my another computer I can see all shared drivers...
  6. WD My Cloud external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Cloud external drive: who do i install my WD My Cloud external drive to my new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-cloud-external-drive/0e21e13b-f8bb-4d9d-a521-b088c13747c5
  7. Cannot access my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access my laptop: Hello I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 and I havent had access to it in almost 4 years because I had thought I lost it. The other day I found it and I had tried signing into it and I had problems. its on the windows 10 update ( the update is complete). The problems are: 1) I am...
  8. File Explorer cannot find my computers on my home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer cannot find my computers on my home network: All my computers and laptops are on one network at home, and the network connections in each computer are all set to private with network discovery on and file and print sharing on. Sometimes one will show up, but most of the time none do. The computers are all on and awake...
  9. Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book: I have a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS and a 3 TB WD My Book USB drive. I want to back up the NAS to the USB drive automatically but the software that comes with the My Cloud won't do that. Does anyone know of a free or cheap program that will copy the contents of the NAS to the USB...
  10. WD my cloud missing files issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD my cloud missing files issue: I have a WD my cloud network drive 3tb. I store my music and movies and backup files on it. I just today got a new hp laptop with windows 10. When I use the WD my cloud software to view my files they all show up just fine about 600 albums. When I use the Microsoft software by...