Windows 10: My laptop blue screens when trying to play a video

Discus and support My laptop blue screens when trying to play a video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to play a certain video file it starts glitching out and then it blue screens. It says Video TDR Failure and atikmpag.says failed. I made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Miguel_R64, Jan 26, 2019.

1. My laptop blue screens when trying to play a video

When I try to play a certain video file it starts glitching out and then it blue screens. It says Video TDR Failure and atikmpag.says failed. I made the video file in VideoPad Editor and the same thing happened when I tried to remake the video. My laptop blue screens when trying to play a video d6a2bb5e-c5b0-469d-b6a8-9427b7ac4d04?upload=true.jpg

:)

Miguel_R64, Jan 26, 2019
  2. N-Gen Win User

Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Jan 26, 2019
  3. black screen when trying to play videos .

Hello , I have a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop . videos do play on my browser , you tube , virgin media etc . when I try to play a dvd I have audio but no video , black screen, same as when I try to play video clips that I have saved in my videos folder . My default
    video player installed on this laptop is cyberlink and the web cam is cyberlink you cam .

I have used the Microsoft help desk 4 times and I have had remote assistance but I still have the problem with video playback since installing windows 10 . I am seriously considering going back to windows 7 .

paulledster, Jan 26, 2019
  4. My laptop blue screens when trying to play a video

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

My laptop blue screens when trying to play a video

1. My laptop blue screens when trying to play a video - Similar Threads - laptop blue screens

2. Blue screen while playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen while playing video games: I have a blue screen restart regularly after playing for some time. The crash mostly happens when playing with some games that have higher graphical requirements, but they didn't cause problems in the past. I recently upgraded to a better graphics card, but I have no idea if...
  3. Blue screen while playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen while playing video games: I have a blue screen restart regularly after playing for some time. The crash mostly happens when playing with some games that have higher graphical requirements, but they didn't cause problems in the past. I recently upgraded to a better graphics card, but I have no idea if...
  4. Blue screen while playing video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue screen when playing videos in browser

Blue screen when playing videos in browser: Hello,I have crashes when playing videos in my browser. I have the most recent graphics drivers and windows update. Please help.Here is a link to dmp files and msinfohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AttUF1JsBjqjfRvtrzh2Z4pcWnQ?e=aOpAlOThanks!BrHarald...
  6. Blue Screen when play video

Blue Screen when play video: I purchased a new laptop, just 2 days, when I play video on YouTube, Netfilx and from hard disk, after 25~30 minutes, will crash and show this blue screen as below, the Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VOLATION. I been do the factory reset, then update all Windows update and...
  7. Laptop screen glitches when playing a video

Laptop screen glitches when playing a video: When I play a video youtube, a file, ads, etc, my screen occasionally turns black, glitches with purple and green lines on the screen before turning black, or making it so that the bottom of the screen shows the very top for an unknown reason. This can be solved by turning...
  8. blue crash screens when playing Video games

blue crash screens when playing Video games: I've starting having a lot of crashes when playing games on my system, it started out as just a crash with no errors reported by the game launcher. But now they are crashing and causing blue screens to occur. I've done a lot of basic trouble shoot, making sure drivers and my...
  9. Computer show blue screen when try to play YouTube video

Computer show blue screen when try to play YouTube video: It started around 26th September. My win10 computer suddenly started showing blue screen, with 'page fault in nonpaged area' every time I try to play YouTube video. How can I solve this problem?...
  10. Dark screen when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dark screen when playing video: I have an issue with playing any type of video, both stored in the computer and streamed from the internet or Netflix. The colors of the screen are changing and I see everything in grayish tint. But I perfectly see a cursor, a toolbar, search bar etc. I use Toshiba with...