Windows 10: My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

Discus and support My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ed Miller1, Apr 18, 2024.

1. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI.

:)

Ed Miller1, Apr 18, 2024
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Apr 18, 2024
  3. rypz79 Win User
    Windows 10 doesn't connect automatically to a Wi-Fi network

Hi,

I have a little problem.
    Every time I boot my laptop (or restart it) I need to manually connect to a Wi-Fi network thought I've checked the "connect automatically" box.

My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"... 231331d1555935432t-windows-10-doesnt-connect-automatically-wi-fi-network-networklist.png

I tried to "forget" and reconnect to that network and still got the same result after a boot/restart.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you

rypz79, Apr 18, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security

Read more: Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security | Wi-Fi Alliance

See also:

Brink, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

1. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"... - Similar Threads - laptop asks security

2. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  3. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  4. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  5. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: I have a brand new computer. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wi-fi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  6. My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop asks for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect Automatically"...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-asks-for-the-wi-fi-security-key-after-a/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  7. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  8. Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the WIFI security key after a reboot when the "Connect...: I have a brand new Asus computer running Windows Home 11. Every time it reboots, I have to manually input the security key for the WIFI. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-ask-for-the-wifi-security-key/eedc086b-33f2-4cfa-b28d-1d5096401a4d
  9. Wi-Fi not connected automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi not connected automatically: My PC is wirelessly connected to the wifi. I am using Windows 10 20H2, however, it no longer automatically connects when I restart or boot my compmuter. Can anyone help me with this? Thank yo...
  10. Laptop Won't Connect To Wi-Fi Automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop Won't Connect To Wi-Fi Automatically: This is has only started happening since I upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004. Even though I place a tick in the "Connect Automatically" check box, it never connects automatically after a restart. I have tried Googling for ideas, but nothing that I have found works. Any...