Windows 10: My laptop built-in microphone not working, after i disconnected my bleutooth headphone

Discus and support My laptop built-in microphone not working, after i disconnected my bleutooth headphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is not first time, last time it fixed aloneno idea how-. This time it just doesn't work. Before i connected my bleutooth headphone was all good.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LéoZ, Jan 21, 2021.

1. LéoZ Win User

My laptop built-in microphone not working, after i disconnected my bleutooth headphone

This is not first time, last time it fixed aloneno idea how-. This time it just doesn't work. Before i connected my bleutooth headphone was all good.

So at least i can use headphone's microphonehands free AG audio but whatever i do, my laptop built-in microphone doesn't work.

I have no idea why but pretty sure that bleutooth headphone blocked something, i know well the configuration and all setting stuffsall setting are good, the only cause is bleutooth headphone, i tried everything i could, it just doesn't work.

If someone had same problem, please help.

:)

LéoZ, Jan 21, 2021
  2. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    My laptop built-in microphone not working, after i disconnected my bleutooth headphone [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2021
  4. robzam Win User

My laptop built-in microphone not working, after i disconnected my bleutooth headphone

When inserting headphones, built in microphone is not working

When I plugged in my headphones in my laptop, having the newly installed Windows 10, a question came up to select what type of device is this. By mistake, instead to clicking headphones, I clicked headset. From that point the microphone of my laptop did not work anymore, when the headphones are plugged in. Is there some way I can arrange this problem?

Thanks a lot for the advice.

robzam, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. My laptop built-in microphone not working, after i disconnected my bleutooth headphone - Similar Threads - laptop built microphone

2. Headphone microphone problems with my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone microphone problems with my laptop: I have a Dell G15 Laptop, everything is in perfect shape except that it wont allow me to use my headphone mic. I have a HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 2 and somehow there's no microphone input for my headphone's mic other than microphone array. I've tried reinstalling/updating the...
  3. Headphone microphone problems with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone problems with my laptop: I have a Dell G15 Laptop, everything is in perfect shape except that it wont allow me to use my headphone mic. I have a HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 2 and somehow there's no microphone input for my headphone's mic other than microphone array. I've tried reinstalling/updating the...
  4. Laptop's in-built microphone not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop's in-built microphone not working: I had bought an Asus Vivobook 15 with pre-installed windows 10 on 2nd August 2020. I had video called through Google Duo on this laptop once or twice and it was working normally, but after about a week or so the in-built microphone of this laptop stopped working. There isn't...
  5. How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?: The microphone on my headset is not working. I want to use the mic that is built directly into my laptop, but when my headphones are plugged in, the pc can only use the mic on them. what's worse is that "realtek HD audio" refers to both my computer's sound system and any...
  6. headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer: So im having this problem with my pc. So one day i woke up and my pc was being kinda slow so i restarted it and then i couldn't talk to my friends. i do use the built in mic in my laptop to talk and dont use my headphones. this has been happening since about the middle of...
  7. My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.: I want to plug in my headphones and still have my laptop's built-in microphone record sound (e.g. my voice). Right now, if my plug in my headphones, the laptop's microphone doesn't pick up anything. With my old pair of headphones, this wasn't an issue-- I could record my...
  8. Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work

Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work: I've been attempting to use applications like Teamspeak or Google Hangouts, but whenever I try to use the built-in microphone on my laptop, it doesn't work. It did work when I was using Windows 8.1. The "update driver" button only says that it's up to date. EDIT: I have...
  9. When inserting headphones, built in microphone is not working

When inserting headphones, built in microphone is not working: When I plugged in my headphones in my laptop, having the newly installed Windows 10, a question came up to select what type of device is this. By mistake, instead to clicking headphones, I clicked headset. From that point the microphone of my laptop did not work anymore, when...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...