Windows 10: My laptop acting weirdly

Discus and support My laptop acting weirdly in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a problem in my laptop it acts weirdly whenever i'm typing on keyboard for example when i'm on notepad++ and writing something and i have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AbuFr3on, Dec 24, 2018.

1. AbuFr3on Win User

My laptop acting weirdly

I have a problem in my laptop

it acts weirdly whenever i'm typing on keyboard

for example when i'm on notepad++ and writing something and i have more than a tab it moves from tab to another while writing but if i didn't touch the keyboard nothing happens.

and something else when i'm on Facebook chatting with somebody suddenly it starts opening photos from the timeline and the same if i didn't touch the keyboard nothing happens.

what would be the problem and how to solve it.

Thanks

:)

AbuFr3on, Dec 24, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 24, 2018
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 24, 2018
  4. My laptop acting weirdly

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

My laptop acting weirdly

1. My laptop acting weirdly - Similar Threads - laptop acting weirdly

2. Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.: I have a Lenovo laptop with IntelR CeleronR N4120 1.10GHz CPU, 4G of RAM, and a 60G Drive. I use a corded optical mouse and a 4T external drive. I upgraded to Windows 11 after getting it new mid last year because it said it was compatible but had to revert to Windows 10 in...
  3. Laptop keyboard acting weird!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard acting weird!: My keyboard keys won't type anything but 't' and 'y' from the first row of letters. The other two rows below work well and all other letters type in. But in the first row of letters only those two type in but not the others! And when I use another keyboard via USB, they do...
  4. Laptop keyboard acting weird!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard acting weird!: My keyboard keys won't type anything but 't' and 'y' from the first row of letters. The other two rows below work well and all other letters type in. But in the first row of letters only those two type in but not the others! And when I use another keyboard via USB, they do...
  5. Laptop keyboard acting weird!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. LAPTOP ACTING WEIRD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LAPTOP ACTING WEIRD: Ok so my laptop started acting weird all of a sudden after buying a fake charger, the day the charger was bought it was all fine but the next day it started acting weird like the keyboard wouldnt work and the brightness would automatically reduce and if i try increasing it...
  7. Laptop acting weirdly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop acting weirdly: My laptop is acting wierdly .... the apps are lagging a lot the LENOVO VANTAGE app is not working and the performance has reduced a lot CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?? Why is this happening?...
  8. My laptop is acting weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is acting weird: My laptop has been acting weird, and at first I thought maybe there was a virus on it or something, but I used a bunch of anti malware things on the internet to get rid of whatever was making it act weird and no matter what, they all said that my computer was fine. I looked...
  9. My laptop acting weirdly

My laptop acting weirdly: I have a problem in my laptop it acts weirdly whenever i'm typing on keyboard for example when i'm on notepad++ and writing something and i have more than a tab it moves from tab to another while writing but if i didn't touch the keyboard nothing happens. and something...
  10. Windows on my laptop acting weird

Windows on my laptop acting weird: I have two issues after a few minutes of inactivity the mouse or pointer disappears and there is no way I can find it, the alternative is I push the power button till all is dark, then I push the button again and when windows wakes up I can see the mouse/pointer on the...