Windows 10: My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....

Discus and support My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got this message just after I rebooted my laptop. it's lenovo ThinkPad when I check for a key I see this. You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lalit shukla, Aug 14, 2022.

1. My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....

I got this message just after I rebooted my laptop. it's lenovo ThinkPad when I check for a key I see this. You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your Microsoft account.Note: If someone else helped you set up your PC, the BitLocker keys you're looking for might be on their account.Please help me.

:)

lalit shukla, Aug 14, 2022

2. Bitlocker asks for a recovery key, but it haven't provided me with one yet

I had a Bitlocker encrypted system partition (Windows 10). I needed more space on it and I had some spare space at the end of the disk. So, I decrypted the partition, extended it, and enabled Bitlocker again. Bitlocker asked for a PIN, I entered it. Before the actual encryption Bitlocker suggested me to reboot my system in order to check that everything was going to be OK and the enecrypted partition would be accessible. I pressed "OK", my system shut down, turned on again and showed me blue screen where Bitlocker asked me to enter my PIN. I entered it, but then it asked me to also enter my recovery key. The problem is I don't have this recovery key, because Bitlocker haven't provided me with one yet. And as far as I understand, it shouldn't have started encryption at all yet.

I have another Windows 10 system installed on the same disk (no encryption), so I booted into it, opened Disk Management and that system partition, where I enabled Bitlocker, showed as "Unknown (Bitlocker Encrypted)". It seems that Bitlocker did already encrypted it. But it is not possible, because less than a minute had passed from the moment I turned Bitlocker ON again and entered my PIN to the moment I was asked to enter the recovery key.

What do I do now?

IgorKotlerman, Aug 14, 2022
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

Click on the start icon and type bitlocker. Click on the top entry in the list for Manage Bitlocker. In the Window that opens, turn BitLocker off. I noticed that Windows 10 Pro ver 1803, when I installed it on my laptop, encrypted the drive without asking me if I wanted it encrypted or not and I was getting the screen to enter a key after I attempted to install a second boot menu entry.

NavyLCDR, Aug 14, 2022
  4. My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....

Recovery key for bitlocker

Hello,

I have a laptop with bitlocker encryption disk. I have clear TPM keys wrongly, so systems asks me bitlocker recovery key. I have recovery key id. How can I restore the laptop with data?

Ilyas Novruzlu, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....

1. My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption.... - Similar Threads - Laptop asking Bitlocker

2. My laptop is asking for a bitlocker recovery key. Although I have my laptop linked to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is asking for a bitlocker recovery key. Although I have my laptop linked to my...: My laptop is asking for a bitlocker recovery key. Although I have my laptop linked to my account, but can't find any recovery key.Can anyone please me getting the recovery key....
  3. My laptop is asking for a bitlocker recovery key. Although I have my laptop linked to my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is asking for a bitlocker recovery key. Although I have my laptop linked to my...: My laptop is asking for a bitlocker recovery key. Although I have my laptop linked to my account, but can't find any recovery key.Can anyone please me getting the recovery key....
  4. My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....: I got this message just after I rebooted my laptop. it's lenovo ThinkPad when I check for a key I see this. You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your Microsoft account.Note: If someone else helped you set up your PC, the BitLocker keys you're looking for...
  5. My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....: I got this message just after I rebooted my laptop. it's lenovo ThinkPad when I check for a key I see this. You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your Microsoft account.Note: If someone else helped you set up your PC, the BitLocker keys you're looking for...
  6. My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key. I have never turned on encryption....: Crisis! Please help! Laptop is asking for a bitlocker recovery key after it rebooted on its own while I was sleeping possibly due to an update. I have never turned on encryption. I have never even heard of this before. I have Windows 10 Home Edition. It has never asked me for...
  7. Laptop asking for bitlocker recovery key. I have never turned on encryption. Windows 10...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop asking for bitlocker recovery key. I have never turned on encryption. Windows 10...: Crisis! Please help! Laptop is asking for a bitlocker recovery key after it rebooted on its own while I was sleeping, presumably due to an update. I have never turned on encryption. I have Windows 10 Home Edition. It has never asked me for this before. When I go to my...
  8. BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never installed it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker recovery screen asking me for a key but I never installed it: Hi all, Sorry this post is quite long because I want you to understand well my case and surely hundreds of thousands Win users I have a Lenovo X270 laptop that was running Windows 10 Professional. Hereis what happened: One day a little bit of soda poured out on it so...
  9. Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key: My laptop has recently been stuck in a boot-loop where it keeps booting to the blue recovery menu probably because Windows is corrupted. I am unable to reset the computer as the drive is encrypted with bitlocker and I need a BitLocker Recovery Key. The problem is that I...
  10. Bitlocker encryption key recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker encryption key recovery: My Dell windows 10 laptop is acting up. Won't finish booting up.. Try to run clean disk and keep getting asked for my bit locker encryption key... I've never set this up machine bought new in a store. Help! Please... Steve...