Windows 10: My laptop automatically turns on when i open the lid.

Discus and support My laptop automatically turns on when i open the lid. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a ASUS vivobook S-15 530Fn. I'm having two problems with it, When i shut it down and don't put the lid down it automatically turns on again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MursalinTonmoy, Aug 24, 2020.

1. My laptop automatically turns on when i open the lid.

Hi, I have a ASUS vivobook S-15 530Fn. I'm having two problems with it, When i shut it down and don't put the lid down it automatically turns on again. Another is when I open the lid my laptop automatically turns on.without pressing power button.

Now i want to know that is these are problems or is this will be harmful to the laptop?

And how can I turn off this problem?

Please answer my questions.

:)

MursalinTonmoy, Aug 24, 2020

2. Laptop Automatically Turns On when Openning Lid after SHUTDOWN

Hello Ali,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

What is the make and model of your device?

Is it really going to Shutdown state?

Opening a Lid will make PC to wake it from Sleep Mode. I guess the same is happening in your situation. It might be going to sleep mode and opening Lid brings it back from the sleep. Why because, when system goes to complete shutdown, then it won't turn
    on automatically when you open the Lid, until unless you press Power button.

Suggest you to cross the same with the Power options. To go to power options, press Start, type
    Power Options into the search space and select the same from the list.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 24, 2020
  3. My Toshiba laptop automatically turns ON when I open the lid in Windows 10

My Toshiba Satellite laptop automatically turns ON when I open the lid in Windows 10. I want the laptop to turn ON when I press the Power button and not automatically when the lid is open.

Please help.

SolcastEnterprise, Aug 24, 2020
  4. My laptop automatically turns on when i open the lid.

My Toshiba laptop automatically turns ON when I open the lid in Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you better, share the information.

- What power option have you set when your laptops' lid is closed? have you set the power option to Sleep or Hibernate?

I Suggest you to check with the Power options. To go to power options, press Start, type Power Options into the search space and select the same from the list, and follow the below steps:

1.On the Select a power plan page, click Choose what closing the lid does.
    2.On the Define power buttons and turn on password protection page, next to When I close the lid, choose what you want your laptop to do, both for when it's running on battery and when it's plugged in.
    3.Click Save changes.

Keep us posted if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Pratiksha Devadiga, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

My laptop automatically turns on when i open the lid.

1. My laptop automatically turns on when i open the lid. - Similar Threads - laptop automatically turns

2. My laptop windows 11 home power switch on automatically when I open the lid - how to turn...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop windows 11 home power switch on automatically when I open the lid - how to turn...: Hi,My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to turn it off?PC - Lenovo Idea pad 3 - 1155g7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-windows-11-home-power-switch-on/98958007-58d8-4e30-8d8c-7aee1a12cf73
  3. My laptop windows 11 home power switch on automatically when I open the lid - how to turn...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop windows 11 home power switch on automatically when I open the lid - how to turn...: Hi,My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to turn it off?PC - Lenovo Idea pad 3 - 1155g7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-windows-11-home-power-switch-on/98958007-58d8-4e30-8d8c-7aee1a12cf73
  4. Laptop Lid open automatic turn on without pressing power button

Laptop Lid open automatic turn on without pressing power button: Hi, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad-5, built In windows 11, a problem with it, when I open the lid my laptop automatically turns on without pressing power button. Now i want to know that is will be harmful to the laptop? And how can I turn off this problem?...
  5. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  6. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  7. Windows 11 laptop turns on when I open the lid

Windows 11 laptop turns on when I open the lid: Hello! I find this feature very inconvenient and I'd like to change it. After looking around on the internet, people advise to open the Power Options and change it there, but even though I can choose what my laptop does when I close the lid but there is nothing that could be...
  8. Windows 11 laptop turns on when I open the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop turns on when I open the lid: Hello! I find this feature very inconvenient and I'd like to change it. After looking around on the internet, people advise to open the Power Options and change it there, but even though I can choose what my laptop does when I close the lid but there is nothing that could be...
  9. System turns on automatically when i open the lid without power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System turns on automatically when i open the lid without power button: I have purchased Laptop Dell Latitude 3510 and it runs Windows 10 . System turns on automatically when i open it without using power button. I have changed few settings under power option but issue still persists. when I open the lid - On battery and Plugged in is set to Do...
  10. lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open: lenovo windows turn on automatically when lid is open . I t is new lenovo ideapad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-windows-turn-on-automatically-when-lid-is/7b4b3710-59f9-49b8-b7c5-4b27a57c07cd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I stop my laptop from turning on when I open the lid toshiba

2. my Toshiba comes on when I open lid what to do