Windows 10: My laptop battery is nearly dead so why does Windows 10 still try to update when I shutdown...

Discus and support My laptop battery is nearly dead so why does Windows 10 still try to update when I shutdown... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I thought it used to be smarter than that. No? I seriously regret the day I replaced my old MacBook with a windows laptop because it’s cheaper...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LandarCorp, Feb 1, 2020.

1. My laptop battery is nearly dead so why does Windows 10 still try to update when I shutdown...

I thought it used to be smarter than that. No? I seriously regret the day I replaced my old MacBook with a windows laptop because it’s cheaper...

submitted by /u/LandarCorp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LandarCorp, Feb 1, 2020

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

My laptop battery is nearly dead so why does Windows 10 still try to update when I shutdown... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2020
  4. My laptop battery is nearly dead so why does Windows 10 still try to update when I shutdown...

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

My laptop battery is nearly dead so why does Windows 10 still try to update when I shutdown... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

My laptop battery is nearly dead so why does Windows 10 still try to update when I shutdown...

1. My laptop battery is nearly dead so why does Windows 10 still try to update when I shutdown... - Similar Threads - laptop battery nearly

2. Why does my laptop shutdown when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop shutdown when the lid is closed?: Title. Also, I'm not sure if it hibernates or anything but after I close the lid for a certain amount of time the computer shutdowns maybe? and I have to start it again with Win11 logo displaying. My PC starts off a bit slow when doing this and becomes normal againMy power...
  3. Why does my laptop shutdown when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop shutdown when the lid is closed?: Title. Also, I'm not sure if it hibernates or anything but after I close the lid for a certain amount of time the computer shutdowns maybe? and I have to start it again with Win11 logo displaying. My PC starts off a bit slow when doing this and becomes normal againMy power...
  4. My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown: Hello. I am still having problems with the battery getting completely drained when the computer is turned off. A 80% battery will not last more than 2 weeks with the computer shut down. If I turn it on after 2 weeks, the battery will be at 0%. I have turned off "fast...
  5. Laptop Battery dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery dead: Hi Windows 10 A 2 fold question. I have an HP Omen Laptop and for some time now that battery refuses to charge. For long time though the computer recognized that there was a battery as it always said it had 92% charge remaining but it would not charge. So first question is...
  6. Why does my laptop shutdown when I close the lid?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my laptop shutdown when I close the lid?: Why does my laptop always shutdown when I close the lid? I always have to restart my work and it is super annoying.[ATTACH] These are my settings....
  7. Why does my laptop always shutdown when I close the lid?

Why does my laptop always shutdown when I close the lid?: Why does my laptop always shutdown when I close the lid? I always have to restart my work and it is super annoying.[ATTACH] These are my settings....
  8. Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery: Recently, onde of the updates failed error 0x8024004c, and the messege says that I need to have my battery charged at least 40%. Unfortunately, my PC's battery is dead, it doesn't charge anymore, and it only works while pluged. Is there any solution to make it update even...
  9. Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery: The windows always force me to update my windows 10, but the problem is my laptop battery is dead, and I can't find a replacement since I had no money for it yet. but the windows keep force me to update it, I'm afraid I will unable to use my laptop at all if this keeps...
  10. Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update

Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update: Hello. I run a Lenovo z50 Windows 10 Laptop and the battery was working fine (approx 2 hours+) until I ran the latest update earlier this week. Since that update the battery is totally dead and will not take a charge. Has anyone else had a similar issue and is there a way...