Windows 10: my laptop always requires me to reboot modem in order to connect to wifi

Discus and support my laptop always requires me to reboot modem in order to connect to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; please advise how to resolve issue about having to reboot modem every time I want to connect my laptop to wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by veronica6616, May 2, 2021.

1. my laptop always requires me to reboot modem in order to connect to wifi

please advise how to resolve issue about having to reboot modem every time I want to connect my laptop to wifi

:)

veronica6616, May 2, 2021
  2. KseniiaS Win User

Windows 10 Wifi is not connecting automatically after a modem rebooting too long

We have a newer modem. It takes 2+ minutes for the modem to reboot.

Wifi is connecting for the 1st minute and then since internet is not back yet it's giving up.

Action needed message is appearing by the time the modem is completely back with Internet.

I don't have problems with this modem on Macs or smartphones. Only Windows 10 devices are giving up and not getting connected because of the long rebooting time. If i restart the device while modem is on, wifi is automatically hooks up. Only when modem is
    getting rebooted issue appears.

How can I extend the connecting to wifi time?

Please help

Thank you

KseniiaS, May 2, 2021
  3. pierboy Win User
    Connecting Wifi to modem

Hello.

I am Trying to connect a Dell XPS 10 Tablet running windows rt to my modem but keep getting a authentication error and will not connect.

i have reset all settings on my modem to factory,have uninstalled the driver for the network adapter and reinstalled but still nothing.

I am successful at connection the tablet to my smart phone using tethering with no problems at all.

the smart phone is connected to the wifi coming from the modem.

I must be missing a step somewhere and can not figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pierboy, May 2, 2021
  4. my laptop always requires me to reboot modem in order to connect to wifi

Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

Done. Rebooted both phone and modem but nothing.

Thing is, I just returned from work and the phone connects normally to the work wifi.
    It's to the one at home which it doesn't connect.

On the other hand, I have several devices connect to the home wifi without any problem...
    So I'm not sure if it's a phone or a modem problem now.

Black Panther, May 2, 2021
Thema:

my laptop always requires me to reboot modem in order to connect to wifi

1. my laptop always requires me to reboot modem in order to connect to wifi - Similar Threads - laptop always requires

2. Reboot always requires the recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot always requires the recovery key.: I have Windows 11 HOME not Pro. Device Encryption is turned on. I do not have access to the "BitLocker driver encryption" which is a separate option in the "device encryption" section under Setting --> Privacy & Security --> Device Encryption.I have a Dell Inspiron 2-in-1...
  3. Reboot always requires the recovery key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot always requires the recovery key.: I have Windows 11 HOME not Pro. Device Encryption is turned on. I do not have access to the "BitLocker driver encryption" which is a separate option in the "device encryption" section under Setting --> Privacy & Security --> Device Encryption.I have a Dell Inspiron 2-in-1...
  4. Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem: Having problem connecting or holding wireless connection. Some devices like TV have a wireless connection. Others like windows laptop or kindle can't get a connection. Error message on Kindle is --authentication problem. Problems started when wifi could not connect to android...
  5. Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem: Having problem connecting or holding wireless connection. Some devices like TV have a wireless connection. Others like windows laptop or kindle can't get a connection. Error message on Kindle is --authentication problem. Problems started when wifi could not connect to android...
  6. Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop: Hi Good Day Everyone !I'm having a problem laptop - Lenovo ideapad 330 When I tried to connect my laptop to our Router, the router suddenly restarts by itself and disconnects everyone connected to it , and keeps repeating when the Laptop is on. But when i shutdown the laptop...
  7. Windows 10 Wifi is not connecting automatically after a modem rebooting too long

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Wifi is not connecting automatically after a modem rebooting too long: We have a newer modem. It takes 2+ minutes for the modem to reboot. Wifi is connecting for the 1st minute and then since internet is not back yet it's giving up. Action needed message is appearing by the time the modem is completely back with Internet. I don't have...
  8. Windows 10 - Manual Modem Reboot required often

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Manual Modem Reboot required often: Hi Windows Brainstrust, I have a problem where I need to manually reboot my modem just about every time I start up and log onto Windows10. In fact it may take a few attempts before I can access the internet. Network Status shows as "Connected to the Internet" and Diagnostic...
  9. modem reboot

modem reboot: I rebooted the modem this morning trying to hook up Sonos speaker for update and when the modem came back on line it was under a different name and now Sonos nor Netflix recognizes the 'new' network. the original network name is not an option. Why? how do I get the original...
  10. Laptop has to be rebooted to connect to Wifi

Laptop has to be rebooted to connect to Wifi: Dear all, I have an odd issue with my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10. The first time I boot I cannot connect to my home Wifi, however when I reboot I can. It is always the same every time I switch it on in that it will only connect on the second boot. Any ideas?...