Windows 10: My laptop cannot detect WiFi

Discus and support My laptop cannot detect WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop will randomly sometimes just cannot detect wifi. I ran the trouble shooter and it didn’t work. I tried network reset and that didn’t work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Declan Moore, Feb 2, 2020.

1. My laptop cannot detect WiFi

My laptop will randomly sometimes just cannot detect wifi. I ran the trouble shooter and it didn’t work. I tried network reset and that didn’t work either. Is there anyway to fix this?

:)

Declan Moore, Feb 2, 2020

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Everything detects+connects to everything including Home Laptop and Home WIFI except Home Laptop to Home WIFI

SOLVED:

• Home WIFI is set to Channel 4 and has over 90% signal.
    • Neighbour WIFI is set to Channel 4 and has over 90% signal.
    • I set Home WIFI to Channel 1 - it was set to Auto
    • Home Laptop detects Home WIFI 5 times after I switch Router off and on - it used to not detect after 1-2 switches.
    • Home Laptop connects to Home WIFI in less than 2 seconds - it used to take more than 10 seconds.

Problem:

• Home Laptop doesn't detect Home WIFI except sometimes

Exception:

• Sometimes Home Laptop detects and connects to Home WIFI
      successfully + internet works great like when I posted this question. Generally it happens after
      turning Home Router off and on.

Mission:

• To make Home Laptop detect Home WIFI

WIFI detection:

• Everything detects Home WIFI except Home Laptop
    • Home Laptop detects Every WIFI except Home WIFI
    • Home Laptop detects Home WIFI on Neighbour Cable Line
    • Home Laptop doesn't detect Neighbour WIFI on Home Cable Line

Info:

• Router: Nokia G-140w-G
    • WIFI Adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter

Tried:

• Windows Update - up to date: 24.11.2019
    • Windows Reset including deleting files
    • Network Reset + Windows Restart
    • Router Reset
    • Router Unplug everything for more than a minute
    • WIFI Adapter Driver Update - "Windows has determined that the best
      driver for this device is already installed"
    • WIFI Adapter Drivers Replacement - 3 replaced
    • WIFI Adapter enable/disable
    • Mobile Hot Spot - doesn't detect

Ziya Ceferov, Feb 2, 2020
  4. My laptop cannot detect WiFi

Laptop not detecting wifi

My laptop is not detecting wifi signal of any of the broadband but if I create a hotspot network through mobile then it detects that.. Does this means that it is not detecting signal of a particular band or vice-versa..

PUNENDRA KUMAR SAHU, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

My laptop cannot detect WiFi

1. My laptop cannot detect WiFi - Similar Threads - laptop cannot detect

2. My laptop is not detecting wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not detecting wifi: My hp stream laptop stopped detecting with so I did a complete reset and now I'm stuck on the let's connect you to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-detecting-wifi/5541faf7-5b87-4ea7-90c1-e7c06534b94f
  3. My laptop is not detecting wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not detecting wifi: My hp stream laptop stopped detecting with so I did a complete reset and now I'm stuck on the let's connect you to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-detecting-wifi/5541faf7-5b87-4ea7-90c1-e7c06534b94f
  4. My laptop is not detecting wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My PC cannot detect my house's wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC cannot detect my house's wifi: My PC cannot detect my house's wifi on the available list after reinstall win 7 system, I already update my wifi adapter driver but not fix.Other wifi can show on the list accept my house wifi. My wifi adapter is dwa-123 wireless n 150 USB adapter. Please help me solve...
  6. My PC cannot detect my house's wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC cannot detect my house's wifi: My PC cannot detect my house's wifi on the available list after reinstall win 7 system, I already update my wifi adapter driver but not fix.Other wifi can show on the list accept my house wifi. My wifi adapter is dwa-123 wireless n 150 USB adapter. Please help me solve...
  7. Cannot detect 5Ghz Wifi

Cannot detect 5Ghz Wifi: My Asus Zenbook UX305CA used to be able to connect to 5Ghz wifi router but ever since the lastest update from Windows 10. It no longer can detect 5Ghz wifi signal but only 2.4Ghz. I have googled for the solution but none seems to be able to solve my problem. I am using...
  8. Some WiFi Networks Not Detected on My Laptop

Some WiFi Networks Not Detected on My Laptop: Hello, I am in desperate need of help. My laptop is not able to detected some WiFi networks. It will show many other WiFi connections available but not the ones I need eg. in my own apartment or a friend's apartment or school etc.. I've tried many things and nothing has...
  9. Laptop not detecting wifi

Laptop not detecting wifi: My laptop is not detecting wifi signal of any of the broadband but if I create a hotspot network through mobile then it detects that.. Does this means that it is not detecting signal of a particular band or vice-versa.....
  10. Unable to detect my wifi on laptop

Unable to detect my wifi on laptop: Hi, I am having trouble detecting my wifi on my laptop. All other devices in house can connect no problems. I can see all other wifi networks in area but not my own. Have down all the usual troubleshooting, updates etc but nothing seems to work. Was working fine 2days...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop is nor detecting wifi