Windows 10: My laptop camera cant save my photos and videos

Discus and support My laptop camera cant save my photos and videos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is the error message: Something went wrong Sorry, we weren't able to save the photo. If you need it, here's the error code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SetaRipper, Mar 16, 2020.

1. My laptop camera cant save my photos and videos

This is the error message:

Something went wrong
    Sorry, we weren't able to save the photo.

If you need it, here's the error code:

0xA00F424F<PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed> 0x80270200

What can I do to fix this issue?

:)

SetaRipper, Mar 16, 2020

2. When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, Mar 16, 2020
  3. cannot upload camera or camcorder pics & videos

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re unable to import photos and videos after upgrading to Windows 10.

This could be due to incorrect Auto play settings. I suggest you to follow the steps as shown below and check if it helps.

• Plug in the Camera.
    • Go to Start and type AutoPlay Settings.
    • Choose AutoPlay Settings.
    • Under your Camera Device, choose the option "Import Photos and Videos."
    • Exit Auto Play Settings and check if the issue persists.
    You may refer to the article “Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD” for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/import-photos-videos

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 16, 2020
  4. robinpe Win User

My laptop camera cant save my photos and videos

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

My laptop camera cant save my photos and videos

1. My laptop camera cant save my photos and videos - Similar Threads - laptop camera cant

2. Cant find my camera on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant find my camera on my laptop: I was wondering if anyone can help me I have a dslr camera the first time I plugged it in to my laptop to download some programmes it had the pop up to import or take no action I had no photos to import so I clicked take no action but now when I plug it in it doesn’t pick it...
  3. Cant find my camera on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant find my camera on my laptop: I was wondering if anyone can help me I have a dslr camera the first time I plugged it in to my laptop to download some programmes it had the pop up to import or take no action I had no photos to import so I clicked take no action but now when I plug it in it doesn’t pick it...
  4. Cant find my camera on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I cant save a photo from a video

I cant save a photo from a video: how to save a photo from a video. When doing this in the photo app I receive the error: something went wrong try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-save-a-photo-from-a-video/e727a33b-1d1b-46c9-87bd-cc741fd7cbcb
  6. Camera does not save video or photos

Camera does not save video or photos: I recieved an error code, 0xA00F424F<PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed> 0x80070005 when I tried to take a photo and got a slightly different code, 0xA00F425F<VideoCaptureFileCreationFailed> 0x80070005 How do I get the camera working properly? I can see myself but it will not...
  7. Photos app - not able to save my trimmed video.

Photos app - not able to save my trimmed video.: Hi. I'm trying to trim a few video files from my dashcam and when I press save as saving progress stops at the end, about 95% . Just installed windows 10 professional 2004v. and updated everything whats possible....
  8. 0xa00f424 camera app cant save picture and video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xa00f424 camera app cant save picture and video: It look like the camera app of win 10 can function but when I press the button to take picture or record video it will show cant save with 0xA00F424 error. So, any solution to solve this?...
  9. Cant Save edited video from photo app

Cant Save edited video from photo app: Hello, I made a video recording & added music to it. The photo app is saving the project, but when I got to finish the video, it doesnt export to my hard drive. It says completed, but where are the files? Geeze people, your software constantly gives me issues. I think I am...
  10. Saving photos and videos from Instagram to my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving photos and videos from Instagram to my PC: Is there a way to save photos and videos from Instagram accounts that I am following? I want to keep them in my photos or video folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-photos-and-videos-from-instagram-to-my-pc/b63b2c25-24ac-4d4a-a0f5-e68c300c9441

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xa00f424f photocapturefailed 0x80270200