Windows 10: My laptop bricked after Windows 10 Version 2004. I tried everything possible.

Discus and support My laptop bricked after Windows 10 Version 2004. I tried everything possible. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (Re-posted from /r/techsupport) I tried everything I could to fix my laptop. My laptop model is Lenovo Legion Y530, and I bought it over a year ago.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Miu_K, Oct 25, 2020.

1. /u/Miu_K Win User

My laptop bricked after Windows 10 Version 2004. I tried everything possible.

(Re-posted from /r/techsupport)

I tried everything I could to fix my laptop. My laptop model is Lenovo Legion Y530, and I bought it over a year ago.

I updated and installed Windows 10 version 2004 on Friday, it was fine after it restarted, so I did a quick weekly maintenance to delete junk files and such. I noticed that it was a bit slow but worked fine after a few minutes.

While gaming, I got BSOD. The problem started when BSOD didn't make any % progress and gave me a new screen:

The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.

File : \WINDOW\system32\config\system

Error code: 0x0000185

So, I googled that error. I tried fixing the BCD, got access denied when entering bootrec /fixboot, and no solution fixed that. After many trials and errors (and googling) trying to fix BCD through installation media USB, nothing worked to repair the BCD.

I searched even further and one of the options were to do a clean install of Windows 10. I tried ways to backup my personal files through notepad on command prompt and other bootable backup software, but I couldn't due to errors. I couldn't even see or access my personal user folder.

Thus, I decided to focus only on saving my laptop by formatting all the partitions and installing Windows 10 through installation media (USB). It installed fine, but gave me an error saying that it couldn't start up windows 10, which means the installation after restarting was cancelled. At some point, I got a new blue screen:

The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

File: \EFI\Microsoft\Recovery\BCD

Error code: 0x000014c.

Other options I tried since Friday:

- Startup repair (can't work)

- Uninstall Updates (can't work)

- Restore system (no previous states/drives were found)

- Reboot (doesn't work)

In short, I tried everything I could google. Nothing worked. I never wanted this to happen. My warranty has been expired. Please help.

submitted by /u/Miu_K
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Miu_K, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Jpv_2020 Win User

windows version 2004 update

After windows version 2004 update, internet is not working - tried all the trouble shooting steps but issue was persisted. Internet started to work only after reverting to previous version 1909

Jpv_2020, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. My laptop bricked after Windows 10 Version 2004. I tried everything possible. - Similar Threads - laptop bricked Version

2. Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 8.1 if my laptop came with Windows 10? 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 8.1 if my laptop came with Windows 10? 2004: I heard some people had their mouse and keyboard no longer functioning when they downgraded to an older version is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-to-windows-81-if-my/94bb34b3-d57b-4f39-9c79-38c6fd09c831
  3. I try everything else on this **** laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I try everything else on this **** laptop: I try everything to get my window 10 storage do go down but Everytime I do it's keep getting full and all way say low storage all I want is to update my laptop and it's pissing me off...
  4. Audio simply not working, after trying everything possible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio simply not working, after trying everything possible.: I just recently got a new mobo, installed all of this drivers, updated audio drivers, reinstalled them, tried different drivers, Nothing. When I play audio, my Playback recognizes the sounds and has the level of sound move accordingly, but I am not hearing any of it. I...
  5. Will everything will be the same If I go back to version 1909 from version 2004 in windows 10 ?

Will everything will be the same If I go back to version 1909 from version 2004 in windows 10 ?: I was using windows 10 version 1909 and my system image got damaged. Now I want to go back to version 1909, so if I go back will everything will be the same like will my system image still be damaged or It will be a clean, new installation ?...
  6. Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 version 2004 has ruined my laptop: Hello, I own a Toshiba Satellite S50 B-15-F laptop. A few days ago I installed the latest updates, and didn't notice anything in the beginning. After about an hour of use, it crashed. I turned it off by holding the power button for 10 seconds, and tried to restart it....
  7. Should I continue to try to install Windows 10 version 2004?

Should I continue to try to install Windows 10 version 2004?: I have been unable to get the May 2020 update of Windows 10 version 2004 to install on my Asus Laptop Intel Cor i7 8th generation. The automatic update failed three times with error code 0x8007001f by June 17, but now Windows Update says my system is up to date. On June 18, I...
  8. Just tried to install Windows 10 version 2004

Just tried to install Windows 10 version 2004: What a nightmare. Took most of 8 hours to install and then kept rebooting because it perceived errors. Eventually it did a complete disk evaluation and repair. Never thought it would successfully stay booted up but eventually it did but with a somewhat darker blue band...
  9. Windows 10 Update bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update bricked my laptop.: So long story short, I was forced into an update by windows on my laptop. Said update now has stuck me in a boot loop where it resets after flashing up on the screen saying "undoing changes made by windows update". The only thing I can acess is the BIOS. Any help would be...
  10. windows 10 update bricked my laptop

windows 10 update bricked my laptop: so I'm the kinda person who doesn't like that windows 10 is always sneaking around on my metered internet connection downloading updates with my data that costs me money without my consent but today it got worse.. I bought a new dell laptop with high specs, 16 gigs ram 4...