Windows 10: My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown

Discus and support My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I am still having problems with the battery getting completely drained when the computer is turned off. A 80% battery will not last more than 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by messerschmitt, May 7, 2021.

1. My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown

Hello. I am still having problems with the battery getting completely drained when the computer is turned off. A 80% battery will not last more than 2 weeks with the computer shut down. If I turn it on after 2 weeks, the battery will be at 0%. I have turned off "fast startup". I have turned off hibernation (which made "fast startup" option dissapeared). Still the same problem. I don't know what else to do. Can anyone suggest a solution please? Windows version 17763.1217

:)

messerschmitt, May 7, 2021

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, May 7, 2021
  3. noclark1 Win User
    Windows 10 - Laptop battery drainage while shutdown and unpluged

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. The laptop battery is now draining 20% overnight when the laptop is shutdown and unplugged. With Windows 7 the battery drainage was negligible (even over a week). The laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad Type 1143-3FU. The Thinkpad has a red light which glows while on. After shutdown it now flashes a few times after shutdown before stopping (rather than just going out) which indicates to me that something is still running, but I do not know what. The laptop battery is good. The computer does not appear to be hibernating because when I start the computer it shows the Lenovo screen first thing. Any suggestions?

noclark1, May 7, 2021
  4. My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown

my laptop battery is draining after i shutdown my laptop

I have dell inspiron 3542model laptop . Now I upgrade my OS from 8.1 to 10.

After upgrade my laptop battery is having problem. I fully charged my battery and shutdown the windows in night. next day morning again I on my laptop with battery power it's not getting up . so I plug in the AC power and starting my laptop. and also I checked
    my battery status is 1% . without no usage of laptop my battery is draining even after I shutdown the windows

PRABAKARANCIVIL, May 7, 2021
Thema:

My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown

1. My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown - Similar Threads - laptop battery drains

2. Battery drain after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drain after shutdown: HP OMEN 15 0023-AMD 7 / newish / all software/FW updated. Battery drains 8% a day after shutdown. There is no csenabled item in regedit!!!!!! Did all the normal stuff like /S shutdown and turned off any fast boot items I could find. Made all functions shut down and not...
  3. Battery completely drains during Suspend state

Battery completely drains during Suspend state: Since a couple of months my laptop Asus zenbook pro 14, ux480FD started completely draining my battery once put in suspend mode every once in a while. It doesn't drain battery in hybernate, nor with wifi deactivated. I already deactivated fast startup, updated Intel drivers,...
  4. Draining Battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Draining Battery: My battery drains very fast. The battery can go from 100 to 0 in only a few hours, or probably less. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/draining-battery/3dabdac4-e436-46a9-a824-3dfac9412e9b
  5. Battery drains

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery drains: My Asus laptop has a problem where randomly the battery will fall from around 20% dramtically leaving me about 15 seconds each time before it reaches 0%, I thought this was a battery issue but upon buying a new battery I realised it must be a software issue as the issue...
  6. Battery drain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery drain: Hello. I shut my laptop down with the button start/close (the real one, not the one into the Windows logo at the bottom left) and still drain 13% during night. Is there a real way to actually stop Surface to use battery ? When I spend 2-3 days without using it while...
  7. Laptop inaccessible due to BitLocker after complete battery drain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop inaccessible due to BitLocker after complete battery drain: Hi everybody, I’m encountering a serious problem with BitLocker. Yesterday my laptop Lenovo Ideapad, Windows 10 ran completely out of battery. Without a warning of “low battery” or a controlled shutdown it suddenly went black. After plugging in the charger and...
  8. Battery draining when plugged in

Battery draining when plugged in: I have an Alienware R4 17 Laptop. I've been trying to play games on it, but after a few hours, the laptop decides to start draining and charging the battery by small amounts. The laptop then decides to drop my game performance to unplayable levels. My understanding is that...
  9. Battery Drains While Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Drains While Shutdown: Split from this thread. I have a 2 month old HP envy. 2 weeks ago after an automatic update, I noticed that my battery is draining completely over night on either sleep or hibernation. Prior to this it was fine. This seems to be a common problem. Any advice...
  10. Battery drain

Battery drain: Windows 10 is draining all my battery. I used to have 2.5hours standby on windows 8.1. I can barely go through an hour on windows 10. 10745