Windows 10: My laptop booted into a new default account, how do I get my old one back?

Discus and support My laptop booted into a new default account, how do I get my old one back? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, I opened my laptop and it loaded me into an account called 'mk' automatically. My account I usually use is named after me, 'Jessica', and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JessicaGollinger, Feb 24, 2019.

1. My laptop booted into a new default account, how do I get my old one back?

Recently, I opened my laptop and it loaded me into an account called 'mk' automatically. My account I usually use is named after me, 'Jessica', and wasn't there as a sign-in option. I tried logging out, restarting, and shutting down my laptop but my only result is to be immediately logged back in to the 'mk' account.

At first all my files were missing but I saw that they were moved to my other hard drive in my laptop (my laptop is modified). When I saw them in there the file they were in was called ENVY360 and not after my old account username.

I need the files to be more accessible for school and I would also like my old account back because it had all my preferences and programs I needed. If anyone knows what caused my laptop to do this, please let me know.

I am using windows 10 and my laptop is an HP ENVY 360.

-Thank you

:)

JessicaGollinger, Feb 24, 2019

2. Old User Account Still Showing Up

My wife got a new laptop and I'm using her old one at work. While still on Windows 7, I deleted her account and set up a new one in my name as administrator. I then upgraded to Windows 10. Every time I restart the laptop, Windows 10 wants to default to
    her old account and shows it on the login screen. My account is listed in the lower left corner of the login screen as an additional account. I have to select my account instead of hers, enter my password and login as usual. Her name/old account is NOT
    listed under user accounts or family accounts, etc. I have not found any way to completely delete her account or any other evidence of her name on this laptop.

How can I get, what seems to be a ghost account off this laptop? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Steve Woolley Sr, Feb 24, 2019
  3. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Feb 24, 2019
  4. My laptop booted into a new default account, how do I get my old one back?

Need some help. Old HDD. New laptop.

Yes, that would be a favorable solution if possible. But it requires what I said as a first step. Once he gets booted into the OS, then he can either use it as is or try to recover the product key. I'm not saying he couldn't do what you said, I was replying to another post that suggested simply copy/pasting documents from the old hard drive.

Papahyooie, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

My laptop booted into a new default account, how do I get my old one back?

1. My laptop booted into a new default account, how do I get my old one back? - Similar Threads - laptop booted default

2. How do I get my old background back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my old background back?: I installed an app for school now the picture of the website is showing on my background. How to get my previous background back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-old-background-back/0e1fa76a-a95b-4637-a57a-b7b292bc44f8
  3. How do I get my old background back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my old background back?: I installed an app for school now the picture of the website is showing on my background. How to get my previous background back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-old-background-back/0e1fa76a-a95b-4637-a57a-b7b292bc44f8
  4. How do I get my old files back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get my old files back: How do I get my old files back on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-old-files-back/e3504314-23f7-40bd-8865-759d2391c1f9
  5. How do I get my old files back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my old files back: How do I get my old files back on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-old-files-back/e3504314-23f7-40bd-8865-759d2391c1f9
  6. How do I get my old files back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I get my laptop back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my laptop back?: Hey! So today I noticed a weird software on my windows 10 Huawei Laptop. It took like 80 % of the cpu. Naturally I ended the task and then took on a quest to remove it. But the system would state that it was running somewhere so I could not do it :. So I took the hard path. I...
  8. How do I get my laptop back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get my laptop back?: Hey! So today I noticed a weird software on my windows 10 Huawei Laptop. It took like 80 % of the cpu. Naturally I ended the task and then took on a quest to remove it. But the system would state that it was running somewhere so I could not do it :. So I took the hard path. I...
  9. How do I get my account back?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I get my account back?: Hey, I recently had a problem with my pc that caused the storage to wipe, including the OS. I assumed that as I upgraded to windows 10 quite some time ago, the OS key would be attached to my hardware. Unfortunalty I can not seem to figure out how to get windows 10 working on...
  10. How do i change my desktop back to the default one that came with my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i change my desktop back to the default one that came with my laptop: My desktop changed completely with no icons on it at all, screen is black. How do I change it back to the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-desktop-back-to-the-default-one/d5739f8e-a0c1-4f38-a43c-a8ca70d26902