Windows 10: My laptop brightness bar wont go passed certain thresholds of brightness 40 being the main...

Discus and support My laptop brightness bar wont go passed certain thresholds of brightness 40 being the main... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so ive been trying too simply turn my brightness up too 60 as thats what it was at before when it was working but now i doesnt work for some reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joey2time, Jan 4, 2020.

1. joey2time Win User

My laptop brightness bar wont go passed certain thresholds of brightness 40 being the main...

so ive been trying too simply turn my brightness up too 60 as thats what it was at before when it was working but now i doesnt work for some reason when i unplugged my laptop too move too a nicer spot in my house the brightness just stopped working. when i go too the bottom right of my screen and try and turn up my brightness the bar will stay at 100 but the actual brightness level that you physically see is around 20% 25% and it will slightly flicker the screen wont go black then back too normal, rather it flickers slighty in the brightness aspect my laptop is new and runs things very well here are the steps ive done:

1.went too device manager adapters updated drivers even uninstalled and reinstalled

2.power settings-advanced power setting- change plan- display.

3.right click bottom of screen and played with brightness and bought a new battery too see i that helped.

something i want too do but cant.....

restore factory system settings. but i get "theres a problem resetting this pc" idk why but thats another problem

:)

joey2time, Jan 4, 2020

2. Laptop brightness

Usually there are special keys on laptops to adjust the brightness

Function keys may have a second option

In windows settings -> system -> display

• You might not see the Change brightness slider on desktop PCs that have an external monitor. To change the brightness on an external monitor, use the buttons on it.
    • If you don't have a desktop PC and the slider doesn't appear or work, try updating the display driver. In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results. In Device Manager,
      select Display adapters, then select the display adapter. Press and hold (or right-click) the display adapter name, then select Update driver and follow the instructions.

HARDCORE GAMES™, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Jan 4, 2020
  4. My laptop brightness bar wont go passed certain thresholds of brightness 40 being the main...

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

My laptop brightness bar wont go passed certain thresholds of brightness 40 being the main...

1. My laptop brightness bar wont go passed certain thresholds of brightness 40 being the main... - Similar Threads - laptop brightness bar

2. My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?: My laptop's brightness buttons used to work as you would expect them too. Recently, I've noticed that my brightness increase button only works if the brightness is at or below around 20%. Otherwise it can't increase. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Seems like a...
  3. My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?: My laptop's brightness buttons used to work as you would expect them too. Recently, I've noticed that my brightness increase button only works if the brightness is at or below around 20%. Otherwise it can't increase. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Seems like a...
  4. Brightness bar is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness bar is not working: Both my brightness keys, and my the brightness slider in settings have no effect on the brightness of my laptop's screen. I am able to use the controls to change it, but they just don't do anything. This has been an issue both before and after updating to windows 11....
  5. Brightness bar is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness bar is not working: Both my brightness keys, and my the brightness slider in settings have no effect on the brightness of my laptop's screen. I am able to use the controls to change it, but they just don't do anything. This has been an issue both before and after updating to windows 11....
  6. Brightness Bar is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Bar is missing: Hi, I have a Windows 11 and for a while now my brightness bar has been missing. My eyeballs have been suffering a lot lately and I really just want to get this fixed and get it over with. I searched and tried so many ways in the internet. I read articles, help pages,...
  7. brightness control bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brightness control bar: How do i find my brightness control bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-control-bar/c8d9258a-1507-4937-9e78-7f73eefc69a6
  8. brightness bar on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness bar on screen: From Past 2 days, i have a brightness bar on my screen. And whenever i tried to decrease my screen brightness, it automatically increases to full limit . So help me to solve this issue....
  9. Brightness hotkeys let me set brightness only to 40% or 60%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness hotkeys let me set brightness only to 40% or 60%: Not sure when this happened. As I said in the title the usual brightness hotkeys that used to let me increase or decrease brightness progressively by 10% now work completely differently. The one I used to increase now sets the brightness to 60% and the one used to decrease...
  10. Brightness bar scrolls but the brightness doesnt adjust

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness bar scrolls but the brightness doesnt adjust: I have a windows surface laptop. When I google brightness adjustment issues, it only shows resolution for when the brightness bar doesnt move or are disabled. My brightness bar slides up and down, corresponds woth the keys however the physical brightness of the computer does...