Windows 10: My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown

Discus and support My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I am still having problems with the battery getting completely drained when the computer is turned off. A 80% battery will not last more than 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by messerschmitt, May 7, 2021.

1. My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown

Hello. I am still having problems with the battery getting completely drained when the computer is turned off. A 80% battery will not last more than 2 weeks with the computer shut down. If I turn it on after 2 weeks, the battery will be at 0%. I have turned off "fast startup". I have turned off hibernation (which made "fast startup" option dissapeared). Still the same problem. I don't know what else to do. Can anyone suggest a solution please? Windows version 17763.1217

:)

messerschmitt, May 7, 2021

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, May 7, 2021
  3. noclark1 Win User
    Windows 10 - Laptop battery drainage while shutdown and unpluged

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. The laptop battery is now draining 20% overnight when the laptop is shutdown and unplugged. With Windows 7 the battery drainage was negligible (even over a week). The laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad Type 1143-3FU. The Thinkpad has a red light which glows while on. After shutdown it now flashes a few times after shutdown before stopping (rather than just going out) which indicates to me that something is still running, but I do not know what. The laptop battery is good. The computer does not appear to be hibernating because when I start the computer it shows the Lenovo screen first thing. Any suggestions?

noclark1, May 7, 2021
  4. My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown

my laptop battery is draining after i shutdown my laptop

I have dell inspiron 3542model laptop . Now I upgrade my OS from 8.1 to 10.

After upgrade my laptop battery is having problem. I fully charged my battery and shutdown the windows in night. next day morning again I on my laptop with battery power it's not getting up . so I plug in the AC power and starting my laptop. and also I checked
    my battery status is 1% . without no usage of laptop my battery is draining even after I shutdown the windows

PRABAKARANCIVIL, May 7, 2021
Thema:

My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown

1. My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown - Similar Threads - laptop battery drains

2. Battery drain in shutdown condition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drain in shutdown condition: I faced a problem with my asus expertbook laptop b1400ceae, when i shutdown the laptop battery drain 2% per hour in condition fast boot off, hibernate off and sleep off and i feel the processor become warm in shutdown conditionNote : my laptop unit already replaced with a new...
  3. Battery drain in shutdown condition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drain in shutdown condition: I faced a problem with my asus expertbook laptop b1400ceae, when i shutdown the laptop battery drain 2% per hour in condition fast boot off, hibernate off and sleep off and i feel the processor become warm in shutdown conditionNote : my laptop unit already replaced with a new...
  4. Battery drain in shutdown condition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drain in shutdown condition: I faced a problem with my asus expertbook laptop b1400ceae, when i shutdown the laptop battery drain 2% per hour in condition fast boot off, hibernate off and sleep off and i feel the processor become warm in shutdown conditionmy laptop unit already replaced with a new...
  5. Battery draining after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery draining after shutdown: My laptop asus Rog strix g17, I'm having problem with battery it's draining after shutdown for 10 hrs it's draining 15-20%,in battery report it's showing connected by, i tried disabling fast boot and did regedit power settings too, can't resolve this issue...
  6. Battery draining after shutdown

Battery draining after shutdown: My laptop asus Rog strix g17, I'm having problem with battery it's draining after shutdown for 10 hrs it's draining 15-20%,in battery report it's showing connected by, i tried disabling fast boot and did regedit power settings too, can't resolve this issue...
  7. My Laptop Battery Drains even when fully shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Battery Drains even when fully shutdown: So, my laptop drains its battery while its completely shut off. I say completely shut off because i disabled fast startup. I have only had this laptop for 5 months and idk what is happening. My battery config is balanced mode in the app MyAsus. It basically just limits my...
  8. My Laptop Battery Drains even when fully shutdown

My Laptop Battery Drains even when fully shutdown: So, my laptop drains its battery while its completely shut off. I say completely shut off because i disabled fast startup. I have only had this laptop for 5 months and idk what is happening. My battery config is balanced mode in the app MyAsus. It basically just limits my...
  9. Battery drains after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains after shutdown.: I have a brand new Asus E210ma with Windows 11 S. I have shut down completely, but the battery went from 65% down to 35% overnight. It has done that the few nights I've had it.Help! I love the size but this is driving me crazy. I am not using the standby and wish it had...
  10. Battery drains after shutdown.

Battery drains after shutdown.: I have a brand new Asus E210ma with Windows 11 S. I have shut down completely, but the battery went from 65% down to 35% overnight. It has done that the few nights I've had it.Help! I love the size but this is driving me crazy. I am not using the standby and wish it had...