Windows 10: my laptop acts like doesnt have any audio hardware (microphone and speakers)

Discus and support my laptop acts like doesnt have any audio hardware (microphone and speakers) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i already have reinstall windows and nothing changed. the problem started after the last update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spyros_kats, Oct 12, 2018 at 8:12 AM.

1. spyros_kats Win User

my laptop acts like doesnt have any audio hardware (microphone and speakers)

i already have reinstall windows and nothing changed. the problem started after the last update.

:)

2. bkalbjalksjdf Win User

External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible?

Hi,

I have an external microphone connected to my laptop but I cannot hear the recording as long as the microphone is plugged it.

Is it possible to have the microphone plugged in and listen to the audio over the laptop speakers?

Thanks.

P.S: All drivers are up to date and the laptop has only one slot to connect a 3.5mm jack.

bkalbjalksjdf, Oct 13, 2018 at 4:35 AM
  3. RowaninMelb Win User
    Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/328279-2.htm for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

4. Rose Cal Win User

Microphone and speaker not detected

Hi Nelly,

The microphone and speaker may not be detected due to wrong configuration settings or outdated drivers. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • Does this happen with Skype application only or with other application also?
    • Have you tried connecting your microphone and speaker to another computer and check if the issue still persist?
    • Have you tried using another microphone and speaker and check if the it still not recognized.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices. This will identify and diagnose technical issues. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the upper right part of the Control Panel window, type
      Troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and follow the prompt to proceed with the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue still persist.

You may also perform sound troubleshooter by referring to this
    link
    . It will let you diagnose and provide a remedy to sound issue.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Thema:

1. my laptop acts like doesnt have any audio hardware (microphone and speakers) - Similar Threads - laptop acts doesnt

2. Speakers not showing in my audio tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers not showing in my audio tab: I woke up this morning, I went to my HP Omen Laptop and I did not find any audio. My speakers are not showing up on my audio tab and I have checked the sound panel and everything and a lot of forums and I found nothing. Any help? (This is my first time asking a question...
  3. Speakers and Microphone Not Working

Speakers and Microphone Not Working: My speakers and microphone are not showing up as a option on the sound settings. I have already right clicked the empty space and checked the two boxes. I don't know if it is a issue with the drivers or if it is something else....
  4. Windows on my laptop acting weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows on my laptop acting weird: I have two issues after a few minutes of inactivity the mouse or pointer disappears and there is no way I can find it, the alternative is I push the power button till all is dark, then I push the button again and when windows wakes up I can see the mouse/pointer on the...
  5. my audio sound and microphone removed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my audio sound and microphone removed.: my audio sound and microphone has been removed. How do I download it back onto my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-audio-sound-and-microphone-removed/1c0f40ca-9beb-4436-ba47-275e5bdcb385
  6. My laptop speakers all of sudden buzzes when play any audio, after windows update.

My laptop speakers all of sudden buzzes when play any audio, after windows update.: This occurred right after Windows 10 most recent update. I have changed sound setting all to default. I also uninstalled and reinstalled sound driver but nothing corrected the problem....
  7. No audio from my speakers

No audio from my speakers: I cant get my speakers to work. The power is on (speaker light on) volume at max. The jack plug is in the centre of the 3 sockets at the lower back of the PC panel Original Title: I can't make my speakers work. They are connect by a jack plug to the middle of the 3...
  8. External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible?

External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible?: Hi, I have an external microphone connected to my laptop but I cannot hear the recording as long as the microphone is plugged it. Is it possible to have the microphone plugged in and listen to the audio over the laptop speakers? Thanks. P.S: All drivers are up to date...
  9. [HELP] Microphone playing through my speakers

[HELP] Microphone playing through my speakers: It had something to do with Cortana maybe, i dont know but my microphone started playing (once i activated it for cortana) through my speaker and i have no idea how to turn this around, any help is welcome. 48942
  10. I would like to have my laptop wake on USB

in Windows 10 Support
    I would like to have my laptop wake on USB: The computer I have now will stay on when the top is closed, which is what I want. But when it goes to sleep I cannot wake it without lifting the top and pressing power. I use monitors and usb keyboard and I want to be able to activate the computer using it. I have gone...